Nicolò Rovella (5 Viewers)

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Spinazolla is quality, but the best ability is availability. We all know how good Pogba can be when he's fit, but he's been an injury nightmare for a few seasons now. Losing Spinazolla was a minor loss because given our medical team, he probably wouldn't have even made it onto the pitch.

Giovinco definitely had the talent, but I felt he overestimated himself a bit and was at times a bit of a mental midget (no pun intended). Of course, his height and slight disposition were always going to count against him at the top level.

Sorenson, Ogbonna and especially Buoy were nothing special, even if I did quite like Sorenson.

Criscito had the potential to be great, but I think he was too eager to be something and didn't bide his time. He could have been a solid performer for us, and he did go on to have a decent career.
Good post, thanks for writing it out. I was trying to recall others we let go and who later seemed like a mistake. Balzaretti at one point looked like he'd be the solution to our LB problem but in the end wasn't all that great really.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Criscito had the potential to be great, but I think he was too eager to be something and didn't bide his time. He could have been a solid performer for us, and he did go on to have a decent career.
He was another case of a youngster hyped to the moon and back.
When I joined this forum, Criscito was hyped as the next big thing. The new Nesta or Cannavaro. Even though he hadn't played a single minute in serie A, folks expected miracles from him. Then after a month with us in serie A, in September 2007, he got his ass handed to him by Totti, who literally destroyed him for 45 minutes. Criscito was subbed out at half time and shipped out to Genoa at half season. Nobody here gave a damn anymore, nor wanted him back.

Jun 16, 2020
He was another case of a youngster hyped to the moon and back.
When I joined this forum, Criscito was hyped as the next big thing. The new Nesta or Cannavaro. Even though he hadn't played a single minute in serie A, folks expected miracles from him. Then after a month with us in serie A, in September 2007, he got his ass handed to him by Totti, who literally destroyed him for 45 minutes. Criscito was subbed out at half time and shipped out to Genoa at half season. Nobody here gave a damn anymore, nor wanted him back.
He’s one of many fallen angels

Jul 2, 2006
criscito case is a tragic one. caused by the one and only proto-allegri himself, ranieri aka ruineri. he put chiellini to left back and deployed criscito as centre back. totti was scoring tons of goals those years, criscito was neither first nor the last one owned by him. it was not a big deal, he turned out to be a pretty decent left back which we lacked for many years. a big blunder by the club.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
2 year loan; aka no money now to reinvest :sergio:
off the books and no wages to pay

still a borderline unacceptable deal. either he's broken physically (remains to be seen, nobody knows, especially not some tuz clairvoyants) or we're simply way too desperate to get rid of anyone who has any market

if he remains healthy though... we gifted sarri and that cunt lotito

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
off the books and no wages to pay

still a borderline unacceptable deal. either he's broken physically (remains to be seen, nobody knows, especially not some tuz clairvoyants) or we're simply way too desperate to get rid of anyone who has any market

if he remains healthy though... we gifted sarri and that cunt lotito
To be fair... we dont know for sure who pays his wages in the loan period

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)