Nicolò Rovella (30 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I think they decided to loan Rovella because he really only plays one position, and if Paredes arrived, his minutes would be impacted the most. Miretti (and maybe Fagioli) plays multiple spots (including Rovella's) so he can still find space.

This of course is dependent on Paredes actually arriving though. Don't think they'd ok Rovella's exit without having Paredes locked up. But its been pretty quiet today..probably too quiet.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I think they decided to loan Rovella because he really only plays one position, and if Paredes arrived, his minutes would be impacted the most. Miretti (and maybe Fagioli) plays multiple spots (including Rovella's) so he can still find space.

This of course is dependent on Paredes actually arriving though. Don't think they'd ok Rovella's exit without having Paredes locked up. But its been pretty quiet today..probably too quiet.
Plus the two are HG, they can take spots #22, #23, #24 and #25 in the squad while Rovella can't. Still I feel like if Rovella leaves and we keep all the trash (some are unsellable, some are difficult to sell, I concede), it isn't a good look. Atleast McKennie should have suitors and Rovella should always be preferred to McKennie

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Plus the two are HG, they can take spots #22, #23, #24 and #25 in the squad while Rovella can't. Still I feel like if Rovella leaves and we keep all the trash (some are unsellable, some are difficult to sell, I concede), it isn't a good look. Atleast McKennie should have suitors and Rovella should always be preferred to McKennie
From what ive read every club in Serie A must have at least 4 homegrown players on their 25 man roster, is that true? Who are our 4?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
From what ive read every club in Serie A must have at least 4 homegrown players on their 25 man roster, is that true? Who are our 4?
Well to qualify as HG you have to be owned by a club for atleast 3 seasons between your age 15 and 21. Then for Serie A you can be owned and loaned out, you qualify still. But for CL you have to be owned and be registered by the club in those years as well, so no loans. Out of 25 you have to have 4 minimum, and another 4 minimum who are HG from other Italian sides. If you don't have them then you can't register the maximum 25 players. Not counting the U23, we have Pinsoglio, Kean, Fagioli and Miretti. Also Rugani but he only qualifies for Serie A, for CL he doesn't qualify as he spent some seasons out on loan before age 21.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Well to qualify as HG you have to be owned by a club for atleast 3 seasons between your age 15 and 21. Then for Serie A you can be owned and loaned out, you qualify still. But for CL you have to be owned and be registered by the club in those years as well, so no loans. Out of 25 you have to have 4 minimum, and another 4 minimum who are HG from other Italian sides. If you don't have them then you can't register the maximum 25 players. Not counting the U23, we have Pinsoglio, Kean, Fagioli and Miretti. Also Rugani but he only qualifies for Serie A, for CL he doesn't qualify as he spent some seasons out on loan before age 21.
So if Juve dont have 4 home grown players they cant register 25 players for CL, or does that only apply for Serie A?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So if Juve dont have 4 home grown players they cant register 25 players for CL, or does that only apply for Serie A?
They cant register for CL either. But i forgot to mention, U21 players dont count in the 25 players. Someone who still didnt turn 22 before the start of the calendar year. You can have an endless number of those players. But yes, without players who spent 3 years at Juve between age 15 and 21, you can only register maximum 21 "senior" players

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
They cant register for CL either. But i forgot to mention, U21 players dont count in the 25 players. Someone who still didnt turn 22 before the start of the calendar year. You can have an endless number of those players. But yes, without players who spent 3 years at Juve between age 15 and 21, you can only register maximum 21 "senior" players
Ok so if I have this correct they pretty much have to keep Fagioli if they want to register 25 players for CL?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Correction, so Rovella is still only 20 years old. So he doesnt take uo a roster spot from anyone. Earlier i said he did

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so if I have this correct they pretty much have to keep Fagioli if they want to register 25 players for CL?
Not exactly because they can also register players from the U23 if Fagioli leaves. But i think they rather have Fagioli there instead of a kid that wont play anyway

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Whether you have 4 or 1 HG player you can register max of 21 players that are not HG.

1. Woj
2. Perin
3. Danilo
4. Cuadrado
5. De Sciglio
6. Sandro
7. Bonucci
8. Bremer
9. Rugani
10. Gatti
11. Locatelli
12. Paredes
13. Zakaria
14. McKennie
15. Rabiot
16. Pogba
17. Chiesa
18. Kostić
19. Di Maria
20. Milik
21. Vlahović

(Pinsoglio, Miretti, Kean, Fagioli)

To get a LB we'd have to let go one of the midfielders from 21 or not register MDS or one of the midfielders for CL.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Whether you have 4 or 1 HG player you can register max of 21 players that are not HG.

