Nicolò Fagioli (24 Viewers)

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I agree but a lot of past and current WC players are not athletic. Football has changed in a direction where they are preferred but players like Xavi, Pirlo, Iniesta, Baggio, Del Piero (yes when he was young) are hardly examples of athletic masterpieces. Jorginho has decent stamina but relies on reading the game. Now Fagioli is not comparable to any of the above but seem to be of similar mold.
With greater stamina, he will be able to contribute more by foremost increased ability to be more involved and so on. With greater strength he can hold off better and break off better. So yes I agree, but he also seems to be a step ahead of everyone else in reading the game. So until then, he will still be able to contribute.
McKennie seem to be running more lately but I'd like to see his stats because it seems he cover large areas but to no effect. WhoScored sums him up pretty well I think. Strengths: Finishing and Defensive contribution. Supporting the notion that he covers a lot of space. Finishing I wouldn't exactly agree with and it doesn't matter since he never scores anyway. Weaknesses: Passing, Crossing, Tackling. Yup, to no effect. Can't pass or cross and covers a lot of space but can't win back the ball.
He feels like another version of Bernadeschi, who kind of have everything but not really anything at all. Mental blocks.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
imo with fagioli, the issues lie in his physical strength. every time i see him i get the impression that with a bit more physical presence, he could be an instant starter. his vision, his passing could be elite, but he looks weak and he's not especially quick either. obviously the sample size is very small, some friendlies and a few minutes in serie a only, so i might be wrong. :boh:

Aug 2, 2005
imo with fagioli, the issues lie in his physical strength. every time i see him i get the impression that with a bit more physical presence, he could be an instant starter. his vision, his passing could be elite, but he looks weak and he's not especially quick either. obviously the sample size is very small, some friendlies and a few minutes in serie a only, so i might be wrong. :boh:
Same here

I also think he should calibrate his passing power.. everytime he passes the ball you feel it is moving in slow motion to the other player.
Maybe this is how he does it.. but it needs improvement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)