Nicola Legrottaglie (5 Viewers)

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
I don't have a clue wha you said, except bolded part :D
I just meant people are praising him cause they are so surprised he is actually playing well and filling a need.

Legrottaglie would not have been bought from Chievo had he not shown some real promise. While he's no Nesta or Cannavaro, he's at least become a solid Serie A defender when needed.

As for Nocerino, he was called up because he's the future. He was very strong with the U21s and has been quite good with Piacenza and Juventus. Had Criscito played better with Juventus, he may have seen a callup as well.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
We all criticised him over the past few seasons when he was playing terribly.

But he is playing well at the moment, so i think he deserves the praise that he is recieving. Hopefully it will continue, the way he is talking in interviews he seems far more mature.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Legro’s divine inspiration
Friday 19 October, 2007

Channel4.com wrote:

Nicola Legrottaglie has been one of Juventus’ surprise success stories this term and believes he owes his success to a higher power. “I turned to God.”

The 31-year-old defender had been expected to leave Turin during the summer after failing to settle with the Bianconeri and playing a minor role in promotion from Serie B.

However, a proposed move to Turkish giants Fenerbahce never materialised and a serious injury to Portuguese stopper Jorge Andrade has handed him the chance to impress.

“My faith in God has helped me through difficult moments,” Legrottaglie explained to the Juventus Channel.

“I have matured a lot compared to when I arrived in Turin in 2004 and I am a very different player.

“I have taken on my problems calmly and improved on the pitch, so I feel mentally and physically good and I’m ready to give my all for Juventus to repay their faith in me.”

Legrottaglie concluded by looking ahead to the Old Lady’s crunch match against Inter on November 4 at the Stadio Olimpico and the prospect of facing star hitman Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

“Ibra is a class above and a player who can decide a game at any moment, he admitted. “But I will try and make life as difficult as I can for him.”

Apparently we have a new Kaka.

As for trying to make Ibrahimovic's life more difficult, I hope he won't end up making something stupid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)