Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (32 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Why would be sell barzagli who is world class when fit. Sure hes injured sometimes but we can totally do with the 5 cbs we now got.

Gervinho, yeah, RiP roma. That guy was key for them. Carried the creating part.

This has to be the worst transfer since decades

- - - Updated - - -

I really cannot understand this Gervinho save.

Roma basically stops beeing a contender for CL and EL qualification with this sale.

Sabatini fans now have a good reason to abandon ship
18 million tho

Buy on AliExpress.com

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Marotta said multiple times that the club wants to extend Barzagli's contract. Don't see Barzagli wanting to leave either, but if he does, it'll be out of his own volition. And just because one silly source said he is, doesn't mean he is.

Gervinho wanted to leave, didn't want to remain at Roma anymore. That's why Roma sold him.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I doubt that it's the prospect of winning the world famous Chinese Super League is what convinces those players to join them.
Sure, but losing in China doesn't sound appealing.

It's massively corrupt as well, or at least was. I don't imagine it has gone away since they made a lot of changes/arrests, but with more money coming in from all angles it dampens that side of things.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Sure, but losing in China doesn't sound appealing.

It's massively corrupt as well, or at least was. I don't imagine it has gone away since they made a lot of changes/arrests, but with more money coming in from all angles it dampens that side of things.
Yeah, but let's face it, most players are going there for one reason and one reason only and that's money.

A few probably also do it to get to know a different culture and to see a different part of the world, but the actual footballing aspect is at the very end of their priorities I'd imagine.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah, but let's face it, most players are going there for one reason and one reason only and that's money.

A few probably also do it to get to know a different culture and to see a different part of the world, but the actual footballing aspect is at the very end of their priorities I'd imagine.
Actually that may well be the case for half of Roma's signings :D

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
A retarded price for the pivotal player in most decisive goals, or just most goals in general, for roma the past 2/3 years.

I cant remember all the times that roma won a clutch game and everyone was like "gervinho made the difference" or "they cant get goals without gervinho"
Honestly never felt as if he was that great for them, apart from the first 8 months or so.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Honestly never felt as if he was that great for them, apart from the first 8 months or so.
The statistics wont back it up. But he was neccecary for them to create chances. If he didnt play or was not having a good game, Roma struggled to connect up front.

One could compare it to Vucinic at juve. But with an even bigger effect. Much bigger.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be interested to see how many of the players are still in China in a year.
You think they just go to collect a paycheck for a year and move away ?

i found it remarcable that suddenly so many good players were moving to China. They need it over there to raise the level of the competition, and allow domestic players to learn and develop more.

Would be good if this is a lasting thing. Players who struggle to be better then surplus at the top quality teams, but are talented that move to china.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Gervinho prolly left because he's butt-buddies with Garcia. With Garcia gone (and with no hope of Roma winning anything in the foreseeable future), he too decided to leave.

Why China and not more competitive footie? Why not? He isn't good enough to play for a top club and win trophies in Europe, and he'll get called by his NT irrespective of where he plays his club footie. Might as well make the big bucks in China.

Gervinho isn't worth more than 18m, esp a 28 yo Gervinho. He was great in his 1st season with Roma, was decent afterwards. Hardly the difference-maker type, but he was the only decent LW/LWF they had. El Sha and Perotti are better than Iturbe, Iago, Ibarbo, etc (LOL) but aren't good enough as starters. It's tough to sign a good player in Jan, tougher when you have the financial/FFP constraints Roma have, but Roma needed to do better esp with Dzeko being abysmal and Salah too being off form of late.

I wonder what CB and RB (if any) they'll sign, lol. Not finishing top-3 will really set them back. I hope Fiorentina make it.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Zukanovic: 'Forza Roma!’
By Football Italia staff

Ervin Zukanovic says “negotiations were very quick” with Roma, as he’s set for a medical tomorrow.

The Sampdoria defender appeared to be set for VFB Stuttgart, but it emerged today that Roma had beaten the German side to his signature.

The Bosnian international arrived at Trigoria this evening, ahead of a €1.5m loan with a compulsory redemption clause of €2.5m.

“The negotiations were very quick,” Zukanovic told LaRoma24 outside the club’s training ground.

“Forza Roma!”

The 28-year-old, who can play at left-back or centre-back has made 16 appearances for Samp in Serie A this season, scoring three goals.
i see they keep buying pure quality.

Ervin :touched: @lgorTudor

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Doumbia talks break down
By Football Italia staff

Seydou Doumbia could end up staying at Roma, after talks with Fenerbahce broke down.

The Ivorian spent the first half of the season on loan with CSKA Moscow, but the Russian club don’t want to make the move permanent.

The Giallorossi don’t want the striker, and the feeling is mutual as Doumbia has said he “can’t imagine” going back.

However, Sky reports that a potential move to Turkish giants Fenerbahce has broken down, as they are unwilling to match the player’s wage demands.

Doumbia’s agent had opened talks with Marseille, and there was also interest from Swansea City and Sunderland, but it came to nothing.

Sky reports that Roma now face the possibility of being unable to sell the forward before the end of the transfer window, meaning he’ll be in Rome until the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)