Nicolò Rovella (40 Viewers)

Tomate

Jul 19, 2014
Yeah loaning him out to Monza is moronic. Unstable club, too many midfielders, plus Ranocchia is already there and we don't need those two taking playing time away from each other.

But italians and talent management is a mess so i'm not surprised that they have no clue what they are doing.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Also with loaning - club X might have had Coach A when the loan happened but moved onto coach B b/c of poor results at Club X. There are too many variables our club can't control when we lose physical control of our youth players to other clubs.

We should have shifted youth policies a long time ago.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Genuinely don’t see the point in loaning this guy out at all. He’s a better footballer than Arthur and McKennie. Not like his wage is a major problem, put him above those two clowns in the line up and be done with it

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If it was me, I would sell McKennie to the Prem, offload Arthur in whatever way possible, sell Rabiot, and keep and play both Miretti and Rovella. I wouldn’t want them potentially being ruined by another club. I also wouldn’t sign Paredes and use what we have as a rebuild phase. But in my perfect world I wouldn’t need a regista, so that differs too much from the coach.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
From what I've seen so far, we have absolutely no application for McKennie in our squad. He is just a human on the bench that the coach puts into the match at random positions. He should be sold or loaned and Rovella can stay. At least you know he backs up a certain position.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
From what I've seen so far, we have absolutely no application for McKennie in our squad. He is just a human on the bench that the coach puts into the match at random positions. He should be sold or loaned and Rovella can stay. At least you know he backs up a certain position.
Agreed. He’s a useless player, absolute headless chicken but we could quite easily move him on to a mid tier premier league team. He might even do well in that league but he’s not good at anything, doesn’t win back possession, can’t distribute the ball, doesn’t make great runs off the ball, isn’t good at applying pressure, can’t shoot from distance, is fairly mediocre in the air and isn’t a good finisher.

Since we made his loan move permenant he’s been a disaster for us. I really hope we move him and Arthur on in what is left of this window.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Fuck you Max for pushing away a promising midfield player. If we dont win the Scudetto this season, whats the point in replacing Rovella with Paredes?

We're just creating another Rabiot situation down the road, creating an endless loop of unmovable, expensive, shit midfielders instead of making the healthy choice and developing our capable youngsters..

Last edited:

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Fuck you Max for pushing away a promising midfield player. If we dont win the Scudetto this season, whats the point in replacing Rovella with Paredes?

We're just creating another Rabiot situation down the road, creating an endless loop of unmovable, expensive, shit midfielders instead of making the healthy choice and developing our capable youngsters..
We're not replacing him with Paredes, he will be a starter here. Rovella doesn't have space because of McKennie/Rabiot/Zakaria, not because Paredes is coming

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
But then who will be our backup RW?

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
We're not replacing him with Paredes, he will be a starter here. Rovella doesn't have space because of McKennie/Rabiot/Zakaria, not because Paredes is coming
Are you drunk? None of these players competes with Rovella for the regista role. NONE.

We're getting Paredes because Allegri doesn't trust Rovella enough, simple as that. Nothing wrong with people being pissed of with this one unless you believe Paredes is second Pirlo in prime while Rovella is a total bum.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Rovella can't be a starter?
Compared to Loca and Paredes? No

Are you drunk? None of these players competes with Rovella for the regista role. NONE.

We're getting Paredes because Allegri doesn't trust Rovella enough, simple as that. Nothing wrong with people being pissed of with this one unless you believe Paredes is second Pirlo in prime while Rovella is a total bum.
Where did I say he was competing with them for position? He's competing for places in the squad

When Paredes comes you have 2 players to play in front of the defense - him and Loca. To push Locatelli permanently to #8 you have to sell one of the above and then you have permanent place for Rovella as backup, and if they're staying they have to play and Loca can cover #6 too and these guys will play higher up

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Gonna love revisiting this thread and reminding peasants who are overjoyed and celebrating the Parepiss signing when Rovella excels elsewhere, and we're stuck with another overpaid unmotivated turd we're unable to shift.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Getting Paredes also probably means Miretti rides the bench. I can’t see Allegri using him next to Loca and Parepiss. It will probably be Rabiot or Pogba. Maybe Zak for the right.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Yet Rabiot somehow seems to impress Allegri? Are we saying Rovella is worse than Rabiot b/c that logic would suggest that.
How did you come out with that logic? i clearly mentioned we had to loan him out cause we fail to offload Rabiot/Zak. But he will not be a first choice thats why Allegri wants Paredes. Theres no point asking him to stay if Allegri is not going to give game time thats the worst. We need him to get minutes and like Bene mentioned we need to move players.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Gonna love revisiting this thread and reminding peasants who are overjoyed and celebrating the Parepiss signing when Rovella excels elsewhere, and we're stuck with another overpaid unmotivated turd we're unable to shift.
Is anyone pro loaning Rovella?

I think everyone's ideal situation includes Rovella staying. The problem is Arthur, Zakaria and McKennie are unsellable and Rabiot has a market but will leave for free next year.

Paredes and Rovella together would be great for their role roattion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)