Nicolò Rovella (6 Viewers)

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
keeping 2 out of 4 young (lets see what will happen with Ranochia development too) midfielders is not bad at all. We can have 3 19-21y players our of 6-7 midfielders tho
Exactly, and come 2023, our midfield will be as seen below, ages based on 2023 start.

Pogba (30), Locatelli (25), McKennie (24), Zakaria (26), Fagioli (22), Rovella (21), and Miretti (19).

Only Pogba is over 26! Ramsey will be gone, Rabiot will be gone.

Arthur (26) is signed until 2025 but as more time goes by the less of a financial impact he has on our balance and the cheaper we'd be willing to let him leave for.

Buy on AliExpress.com

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Salernitana... Unbelievable!!!
Does he not have confidence in himself? If he's unsuccessful at the big club he can always try to restart at a smaller club, like Sturaro. The alternative would be Mandragora or the other players people don't even remember

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Salernitana... Unbelievable!!!
Does he not have confidence in himself? If he's unsuccessful at the big club he can always try to restart at a smaller club, like Sturaro. The alternative would be Mandragora or the other players people don't even remember
He played for a relegation side last year and didn't even play a lot of the second half of the season.

He's still young and promising but some more Serie A experience will do him well and as we all know our midfield is crowded. He cannot and will not get 3500 minutes this season if he stays here. Minutes = development usually. It's why Miretti will stay and get time in our U23 and be a backup to our backups in an emergency situation.

But players like Rovella/Fagioli/Ranocchia need regular minutes more than what we can offer. Fagioli I think has proven himself to the degree he'll stay here and be one of the first options off the bench or even a starter at times and get plenty of minutes. But we have too much congestion in our midfield currently to offer that opportunity to multiple youth midfielders.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
He played for a relegation side last year and didn't even play a lot of the second half of the season.

He's still young and promising but some more Serie A experience will do him well and as we all know our midfield is crowded. He cannot and will not get 3500 minutes this season if he stays here. Minutes = development usually. It's why Miretti will stay and get time in our U23 and be a backup to our backups in an emergency situation.

But players like Rovella/Fagioli/Ranocchia need regular minutes more than what we can offer. Fagioli I think has proven himself to the degree he'll stay here and be one of the first options off the bench or even a starter at times and get plenty of minutes. But we have too much congestion in our midfield currently to offer that opportunity to multiple youth midfielders.
is Miretti even eligible to play for the u23 anymore? Isn’t there some appearance limit with the first team?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Is this the same coach who did not give him any minutes?

No, this coach coached him 2019-2020, gave Rovella his debute and 2 total games at 17 and was fired. 2020-2021 Ballardini coached him and played him alot.

Ballardini stayed til early months of 2021-2022, then Rovella was injured and when he got back or recovering Genoa hired Shevchenko, fired him then hired the current Blessin (and our former youth player Abdolaye Konko as co manager). Its latter two who didn't use him much after he got back from injury.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
fucking bullshit but I guess we have to make room for Parepiss @Bianconero81
Fucking disgraceful. I'd understand sending him out on loan if we were bringing in an SMS or Tielemans, but I guess Allegrisaurus has to have his fucking experienced regista in the form of an inconsistent injury-prone shitcunt.

- - - Updated - - -

fucking bullshit but I guess we have to make room for Parepiss @Bianconero81
Fucking disgraceful. I'd understand sending him out on loan if we were bringing in an SMS or Tielemans, but I guess Allegrisaurus has to have his fucking experienced regista in the form of an inconsistent injury-prone shitcunt.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Outside of this past season Paredes has never really missed much time, the only significant injuries hes had came six and nine years ago respectively, so he cant really be labeled as "injury prone."

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Outside of this past season Paredes has never really missed much time, the only significant injuries hes had came six and nine years ago respectively, so he cant really be labeled as "injury prone."
The problem is whether he'll have injuries going forward. He missed 20 games last season the majority with different thigh issues. I'm not sure if he came back too early and could have been avoided with more rest or whether there is now an underlying issue/weakness there.

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
not bad game although he missed some easy pass and was easily beaten once in 2nd half.

The main reason I'd like to keep him is that he's a natural regista which allow Loca to play further up. Loca playing deep is a complete waste of his creativity and threat in the final third.

I was looking forward to seeing Pogba-Rovella-Loca as trio-mid in pre-season matches but unluckily Pogba is injured.

Anyway, Keep Rovella >>> Bring in Paredes

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I really can't believe they'll send him to Sarlenitana. Fucking unbelievable if it happens. Perfect player to develop slowly, starting as the backup DM. I do agree we probably need a starting DM, since Zakaria is doubtful and Loca will be really needed as the starting LCM.

Actually still hope that maybe Zakaria can develop as the starting DM, apparently he played his whole career there. But who knows.

Anyway, KEEP him, for fuck sake. Do the obvious thing.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I don't think his position is a priority right now. He did fine. To be honest, he's literally the least of our worries when we get pressed. Our keeper can't kick, Bremer cannot play the left side, our LB is shambles. You could put Pirlo there and still teams would want to press us.

He's a little light defensively but it's not like Paredes is Casemiro.

I admire him always looking for the ball and not hiding. It seems he desperately wanted to take his chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)