1. Woj
2. Perin
3. Danilo
4. Cuadrado
5. De Sciglio
6. Sandro
7. Bonucci
8. Bremer
9. Rugani
10. Gatti
11. Locatelli
12. Paredes
13. Zakaria
14. McKennie
15. Rabiot
16. Pogba
17. Chiesa
18. Kostić
19. Di Maria
20. Milik
21. Vlahović

(Pinsoglio, Miretti, Kean, Fagioli)

To get a LB we'd have to let go one of the midfielders from 21 or not register MDS or one of the midfielders for CL.
Im not sure this rule is the same for CL and Serie A, but (atleast it was the case last time i checked this, which was few years back) in Serie A you can have endless number of U21 players (players that still didnt turn 21 before January 1st). And Vlahovic is technically a U21 player for Serie A for another season and he shouldnt take away a roster spot from anyone either. How does UEFA determine who is U21 or not im not sure, but if its the same, then Vlahovic shouldnt take a roster spot away there either. Someone knows?

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Im not sure this rule is the same for CL and Serie A, but (atleast it was the case last time i checked this, which was few years back) in Serie A you can have endless number of U21 players (players that still didnt turn 21 before January 1st). And Vlahovic is technically a U21 player for Serie A for another season and he shouldnt take away a roster spot from anyone either. How does UEFA determine who is U21 or not im not sure, but if its the same, then Vlahovic shouldnt take a roster spot away there either. Someone knows?
UEFA is U21 and you can have Miretti, Soule (in 6 months) etc without registering them at all. Vlahović is only HG for Italy, not Europe so he counts in UEFA lists. They allow only a true youth player to be unregistered

Jun 16, 2020
Are we really sending him to that Monza shithole? They are fecking awful... Already 11 goals against and the 4th match aint even over yet...
Yeah, I don’t like sending players to teams that fight for relegation. Very difficult to find a spot, clubs will most likely change managers over the course of the season, they might prefer experience like last year with Rovella. See Ranocchia who’s very talented but stayed completely under the radar in Serie B.

Its probably easier said than done, I’d love to send those guys to a team that plays Conference League (might be abroad) or is at least fighting for those spots in Serie A

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Looks like they were getting along quite well too…

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe there is still a chance we will get to hopefully see them playing together as a better and more mature versions of themselves next season if everything falls into place.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Worst decision this mercato, for me, and we had a few. Watched him a fair amount this past two years and I rate him very highly.

While he may not have as high ceilling as Mirreti/Fagioli, his floor is much higher imo.
Out of the 3 he is the one I will bet on to have a 10+ years, solid at the least, Serie A career.

It is not even about how much he would have played or contribute this year. Nor will he reach full potential or not. It upsets me more because it shows managment do not understand how to build a top team squad long term.

He is the type of player that top clubs must keep to avoid having 7mil/year bench players and changing 6,7,8 players every transfer windows. A top club need 4-5 players just like him, that even if are not WC can be solid, fill a rotation spot for a decade, know the system when they need to come on, provide consistency in the squad and have resell value if falling off.
This is how you fill a squad to avoid panic buys every year.

All great Juve teams of the past had squads built like that and the mangment this last few years just keep doing the same mistakes over and over, filling the squad with dead-end players. Maybe Im overreacting, its just a loan, but here it more often than not a last time you see a player.

Last edited:

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
Worst decision this mercato, for me, and we had a few. Watched him a fair amount this past two years and I rate him very highly.

While he may not have as high ceilling as Mirreti/Fagioli, his floor is much higher imo.
Out of the 3 he is the one I will bet on to have a 10+ years, solid at the least, Serie A career.

It is not even about how much he would have played or contribute this year. Nor will he reach full potential or not. It upsets me more because it shows managment do not understand how to build a top team squad long term.

He is the type of player that top clubs must keep to avoid having 7mil/year bench players and changing 6,7,8 players every transfer windows. A top club need 4-5 players just like him, that even if are not WC can be solid, fill a rotation spot for a decade, know the system when they need to come on, provide consistency in the squad and have resell value if falling off.
This is how you fill a squad to avoid panic buys every year.

All great Juve teams of the past had squads built like that and the mangment this last few years just keep doing the same mistakes over and over, filling the squad with dead-end players.
It may not due to pure technical reasons that we send him on loan. Him not being homegrown unlike the other two, failing to ship the deadwood, allegri trusting Paredes more. Multiple factors have to do with his loan.
Now I only hope he improves and matures as much as possible as we expect him to.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
It may not due to pure technical reasons that we send him on loan. Him not being homegrown unlike the other two, failing to ship the deadwood, allegri trusting Paredes more. Multiple factors have to do with his loan.
Now I only hope he improves and matures as much as possible as we expect him to.
Those certainly are more then fair points, but Allegri trusting Paredes more is part of the issue. He has the next year or two in mind, it's the management job to look at the next 4-5 years.
We are constantly patching and not building. Let Rovella play for a year and get a top player next year, the club isn't going anywhere, nor do the fans, Allegri will.

This buy will not be the deciding factor of us making the CL or not. But it can decide if we have funds or a roster spot to get a top target when available. We leave ourselves with zero room to maneuver every year.

No long term thinking, just incremental improvements. And I dont think Paredas is a bad player at all, but this type of buys just prolong the issues we have with the squad.

I wish management had the balls to hit the hard reset button and send Raboit, Arthur, Sandro etc to the stands. You carry deadwood you drown, throw them overboard.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)