Nicolò Fagioli (2 Viewers)

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I don’t want to get ahead of myself here but in 20 mins I saw more quality and promise from this guy than I’ve seen from The rest of our midfielders. He looked very composed and confident.

Displayed some good vision too

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Good performance, he made good decisions, got himself open and seems confident in his ability to turn a player or play a more difficult pass.

Needs to watch the shirt pulls though.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
dunno how u guys can call this a good showing. he played against a defeated and tired side. his passes are all standard passes.

he's hamsum though so he has that going

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Passes the ball faster than Bentancur and Rabiot, it seems pretty clear that his skill set is more naturally suited to this position than our other midfielders, except Arthur.

Let the ball go quickly, made himself available, turned to protect the ball.

Play him more please, at least it will be encouraging to watch.

Jun 16, 2020
Next games aren’t to difficult so he should start soon, let’s see how things go from there. His strength remains a issue for me but that’s something that he can develop, Puig is seen as a big talent and he has the body of a 6 year old

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Crotones sporting director:

He also revealed that they wanted to sign Fagioli, but Juve preferred that he remain in Turin and continue his development at the club.
The young midfielder has since earned a first start for the Bianconeri and could play some part against I Pitagorici.

On Fagioli, he added: “We wanted to sign him during the last season of Max Allegri at Juventus, but they wanted him to stay in Turin and develop in their second team.

“Last summer I also wanted to sign Felix Correia, who is playing in the U23 squad, he is a talented player, a little bit like Messias.”

dbochev

Aug 27, 2010
dunno how u guys can call this a good showing. he played against a defeated and tired side. his passes are all standard passes.

he's hamsum though so he has that going
You’ve never watched bentancur before? Like this updating from windows 95 to windows XP, it’s not fantastic but at least the pixels are not hurting your eyes...

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
In the youth teams, what position did hè normally play? It seems now he looks most comfortable just in front of defence but likes to play forward quickly, similar to the role Frenkie de Jong used to have at Ajax.
But maybe that’s just the blond hair throwing me off haha

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Nicolo. Fagioli. Is. A. Generational. Talent.

He is literally equal (if not very slightly better) than Pirlo, on raw talent. Him being competitive, even after all the time in the youth teams, shouldn't surprise anyone. He's been keeping his skills sharp; hell, he's been expanding them, even. He's done things in Serie C which are frankly stunning, given his experience level, showing that his feel and intelligence are very much in tact. Those are by far the most important things in football. It's what separates the Pirlos, Xavis, and Fagiolis from the Pjanićs, Jorginhos of the world (with the latter being very good players, but lacking that extra something).

As for raw pace, whilst I'm aware of data which shows that Fagioli is still very much on it, I accept that that isn't really an argument. The truth will out soon enough. But think of it this way: why would Fagioli risk his golden boy reputation? He has zero interest in playing for the sake of playing. He isn't coming to 1st team for a joyride; he's coming for podiums, wins, and maybe even a UCL. Scudetto is merely stage one. I know I get laughed out of the park round here when I say that Fagioli will be on Real's radar, and that I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him end his career on a high in the white shirt, but I fully believe that'll be the case. That's why all this 'is he good enough for first team' nonsense is so frustrating to me - fucking obviously, he is. The question is whether he can still show pace and diligence worthy of the top 3 team in the world, like he did in his stint in primavera.

There's no doubt in my mind that the waste of space opinions of all the armchair pesimists will be dust in the wind come mid-season 2022. Nobody will be in any doubt about what the name 'Nicolo Fagioli' means by then. And it will be the teams who will come knocking to Fagioli; not the other way round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)