Nicolò Zaniolo - AM - Roma (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Bala

Jul 19, 2020
Zaniolo is probably the most talented italian of his age.What worries me is how will he fit when we already have Kulusevski and Dybala occupying pretty much the same spaces.And ofc his injuries are a risk.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What's that supposed to mean?
Lol u act like mark hasn’t done this before :grin:

- - - Updated - - -

Report: Zaniolo asks for guarantees
By Football Italia staff

Nicolò Zaniolo’s agent Claudio Vigorelli has reportedly asked for a meeting with Roma CEO Guido Fienga, in search of clarity after Paulo Fonseca’s comments.
The attacking midfielder is one of the most valuable players at the Olimpico and was criticised by the Portuguese coach after a 2-1 win against Hellas Verona.
The coach has since claimed there’s ‘no problem’ between the two, but Il Corriere dello Sport claims that the player’s agent has asked for a meeting with the hierarchy.
The Roman newspaper has claimed a meeting next week has been set up for the Italy international to understand if there’s a project for him with the Giallorossi.
The report claims the representatives of the youngster, who has attracted interest from abroad this season, will ask the club to protect him better in the future.
Juventus have been linked with Zaniolo too, but don’t seem to be ready to meet Roma’s requests.
The imminent meeting between the agent and Fienga will give them a possibility to address the incident after the match against Verona and the young talent is expected to ask for guarantees from the club going forward.
Zaniolo, who underwent surgery in January for a torn ACL, has worked his way back to the pitch and is expected to fight for a place in the Italy squad ahead of Euro 2020 next summer.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Zaniolo is probably the most talented italian of his age.What worries me is how will he fit when we already have Kulusevski and Dybala occupying pretty much the same spaces.And ofc his injuries are a risk.
People seem to be ignoring that.

(Although Dybala is playing more centrally and less left these days; may that continue)

Jun 16, 2020
People seem to be ignoring that
Well Dybala seems to play very comfortably as CF, both players don’t play in that position.

Zaniolo started as trequartista, lost his position to Pellegrini, who simply did better there. Zaniolo did great as RW tho. He has the characteristics to play as a trequartista, CM or RW.

Kulusevski’s favorite position is trequartista, but currently is doing great at RW, but has been used in the primavera as AM, RW and CM.

Both are great talents, and it’s understandable that we want them at Juve. In the perfect world we buy Zaniolo and one of them will play as a CM. Personally I think it will be Kulu.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Well Dybala seems to play very comfortably as CF, both players don’t play in that position.

Zaniolo started as trequartista, lost his position to Pellegrini, who simply did better there. Zaniolo did great as RW tho. He has the characteristics to play as a trequartista, CM or RW.

Kulusevski’s favorite position is trequartista, but currently is doing great at RW, but has been used in the primavera as AM, RW and CM.

Both are great talents, and it’s understandable that we want them at Juve. In the perfect world we buy Zaniolo and one of them will play as a CM. Personally I think it will be Kulu.
Yeah I edited my post re Dybala

I checked out the heatmap for Zaniolo's best games according to whoscored and they all appear to be when he plays RW/RM, though he does seem to come centrally a bit :boh:

I'm not sure I see either of them having the attributes needed to play as a CM* and/or their best attributes would be wasted there. Though I've seen less of Zaniolo and am judging him from highlights, comp videos and stats :grin:
* especially a Sarri-specific type of CM

I just don't see both of them lining up with Ronaldo and Dybala. Maybe with another coach that would use a 4-2-3-1, but still, the left wing would be exposed defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)