Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (36 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
David Luiz is actually a lot better then you give him credit for. Occasional erratic decisions but most of the time he is very good. It's bizzare PSG would sell him, he has been mostly fantastic for them in tandem with Thiago.

Chelsea is funny tho, they sold Matic and bought him back, now with Luiz too it seems.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Marquinhos when given the chance has been a beast, i think they wanted to move from Luis and give him his proper chance.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Marquinhos when given the chance has been a beast, i think they wanted to move from Luis and give him his proper chance.
Yeah that part I get, Marquinhos is gonna be great soon, but rest of their depth is random nobody youth players.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
David Luiz, when focussed and helped by a decent coach, is an absolute WC defender who is a threat in the air and even scores from FK's. He's criminally underrated.
Funny thing is in their years together there's plenty of time he has been clearly better Thiago Silva, world class as you said, but he gets shit reputation anyways. While Thiago has made shocking mistakes last year's but rarely gets criticized (until post world cup Brasil). He has this Nesta like aura that makes people overrate him while laughing at a single error Luiz makes for a whole year.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Funny thing is in their years together there's plenty of time he has been clearly better Thiago Silva, world class as you said, but he gets shit reputation anyways. While Thiago has made shocking mistakes last year's but rarely gets criticized (until post world cup Brasil). He has this Nesta like aura that makes people overrate him while laughing at a single error Luiz makes for a whole year.

Honestly, I think a lot of that has to do with David Luiz's hairstyle and the fact he tries to be a bit too fancy for a defender. Some people just don't like that. It's bullshit though. Sure, Luiz is not the type of defender Bonucci, Barzagli or Chiellini are, but he's still WC.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
David Luiz is not world class and nowhere near 30m, but if Conte plays a 3-5-2 he could work very well in the centre of the 3, bombing forwards and making passes a la Bonucci. Its a panic buy doe.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Luiz is not a WC defender but he's surely underrated here.

And yes, he was heavily overpaid when he went to Paris, no doubt about that. But he's a good player.
Exactly. There seems to be a lot of peeps that only operates in two extremes: world class or pure shite.

Luis is a good defender. Hard to find more than 20-30 central defenders in Europe that are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)