Nicolò Fagioli (20 Viewers)

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Meh.

I look at other traditional big clubs such as Bayern or Real and none of them has turned into a sellout club as much as Juventus did.

Be honest and list the things you still like about this Juventus.
I like everything about Juventus being honest. The fact I didn't like a compilation or a joke they posted on tt or IG changes absolutely nothing in the way I perceive the club.
Mistakes are inevitable when you try to achieve something. I love the fact Andrea has never been satisfied with our dominance in Italy and he tried everything possible to compete with clubs that currently find themselves in much more favorable economic condition.
Many people don't like the Jj but I like it and so what? You will tell me it's lame like you had some more sophisticated taste or some other BS?
Some didn't like it when we resigned from the striped shirt during the Sarri season but I did like it.
The club will not limit itself to the preferences of some old geezers that probably don't spend a dime on merchandise anymore and don't attend games because they don't feel it's worth their money.
Really, just move on guys. Find a new hobby that will give you joy like nordic walking or something.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I like everything about Juventus being honest. The fact I didn't like a compilation or a joke they posted on tt or IG changes absolutely nothing in the way I perceive the club.
Mistakes are inevitable when you try to achieve something. I love the fact Andrea has never been satisfied with our dominance in Italy and he tried everything possible to compete with clubs that currently find themselves in much more favorable economic condition.
Many people don't like the Jj but I like it and so what? You will tell me it's lame like you had some more sophisticated taste or some other BS?
Some didn't like it when we resigned from the striped shirt during the Sarri season but I did like it.
The club will not limit itself to the preferences of some old geezers that probably don't spend a dime on merchandise anymore and don't attend games because they don't feel it's worth their money.
Really, just move on guys. Find a new hobby that will give you joy like nordic walking or something.
Nah. Good for you if you like it. Go and pick up all the JJ merchandise to support the shitshow AA and our management have turned this club into.

Already did mate. The amount of time I waste on football has been going down drastically over the last years, just like Juventus itself.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Besides the lack of winning? That's no big deal I suppose :D
Sure, but my reply was to Dai who doesnt care only about winning so I wanted to see what exactly seems to be the issue besides lack of winning. For me this is the most important. Everything else will look more rosy once we start winning again.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah. Good for you if you like it. Go and pick up all the JJ merchandise to support the shitshow AA and our management have turned this club into.

Already did mate. The amount of time I waste on football has been going down drastically over the last years, just like Juventus itself.
Well we dont have as much time as when we were kids. There is always something to deal with over the weekend, whether I need to drive my kid someplace, visit relatives, or some usual boring stuff. But those 2 hours are perfect escape. :lol:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Sure, but my reply was to Dai who doesnt care only about winning so I wanted to see what exactly seems to be the issue besides lack of winning. For me this is the most important. Everything else will look more rosy once we start winning again.

- - - Updated - - -

Well we dont have as much time as when we were kids. There is always something to deal with over the weekend, whether I need to drive my kid someplace, visit relatives, or some usual boring stuff. But those 2 hours are perfect escape. :lol:
I do agree with Dai though, regarding our cringeworthy social media, the lack of likable players, a coach who has lost it, management that seems more interested in whatever it is they're interested in (alienating the fans in the process).

When I started following this club, we were direct and forceful; we had some amazing players, even before the rise of Del Piero. I am thinking of Kohler, Baggio, Di Livio, Conte, Torricelli, and Vialli just to name a few. Now, I struggle to identify with any of the players, and the youngsters (and the return of Chiesa) are the only interesting aspects about this contemporary Juventus.

Perfect Escape Bro? I'd call it torture. I'm sure if I weren't a Juventus supporter and someone tried to convince me to watch this shit, I'd probably gouge my eyes out rather than sit through a Juventus game :D

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Escape?

Your life must suck even more than mine :p

- - - Updated - - -

Perfect Escape Bro? I'd call it torture.
Damn I'm getting old. Even ol B81 is faster than me.

Jun 16, 2020
So many things have been going wrong, from the salaries and the players we signed, to the financial debacles and the scandals Agnelli got himself into, plus most importantly our performances on the pitch are absolutely unwatchable.

The youth is doing great and in a way we have a core of good players with a future here, that gives me hope.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Escape?

Your life must suck even more than mine :p

- - - Updated - - -

Damn I'm getting old. Even ol B81 is faster than me.
I've always been faster than you - bigger, stronger and faster. No shame in that. It's in the Thai water ;) :b81:

Glad to have you back (I'm sure I already mentioned it before, but you know, us old people tend to forget :p)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I do agree with Dai though, regarding our cringeworthy social media, the lack of likable players, a coach who has lost it, management that seems more interested in whatever it is they're interested in (alienating the fans in the process).

