Nicolò Rovella (12 Viewers)

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I don't think his position is a priority right now. He did fine. To be honest, he's literally the least of our worries when we get pressed. Our keeper can't kick, Bremer cannot play the left side, our LB is shambles. You could put Pirlo there and still teams would want to press us.

He's a little light defensively but it's not like Paredes is Casemiro.

I admire him always looking for the ball and not hiding. It seems he desperately wanted to take his chance.
If Zakaria is seen is a RCM, and unfit to play as a DM due to passing and vision limitations, I would say DM should be a priority - even if under LB, LW, CB positions.

We desperately need Locatelli playing more advanced for some glimpse of creativity and offense in the midfield, and Rabiot is too letargic to be a DM.

In any case, I think loaning Rovella out would be a horrible mistake. He would be at the very least a good backup DM to be developed slowly.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
A DM's job (an actual DM) is to sit deep, break up attacks, and maintain possession. It's really not that complicated of a role but you need to have great positioning sense. Does Rovella have that? Maybe not, but it's not horrible and he can grow.

Playing with a regista makes things more complicated because if he moves forward then you need someone to fill in. So unless that regista is amazing, which there aren't that many, it doesn't make sense to continue trying this scheme.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I don't think his position is a priority right now. He did fine. To be honest, he's literally the least of our worries when we get pressed. Our keeper can't kick, Bremer cannot play the left side, our LB is shambles. You could put Pirlo there and still teams would want to press us.

He's a little light defensively but it's not like Paredes is Casemiro.

I admire him always looking for the ball and not hiding. It seems he desperately wanted to take his chance.
He always asks for the ball and makes himself available. He's calm on the ball and can get himself out of pressure quite easily.

It's baffling for me to move him out for another overpaid mercenary, while having so many holes in the squad still: Bonucci can't be a starter, period. Same goes for AS as LB. We don't have a single LWF in the squad, bar injured Chiesa.

At least 3 positions need to be reinforced. Sure, it's almost impossible to sell Rugani/Bonucci. Same goes for AS. It doesn't change the fact those are black holes on the pitch and that needs to be addressed somehow.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Poking the beehive, how much did we pay for Rovella
Official figures:

Rovella = €18m, potentially rising to €38m. Contract until 2024.

Portanova = €10m, potentially rising to €15m. €9.6m positive economic effect.

Petrelli = €8m, potentially rising to €13.3m. €7.6m positive economic effect.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Portanova :howler:
We really made a killing selling that useless dud.
Rovella potentially 38?! :boh: :rofl: Was that some serious fudging of books by the departed shitcunt Tootsie?
So for the first part it is a straigh swap 2 vs 1 (18m vs 18m)
Then the option come to play (20m vs 10m). so the worst scenario it will be a 20m transfer with the minimal one is 9.7m fee
And as long as we keep loaning him out, maybe we can avoid that option to come alive

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Seems like the injury to Pogba and a decent performance vs Barca has made Allegri consider keeping Rovella:

it feels like Allegri doesn’t even watch them younger guys play for other clubs because tbh he didn’t need to see either one of these things happen to come to that conclusion. Maybe he’s just blind though? I mean he still thinks Sandro is starting material.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Turin, 29 January 2021 - Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that the following agreements have been finalized with Genoa Cricket and Football Club:
  • definitive acquisition of the registration rights of the player Nicolò Rovella for a consideration of € 18 million payable in three financial years; this consideration might be increased up to a maximum of € 20 million upon achievement of further performance objectives over the duration of the employment contract with the player. The contract also envisages the temporary disposal to Genoa of the registration rights of the player until 30 June 2022. Juventus and the player have signed a 4-year contract of employment until 30 June 2024
20 in bonuses just can't be right

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Turin, 29 January 2021 - Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that the following agreements have been finalized with Genoa Cricket and Football Club:
  • definitive acquisition of the registration rights of the player Nicolò Rovella for a consideration of € 18 million payable in three financial years; this consideration might be increased up to a maximum of € 20 million upon achievement of further performance objectives over the duration of the employment contract with the player. The contract also envisages the temporary disposal to Genoa of the registration rights of the player until 30 June 2022. Juventus and the player have signed a 4-year contract of employment until 30 June 2024
20 in bonuses just can't be right
Take a look at Portanova’s bonus and maybe you will finally believe that it’s 18+20.
492E7FCA-08A0-41B7-B807-97483CDDA45A.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)