Nicolò Rovella (31 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
When the summer started i was all for selling or loaning this guy out first if it came between him , Fagioli and Miretti, they all have good potential but are playing rather different roles, nowadays however after the squad shaped up a bit more recently i do have to point out that Rovella impressed me quite a lot in the regista role and i’d say he is arguably our safest bet there, has good ball control under pressure(better than what Fagioli showed so far here and at times looked even better than Locatelli in the same role), showed some grinta and also seems willing to take responsibility and not hide away from the ball… i can live with him growing and making some mistakes in that role rather than seeing an overpaid mercenary like Paredes do similar mistakes but be paid triple while also having no resale value, if it were after me i’d keep him even if just as Paredes’s backup, especially knowing how injury prone the argentino has been lately.

Too bad tho that his fate has most likely been already sealed, hopefully going to be just a dry loan and he will return an even better player next year or if not that then at least good enough to generate us some plusvalenza that we could then reinvest elsewhere, which is the more probable scenario afterall.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Seriously, even as stubborn as Max is, he has to realize these kids are better than all our midfielders, and that's not really much of a compliment to them.
Current ability plus the ceiling on these younger guys. It's a no fucking brainer.

Only argument otherwise would be that "they don't know the system" or whatever, but there isn't one. Or about the benefit of experience, but that's not doing McKennie or Rabiot any good either.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
At least he wants to play. A 20yo wont have the maturity of a 28yo, but a 28yo wont have the drive and enthusiasm of a 20yo. We desperately need both and our starting mid gave us absolutely nothing last night

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Great movement in midfield and full of intent. Honestly cant see why he shouldnt start over McKennie snd Rabiot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because those two have a better physical build and better positioning without the ball. What we do without the ball and the size of the player matters more to our overpaid, over the hill manager.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Earned a starting spot, also with the help of other mids, but regardless of that he should play regularly from now on. Waiting for Fagioli to get minutes now

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Earned a starting spot, also with the help of other mids, but regardless of that he should play regularly from now on. Waiting for Fagioli to get minutes now
Pretty sure he will get plenty of minutes at Cremonese… :lol:

Just kidding tho, tbh i wouldn’t mind us giving him at least a chance in an official game before loaning him out again, although based on latest events he might still be a bit too behind in the picking order and could eventually be much better off playing regularly somewhere else on loan, just hope that at least two out of the three of them stay afterall because we will sure need them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)