When I started following this club, we were direct and forceful; we had some amazing players, even before the rise of Del Piero. I am thinking of Kohler, Baggio, Di Livio, Conte, Torricelli, and Vialli just to name a few. Now, I struggle to identify with any of the players, and the youngsters (and the return of Chiesa) are the only interesting aspects about this contemporary Juventus.

Perfect Escape Bro? I'd call it torture. I'm sure if I weren't a Juventus supporter and someone tried to convince me to watch this shit, I'd probably gouge my eyes out rather than sit through a Juventus game :D
You were also a kid and they were grown up men you could look up to.

Perfect might be exaggeration but I still look forward to our games. Its not like a decade ago or when I started supporting them, its different ofc, but still enjoyable.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
- results
- players
- management
- style of play
- fanbase
- general direction of the club
- club "culture"

Just some things off the top of my head. Which of these would you say you enjoy currently? If you're just casually looking to watch something for 2 hours, that's great, more power to you. But being as you're a long time member of a forum dedicated to discussing everything about the club, somehow I doubt that. Otherwise, why not just watch any match, doesn't have to be ours. Some of us currently happen to not like much of any of the things I listed, if at all. Some of us don't like seeing the club do things such as allegedly promising a young player some actual playing time and a promise of not loaning him out as a condition of renewing his contract, and then turning around and allegedly looking to do it anyway.

Again, if you're looking to casually watch matches once a week then that's fine, but it's baffling to give others shit or pretend nothing's wrong or it's unreasonable to be somewhat into what goes on at the club beyond 90 minutes on a Sunday when we've all been here doing it for 10+ years each.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
- results
- players
- management
- style of play
- fanbase
- general direction of the club
- club "culture"

Just some things off the top of my head. Which of these would you say you enjoy currently? If you're just casually looking to watch something for 2 hours, that's great, more power to you. But being as you're a long time member of a forum dedicated to discussing everything about the club, somehow I doubt that. Otherwise, why not just watch any match, doesn't have to be ours. Some of us currently happen to not like much of any of the things I listed, if at all. Some of us don't like seeing the club do things such as allegedly promising a young player some actual playing time and a promise of not loaning him out as a condition of renewing his contract, and then turning around and allegedly looking to do it anyway.

Again, if you're looking to casually watch matches once a week then that's fine, but it's baffling to give others shit or pretend nothing's wrong or it's unreasonable to be somewhat into what goes on at the club beyond 90 minutes on a Sunday when we've all been here doing it for 10+ years each.
Being a fan isnt a logical choice, it isnt a choice at all so I cant just make sum of pros/cons to reach to a logical conclusion why I feel the way I feel about it. Being a fan is biased and irrational. You either feel like supporting the club or you dont. Sure Im not happy with results atm, our finances arent exemplary either and I have pointed this out plenty of times but I still find watching our games enjoyable. You said you hate the club so if I ever would feel like that, Id find other hobby.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
The reason why I have been skipping games is because of my work schedule and ofcourse Allegri.

Single biggest reason to not follow Juventus games. And it's not even about results. It's just baffling to me how you can find an Allegri coached team that plays eye soaring football against garbage teams in the league 'enjoyable'. He's a killjoy in every sense of the word. Makes me think you're more of an Allegri fan than a fan of the club.

I mean, I used to 'enjoy' watching games in 442 Del Neri era with Quags and Krasic and even then we weren't getting results. We were an upper mid-table team at best.

It just feels like this coach and this management has completely sucked the soul out of this club.

Maybe once Allegri and Agnelli are sacked, maybe we can hope for better things but until then, this is no fun. Honestly, I would be happier if we don't make top 4 because that would spell financial disaster and that would wake up the clowns in the management to make some real changes in the club.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
U didnt get what I was saying. Its not about style of play either. Its just enjoyable for me to watch our games, no matter the players, coaches, style of player, off the pitch activity, etc...

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
... Being a fan is biased and irrational...
i agree with the whole post, but this is the part that should be obvious for everyone. the so called rational fans calling out the so called emotional fans is the funniest recurring football discussion point.

fans are irrational by definition. if you're 100% rational about a team you allegedly support, you're either not a fan by definition or a sociopath/psychopath

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
i agree with the whole post, but this is the part that should be obvious for everyone. the so called rational fans calling out the so called emotional fans is the funniest recurring football discussion point.

fans are irrational by definition. if you're 100% rational about a team you allegedly support, you're either not a fan by definition or a sociopath/psychopath

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not to mention, some of these “rational” posters post near daily about how much they hate the coach, most of the players, the president, most everything about the club. Sounds very rational lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)