Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's a joke. I can't believe people are actually defending this move, let alone supporting it as somehow good for football.

And no, neither Barca nor Madrid have ever done anything remotely similar to this.

In the last 30 years the biggest transfer record fee jump was by Inter when they bought Vieri for 32 million pounds, a jump of 49% from Denilson's transfer fee of 21.5 million pounds a year earlier.

Zidane was a 26% on Figo's transfer fee. And since those were both by Madrid, Zidane was only a 30% jump on Crespo the previous non-Madrid record.

C. Ronaldo was a 43% jump on Kaka.

Even if we go all the way from Crespo to Bale, in which Real Madrid continually broke its own transfer records over a period of 13 years... the jump for that entire period is 83.3%. And 3 of those players were Ballon d'Or winners.

Throw in Pogba and you get a rise in transfer record from 2000 to 2016 of 91%. 1.91X increase. Over 16 years.

PSG on the other hand just raised the transfer record by 124.7%. 2.1X the previous record. In a single season. For Neymar. Who is not a Ballon d'Or winner or the best player in football (maybe top 5). FFP is an absolute joke if UEFA don't bitch slap this club right out of the CL.
You love stats, man.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
According to Le Parisien, Mbappe to PSG is done for around 155 mil plus a player.
Monaco is totally ruined as a team, no way they can compete in League and CL this season after such transfer window. they lost Mendy, Silva, Bakayoko and now Mbappe, poor Jardim. I wonder what will they do with all that money, if this is true they made more than a quarter billion in this window

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
According to Le Parisien, Mbappe to PSG is done for around 155 mil plus a player.
Holy-fucking-shit.

First off, PSG looks even more disgusting after these transfers.

But then again, holy shit, I can't believe they managed to pull Neymar - Mbappe duo. It's gonna be a fucking hell for defenders to face them and it will actually make me stream some of their matches to see the terror!

Monaco is totally ruined as a team, no way they can compete in League and CL this season after such transfer window. they lost Mendy, Silva, Bakayoko and now Mbappe, poor Jardim. I wonder what will they do with all that money, if this is true they made more than a quarter billion in this window
Then again, look how much money they got from it...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Holy-fucking-shit.

First off, PSG looks even more disgusting after these transfers.

But then again, holy shit, I can't believe they managed to pull Neymar - Mbappe duo. It's gonna be a fucking hell for defenders to face them and it will actually make me stream some of their matches to see the terror!
I'd imagine in a league where you can score 4 goals with 10 men it'll be rather boring after a while. CL should be fun, but don't they essentially play from the same side?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
they're not putting that money to work, most of their transfers have been raiding French, Belgian and Dutch leagues looking for bargains apart from 25m Tielemans signing, which could turn out great
I know. But they are there to earn and not chase the CL title. I bet their president is happy about the moves as he has the full pockets. They know how to invest so they will always be fun to watch and with plenty of great talent.

I'd imagine in a league where you can score 4 goals with 10 men it'll be rather boring after a while. CL should be fun, but don't they essentially play from the same side?
I actually think they would destroy any league, not just Ligue 1.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
For a year? And? It's a $#@! ban and will do nothing to them.

FFP is a huge $#@! and PSG has proved it this summer.
The UEFA Financial Fair Play Regulations (FFP) were established to prevent professional football clubs spending more than they earn in the pursuit of success and in doing so getting into financial problems which might threaten their long-term survival

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
The UEFA Financial Fair Play Regulations (FFP) were established to prevent professional football clubs spending more than they earn in the pursuit of success and in doing so getting into financial problems which might threaten their long-term survival
Which PSG is clearly not threatened financially.

Let it be, I say. They're the new Real Madrid. Should be a fun team to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)