Nicolò Rovella (19 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I would consider Immobile a mistake since he scored 36 goals in a single season and was a constant threat for Lazio for years. One could make the argument we wouldn't have needed to buy Higs, although I'm not saying they're the same quality. We could have used the money elsewhere.

Romero and Coman were definitely mistakes.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I would consider Immobile a mistake since he scored 36 goals in a single season and was a constant threat for Lazio for years. One could make the argument we wouldn't have needed to buy Higs, although I'm not saying they're the same quality. We could have used the money elsewhere.

Romero and Coman were definitely mistakes.
Like I said, I don't know about Immobile. Of course, selling for 13.500.000 someone who can in a year or two make it to serie A's all time top 5 goalscorers, or even top 3, can be called a huge mistake in hindsight.
However, back when we sold him he wasn't worth more than that, and it's a huge question mark if he would have became the player he was if he remained with us. It's also a big question if he was gonna bring us to the next level the way Tevez and Morata did.
Perhaps one could say that we might have kept him instead of getting Llorente for free in 2013. But even if we did, I don't think that he was going to become a top player for us, or that we would have sold him for more than 30 millions. Higs was bought in 2016/17, and I doubt that having Immobile here would have prevented that transfer.

- - - Updated - - -

so what we discovered:
- players' market prices usually get higher until their prime
- inflation exists
- clubs make transfers that can be called as mistakes in hindsight
- tici is an idiot

more news at 11
No need for smartassing here.
Even though inflation is there and players become more expensive in their prime, about 3/4 of our sales of u23 players are positive, perhaps even 4/5s or 5/6s. None of these youngsters became more expensive in their prime. We are usually selling youngsters well, and still that is not the general opinion of this forum. Quite the contrary.
I mentioned only the "mistakes", in order to see how few they were, and how a lot of them aren't even mistakes when one takes inflation and age into consideration.
In my opinion, even though we were dealing with more than 70-80 youngsters sold for 2m or more, only in the case of Romero and Coman one can say that we made a clear mistake. Two out of 70/80 is an excellent achievement.

Last edited:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Like I said, I don't know about Immobile. Of course, selling for 13.500.000 someone who can in a year or two make it to serie A's all time top 5 goalscorers, or even top 3, can be called a huge mistake in hindsight.
However, back when we sold him he wasn't worth more than that, and it's a huge question mark if he would have became the player he was if he remained with us. It's also a big question if he was gonna bring us to the next level the way Tevez and Morata did.
Perhaps one could say that we might have kept him instead of getting Llorente for free in 2013. But even if we did, I don't think that he was going to become a top player for us, or that we would have sold him for more than 30 millions. Higs was bought in 2016/17, and I doubt that having Immobile here would have prevented that transfer.

- - - Updated - - -

No need for smartassing here.
Even though inflation is there and players become more expensive in their prime, about 3/4 of our sales of u23 players are positive, perhaps even 4/5s or 5/6s. None of these youngsters became more expensive in their prime. We are usually selling youngsters well, and still that is not the general opinion of this forum. Quite the contrary.
I mentioned only the "mistakes", in order to see how few they were, and how a lot of them aren't even mistakes when one takes inflation and age into consideration.
In my opinion, even though we were dealing with more than 70-80 youngsters sold for 2m or more, only in the case of Romero and Coman one can say that we made a clear mistake. Two out of 70/80 is an excellent achievement.
I think my point would be is that while we have made some profits in selling youngsters, we are still way too hasty in some of our decision making with their sales. Just because we are making a profit doesn't mean we're handling them in the proper way, whether it be with them as professional athletes or maximizing their values. Plus some of the loans don't make sense to me either.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What a weird saga this guy has had with Juve. Looked ready for the club for the first half of last season, then got injured and kinda faded away. Bizarrely low price, and if the purchase isn’t an unconditional obligation, it’s insane that we would give them a free two year loan, with a low purchase price at the end, and the possibility he could be sent back if he struggles to play/stay fit.

It’s like a Paratici move, without that dumbass actually being involved. :lol2:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
What a weird saga this guy has had with Juve. Looked ready for the club for the first half of last season, then got injured and kinda faded away. Bizarrely low price, and if the purchase isn’t an unconditional obligation, it’s insane that we would give them a free two year loan, with a low purchase price at the end, and the possibility he could be sent back if he struggles to play/stay fit.

It’s like a Paratici move, without that dumbass actually being involved. :lol2:
The agreement entails the obligation for Lazio to definitely acquire the player’s registrations rights, subject to the achievement of certain given sporting objectives, during seasons 2023/2024 and 2024/2025.

I hate it that they almost never mention what these "certain given sporting objectives" are. I guess, or more like hope, that they are easily achievable. Something like "to play at least 10 matches in 2023/24 and in 2024/25".

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The agreement entails the obligation for Lazio to definitely acquire the player’s registrations rights, subject to the achievement of certain given sporting objectives, during seasons 2023/2024 and 2024/2025.

