Nicolò Zaniolo - AM - Roma (34 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2020
Yeah I edited my post re Dybala

I checked out the heatmap for Zaniolo's best games according to whoscored and they all appear to be when he plays RW/RM, though he does seem to come centrally a bit :boh:

I'm not sure I see either of them having the attributes needed to play as a CM* and/or their best attributes would be wasted there. Though I've seen less of Zaniolo and am judging him from highlights, comp videos and stats :grin:
* especially a Sarri-specific type of CM

I just don't see both of them lining up with Ronaldo and Dybala. Maybe with another coach that would use a 4-2-3-1, but still, the left wing would be exposed defensively.
I think is mostly because they’re both tall an strong, not your typical kind of winger like Kluivert, Costa, etc.

As I said I think Kulusevski has the best chance to succeed as a CM, mostly due to his workrate. I’ve been seeing a lot of his games, have to say he doesn’t do miracles defensively, but he’s tracking back a lot while playing as a AM or RW, so he’s doing defensive work, organizing the attack and meanwhile trying to give assists so it won’t be realistic to ask for more then he’s doing already.

I saw quite some matches of Zaniolo, but never tried to judge him defensively. So honestly I don’t know if he’s up to the job as CM.

Kulusevski might be that missing piece of our midfield; the guy who joins the attack, who makes the final pass and who scores goals.

Last edited:

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
Zaniolo and Kulu have nothing in common with Dybala, They both can play RW or in Midfield I saw Kulu play a number of times with Parma and can tell
you he helps in Defense. Zaniolo is more lazy and would be better at RW. After seeing him against Verona, I do not know if I would be that interested in him.
I totally agreed with Mancini and Veretout who were complaining to him on the field about his attitude. I also remember a story in the national team.
Him a his good friend Kean got suspended. Honestly I would prefer by far Aouar in our midfield ,he is great and a box to box left midfielder and that is what we urgently need. He is a top class player

- - - Updated - - -

Dybala
Ronaldo - Kulusevski - Zaniolo
Rabiot - Bentancur​
For me this would not work. Dybala help in midfield. He is all over the pitch. Kulu helps in defense but Ronaldo and Zaniolo I do not see them helping much.
then it would be much better to play Zaniolo RW and Kulu RM but what about Arthur then??? I drop Zaniolo or Kulu and buy AOUAR, that is a player we really need.
Ronaldo - Dybala - Zaniolo or Kulusevski
Aouar - Arthur - Bentancur

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)