Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (97 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It is amazing to me that we had the opportunity to be rid of both Allegri and Pogba this summer, both could have gone to saudi for big money, and yet they both opted to stay. Only a matter of time before Alex Sandro gives an interview revealing he turned down 30mil to stay at Juve.

Its like the football universe is conspiring to torture the members of this forum :lol:

@Lion

I wonder if Beppe was so offended by his wrongful sacking that he's now just 4d chess fucking with our incompent management each mercato. Dude almost head faked us into signing an aging Lukaku :beppe2:

Apr 12, 2004
:lol:

It's not just you lot:

: Harry Maguire’s move to West Ham currently — it’s not happening ⛔️

“Harry respects West Ham and David Moyes, but to be clear there was never an agreement in place between Harry and West Ham — for example, at no point has Harry spoken to Moyes”, source close to player says.

“Harry remains settled at United, loves the club and believes he will get plenty of opportunities to play this season at Manchester United under Erik ten Hag”.

- FabRom

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
How soon before Saudi League turns from a useless league to actually having quality? Might happen quicker than i expected myself.

With the amount of money they’re throwing around, who knows.

Neymar isn’t in his prime anymore but that’s still a massive statement. He’s only 31, despite the injury issues. Add Allison to that, who is up there among the best GKs in the world and even Verrati, still one of best CMs in Europe.

Then there is the likely Saudi world cup bid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The only way it could become the "best league in the world" is if the Saudi investment fund nationalizes all of the clubs in the league and then they proceed to buy like the 300 best players in the world. Then they would need to ship in fans from all areas of the planet and have massive TV deals. This is all before viewing the actual product on the pitch, which could just end up being glorified, super expensive friendlies between mercenaries playing in front of their slave masters in the dessert heat.

I think some of these guys are going to wake up one day and say, shit, I made a lot of money, but I really fucking hate it here. Other than the Muslim players of course, who are now making profit cuz they believe in the Prophet.

Whatever the case, I'll just stick with MLS and never watch a single match of that mercenary league.

Apr 12, 2004
Wish i had your optimism..

Dude, trust me. Football is a marathon and they don't have the money to sustainably keep this up. The average income in the KSA is literally $750/month. The locals can't afford to attend games.

Arabia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Italy

- - - Updated - - -

The only category where Italy beats them in is racism
And GDP, and water, and persecution, and execution, and torture, and trees, and weather, and cars, and shoes, and cinema......

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
How soon before Saudi League turns from a useless league to actually having quality? Might happen quicker than i expected myself.

With the amount of money they’re throwing around, who knows.

Neymar isn’t in his prime anymore but that’s still a massive statement. He’s only 31, despite the injury issues. Add Allison to that, who is up there among the best GKs in the world and even Verrati, still one of best CMs in Europe.

Then there is the likely Saudi world cup bid.

You don't need 50 good players for a great league. You need 50 000.

Go watch a game at the fourth or fifth level in Italy, France, England, Belgium or Holland. You're bound to see at least two quality players on the pitch.

And then there's obviously the entire youth system. Man, Brazil alone probably has at least a million guys who are decent at football.

There's no way you can beat that by buying players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)