I hate it that they almost never mention what these "certain given sporting objectives" are. I guess, or more like hope, that they are easily achievable. Something like "to play at least 10 matches in 2023/24 and in 2024/25".
Yeah. It’s annoying to be left wondering if we’re going to be stuck with him coming back after two years on loan for free. You’d think the favourable terms of the deal for Lazio would mean that it’s an obligation no matter what, but apparently Juventus still operating as a charity.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yeah. It’s annoying to be left wondering if we’re going to be stuck with him coming back after two years on loan for free. You’d think the favourable terms of the deal for Lazio would mean that it’s an obligation no matter what, but apparently Juventus still operating as a charity.
I think that his contract expires in 2025, so if he's completely broken and Lazio decides against a purchase, he's gonna become a free agent.
I admit that the deal doesn't look perfect. The most we can get here is Rovella to develop into nothing more but a 15-17m euro player, and we sell him for as much. We won't win I think, and we could end up losing.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Agresti kept on saying that we declined all inquiries about Rovella at the beginning of the mercato, including the one from Lazio.

I believe him getting injuried yet again could have changed club's mind about him.
Allegri normally asses the player before deciding if he should go off, its more likely a combination of what Allegri saw, the injury and also the emergence of Hans during the summer training session.

- - - Updated - - -

I started writing this post and researching while I was under the impression that we didn't make mistakes or even lost money when we were dealing with youngsters. It's a fact that most of the time we sold u-23 players for more money than their new club got for them later. However, we did sell some youngsters for less than they were worth later. These are all the transfers of u23 players from the last 15 years, which were sold by Juve for less than what they are worth now, or for what their new club sold them later.
Perhaps one day De Ligt can be added on this list, while so far it's like this.

2008 - Domenico Criscito to Genoa for 11.500.000 --- In 2011 Genoa sold him to Zenit for 15.000.000
2013 - Ciro Immobile to Torino for 13.500.000 - in 2014 Torino sold him to Dortmund for 18.500.000
2013 - Manolo Gabbiadini to Sampdoria for 11.500.000 - in 2014 Sampdoria sold him to Napoli for 12.500.000
2013 - Simone Zaza to Sassuolo for 10.000.000 - in 2015 Sassuolo sold him back to Juventus for 18.000.000
2013 - Luca Marrone to Sassuolo for 4.500.000 - in 2014 Sassuolo sold him back to Juventus for 5.000.000
2015 - Domenico Berardi to Sassuolo for 10.000.000 - still in Sassuolo, but could be sold for much more than 10.000.000
2016 - Gabriel Pires to Leganes for 2.500.000 - in 2018 Leganes sold him to Benfica for 9.600.000
2017 - Kingsley Coman to Bayern Munich for 28.000.000 - worth much more nowdays
2017 - Pol Lirola to Sassuolo for 7.000.000 - in 2020 he was sold to Fiorentina for 11.000.000
2019 - Moise Kean to Everton for 27.500.000 - in 2021 we paid 7.000.000 for the loan, in 2023 we paid 30.000.000 for full transfer
2020 - Cristian Romero to Atalanta for 19.320.000 - in 2022 he was sold to Tottenham for 50.000.000

Romero and Coman are the main mistakes, I believe. Immobile... I don't know. Berardi, maybe. Criscito, Gabbiadini, Marrone, Lirola, I don't consider them mistakes at all.

It's yet to be seen about Rovella since every case is different, but the past doesn't really prove that we tend to make terrible mistakes when we sell youngsters. In at least 3/4 of the cases we were selling well.

In my opinion the only mistake was Romero, the rest if you noticed we sold them to a lesser club and at that time they came from our team without much performance to warrant a higher fee. they go to smaller club they show some proper game develop and they get sell higher . This is normal. Its just Juventus, even other big clubs in Europe have about the same thing that we have here. So nothing to cry about. We also got some kind of deals with Sasuolo , so those deals with them are normally like favours for one another . We had good relationship with them during Marotta time. Not sure about now.

Coman we got for free , and he didnt fit into Allegri's game and he sold him off . Sort of the Henry saga, but we werent missing him too much . For a freebie , we did well.

But Romero , was clearly talented when he was with us its just that he had alot of competition at that time but we knew Chiellini and Bonucci was already aging, I wish we could have had something like a buy back clause. And the last couple of season we could have use someone like him .

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Rovella: "Being here is a dream, when I learned of the possibility of coming here to play for Lazio, I pushed and strongly wanted the transfer."
------

Dream to play for Lazio? I know all these players lie, but we might be dealing with brain damage here.
kulu was a bona fide premtard, this dude might be a laziale, some things are just not meant to be

good riddance if true

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Rovella: "Being here is a dream, when I learned of the possibility of coming here to play for Lazio, I pushed and strongly wanted the transfer."
------

Dream to play for Lazio? I know all these players lie, but we might be dealing with brain damage here.
I like when a player is aware of his limitations. Playing for Juventus puts a lot of pressure that most players cant deal with. So clubs like Lazio or Roma are better fit for those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)