Nicolò Fagioli (41 Viewers)

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
NO NO NO

Please keep Fagioli even if we can't sell Rabiot and Arthur. Him staying here and getting 25 minutes every other game is MUCH better than starting for them and getting 90 minute starts every match and fighting with the team he played with and promoted to stay in Serie A and grow as a young man.

NO PLZ NO keep him here to warm out bench.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
NO NO NO

Please keep Fagioli even if we can't sell Rabiot and Arthur. Him staying here and getting 25 minutes every other game is MUCH better than starting for them and getting 90 minute starts every match and fighting with the team he played with and promoted to stay in Serie A and grow as a young man.

NO PLZ NO keep him here to warm out bench.
We don't have to play Arthur and Rabiot though

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Good news, we probably won't play Arthur. Rabiot isn't worth his wages but he's not total shit. Especially with injuries, he'll definitely get minutes.
Yeah he will, and that's Allegris choice. Hopefully one we won't come to regret.

But its beginning to look a lot like 2021-22 again. The only change in midfield being Pogba?

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
Yeah he will, and that's Allegris choice. Hopefully one we won't come to regret.

But its beginning to look a lot like 2021-22 again. The only change in midfield being Pogba?
Can't fix everything all at once. We're not an EPL club and this isn't football manager. I don't see why that's impossible to understand.

You don't just sell a player in the real market. If it were that easy, we would do it, yes?

Cheer up, our club could be in absolute shambles like United.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Pogba + at least one of Fagioli, Rovella, Miretti.

I still think/hope we keep two.

It’s pretty clear Allegri was fine with Rabiot being shipped out and wasn’t the super fan of the French pussyfag that some made him out to be. Hopefully that reflects in how we use him this year. Last year pretty much all our midfield options were rubbish aside from Locatelli. I’m hoping he gives our youngster(s) some consistent playing time.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Can't fix everything all at once. We're not an EPL club and this isn't football manager. I don't see why that's impossible to understand.

You don't just sell a player in the real market. If it were that easy, we would do it, yes?

Cheer up, our club could be in absolute shambles like United.
I don't blame them for not selling Rabiot.

However we haven't spent a dime in midfield, the least we could do is give our talented young players a try instead of depending on the same old shit from last season.

But what do I know, I don't see Fagioli in training daily unlike Max, so maybe it's the right call. Really discouraging knowing I have to put up with the same fuckery again this year

- - - Updated - - -

Pogba + at least one of Fagioli, Rovella, Miretti.

I still think/hope we keep two.

It’s pretty clear Allegri was fine with Rabiot being shipped out and wasn’t the super fan of the French pussyfag that some made him out to be. Hopefully that reflects in how we use him this year. Last year pretty much all our midfield options were rubbish aside from Locatelli. I’m hoping he gives our youngster(s) some consistent playing time.
I would keep Fagioli over Miretti since he is the most creative of the lot, and can step in for Pogba when he's injured. But hey, Rabiots not so bad.

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
I don't blame them for not selling Rabiot.

However we haven't spent a dime in midfield, the least we could do is give our talented young players a try instead of depending on the same old shit from last season.

But what do I know, I don't see Fagioli in training daily unlike Max, so maybe it's the right call. Really discouraging knowing I have to put up with the same fuckery again this year

- - - Updated - - -

I would keep Fagioli over Miretti since he is the most creative of the lot, and can step in for Pogba when he's injured. But hey, Rabiots not so bad.
I also don't blame them for being unable to sell Rabiot but a dime has been spent in midfield. Pogba. And our young players have been given chances, I just think its not as cut and dry as some would think.

Fagioli has Serie B experience for one year. Does he look promising? Yes.

But let's be honest. Are we thinking short-term or long-term? What is more valuable TO FAGIOLI: stay at Juventus, fight for minutes, and end the year with 1500-1800 minutes in midfield or go to a club he is familiar with and play the entire year in Serie A as a 21 year old and come back to a Juventus squad without Rabiot ready to fight for a starting position?

There is a balance to this and there is a correlation for most players between minutes and development. Fagioli looks decent and his potential looks promising. But we're fighting in the present and his potential might be better served starting EVERY match in Serie A and that can be accomplished elsewhere. Because it won't be accomplished here. And, like you said, although he shows promise and seems decently good now, Allegri sees him every day in training and as well as the rest of the training staff, coaching staff, and management. It is crystal clear to everybody we need a difference maker in midfield. So if everybody with more information than us is willing to send him somewhere to get minutes maybe that's what he needs. Right?

And I don't think it will be the same fuckery, I really don't. We aren't starting the season with Kean at CF. Just the movement and presence of Vlahovic alone has already shown there will be less pressure on our midfield. Pogba (when healthy, dear god be healthy) will provide a difference and probably take the Rabiot role. We will have Di Maria who has already shown his worth even in the formation we want (something Dybala struggled to do unless the formation became about him). There is a lot to like about where we are headed.

And yes it is discouraging that we are more stationary in midfield than not this offseason. But that is simply a financial decision we HAVE to make right now. The SwissRamble tweets are a great source to understand this. As nice and easy as it is to say bench Arthur and Rabiot and banish them to the u23s, if they can play for the team they must. We must. We have made this bed and we must sleep in it for now.

Rabiot will be gone soon. Sandro will be gone soon. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)