Nicolò Zaniolo - AM - Roma (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Rumoured to chiesa again.

Zaniolo would not sit on the bench every game. He may take some time to be implemented but with no bernadeschi and an injury prone Costa as long as zaniolo is fit he will play more often than not.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Zaniolo would not sit on the bench every game. He may take some time to be implemented but with no bernadeschi and an injury prone Costa as long as zaniolo is fit he will play more often than not.
Zaniolo would be a starter. Occasional bench to get rest but after the first couple weeks to get integrated he would be a starter as long a he stays fit and healthy.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Zaniolo would be a starter. Occasional bench to get rest but after the first couple weeks to get integrated he would be a starter as long a he stays fit and healthy.
There is no certainty that he would be a starter

He's just an explosive talent who's far from established and is coming off a very serious injury

That doesn't sound like starter to me

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
There is no certainty that he would be a starter

He's just an explosive talent who's far from established and is coming off a very serious injury

That doesn't sound like starter to me
Have you seen our options beyond Ronaldo & Dybala in attack or our options in midfield beyond Bentancur? The kid will be a starter. We don't pay 60m with intentions to ride the bench.

he is 21 years old, more than old enough to lock down a starting spot.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Have you seen our options beyond Ronaldo & Dybala in attack or our options in midfield beyond Bentancur? The kid will be a starter. We don't pay 60m with intentions to ride the bench.

he is 21 years old, more than old enough to lock down a starting spot.
And who says we're going to pay €60M?

We still have Dybala, Ronaldo, Kulusevski, the new backup CF and his place in the starting lineup is largely going to depend on the formation we're going to play.

Besides he's coming from a long layoff and his body of work is worse than Kulusevski this season who I assume he's going to compete with. Heck there's more certainty of Chiesa locking down a starting spot than Zaniolo since he's fairly more experienced.

This is just classic overrating of an Italian youth all because the club currently is facing a shortage of quality Italian players.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
And who says we're going to pay €60M?

We still have Dybala, Ronaldo, Kulusevski, the new backup CF and his place in the starting lineup is largely going to depend on the formation we're going to play.

Besides he's coming from a long layoff and his body of work is worse than Kulusevski this season who I assume he's going to compete with. Heck there's more certainty of Chiesa locking down a starting spot than Zaniolo since he's fairly more experienced.

This is just classic overrating of an Italian youth all because the club currently is facing a shortage of quality Italian players.
We spent 40m for Kulu and the reported price range of Zaniolo is much higher. Again, we aren't going to spend that kind of money for a bench player. Pogba had literally zero experience with any kind of consistency before coming here and he locked down that starting spot rather quickly. Sublime talents can achieve great things and Zaniolo still has the rest of the season AND whatever break there is PLUS a few games to get integrated to get full match fitness left.

Bar any reoccurring injuries to his knee, a 21 year old won't have a problem getting 90 mins in his legs back.

To your point on Kulu & Chiesa: Again, have you seen our attack options beyond Dybala & Ronaldo? It wouldn't take either of them long to start against Bernie/Costa and if we look to sell Costa and use Bernie as a deal maker then you can rest assured the odds are in favor for Kulu & Zaniolo starting because it doesn't look like we are going to add more CM/AM/FWs other than those two so far.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I don't doubt that he will eventually be a starter. He is clearly very talented.

But all I'm saying is there's no certainty he'd walk into our lineup straight away. He will ofcourse get substantial minutes but probably not to the point where he's a certainty in the starting eleven. I think we need to go a bit easy on young players tbh, especially Italian players. We've seen this time and time again when an Italian player shows some promise early in his career and then his career fizzles away just like that. Forgive me if I'm not trustful of Italian talents these days.

On the point of money, De Ligt would have also seen the bench if not for Chiellini's injury. So it's irrelevant how much Zaniolo would end up costing because that wouldn't be a key factor in him being sure shot starter or not.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018

I know everyone likes to shit on cheisa on here but i would take both of them as there miles better than are current options and actually have uses, zaniolo is a no brainer buy please.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I know everyone likes to shit on cheisa on here but i would take both of them as there miles better than are current options and actually have uses, zaniolo is a no brainer buy please.
I'd love Chiesa here as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't doubt that he will eventually be a starter. He is clearly very talented.

But all I'm saying is there's no certainty he'd walk into our lineup straight away. He will ofcourse get substantial minutes but probably not to the point where he's a certainty in the starting eleven. I think we need to go a bit easy on young players tbh, especially Italian players. We've seen this time and time again when an Italian player shows some promise early in his career and then his career fizzles away just like that. Forgive me if I'm not trustful of Italian talents these days.

On the point of money, De Ligt would have also seen the bench if not for Chiellini's injury. So it's irrelevant how much Zaniolo would end up costing because that wouldn't be a key factor in him being sure shot starter or not.
I think MDL would have benched Bonucci. I think the idea was to pair MDL & Chiellini up but the knee injury changed that plan IMO.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
I'd love Chiesa here as well.
Ronaldo, Dybala, Kulusevski, Zaniolo

All super exciting options on the wings, but none of them provide much width. Chiesa would be the best fit in this sense, actually providing width, used to play with his strong foot on the outside, and providing more speed and work rate as a winger.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Ronaldo, Dybala, Kulusevski, Zaniolo

All super exciting options on the wings, but none of them provide much width. Chiesa would be by far the best fit in this sense, actually providing width, used to play with his strong foot on the outside, and providing more speed and work rate as a winger.
Can any of them cross, though?

- - - Updated - - -

No point in providing width and having players that do if they can't cross.

Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)