Nicolas Anelka (9 Viewers)

I am John

The Anallist
May 1, 2012
Anelka isnt what you would call a proper striker at all (far from it), has been a natural second striker since his teens, I would say one of the factors of his career faltering is being misused/missunderstood as main striker (besides his character/attitude, inability to handle pressure), and hence be expected to produce amount of goals he isnt really built to deliver as a player (was ze case with PSG, Arsenal, Real and Pool), when his main skills is link up play and movement really, which he allways been fantastic at.

For this game, he was used in the hole in those last 15 mins, because he wouldnt be bullied off the ball as much as Gio, and latter is better of being wide and crossing or running into channels (as was ze case in that only chance he had).
This is spot on.

forzajuve_27

Apr 14, 2005
Cannot understand why he didn't get on the pitch yesterday, would have been the perfect game for him no?

He's got to be pretty pissed by that and it seems like Conte doesn't really rate him and he is just going to be our 5th striker.

It's strange considering I thought that over time it would be him and Vucinic as the first choice pairing, guess it might be an opportunity missed at Juve. Which is a shame as I thought he would give us a bit more edge and experience in the games against tough opposition or as is often the case against the smaller sides we struggle to score against.

Feb 27, 2013
Anelka is more like Vucinic than not...
If Anelka gets more time on the pitch he will get a fairly decent amount of assists and goals
If Vucinic can do it than so can Anelka ... very similar players in terms of class and experience in my opinion
A much better sub to have than Bendtner
But what i think of Vucinic and Anelka as our strikers? Attacking midfielders going for glory by playing as strikers that's what they are
Pogba could play as a striker... but i think he doesn't like the idea that he would be pressured into having to score goals...
I've seen Anelka play for Chelsea and i think he might just have a bit higher work rate than Vucinic... dunno if China made him soften up though so i guess we will see when he actually plays more for us

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)