Nicolò Fagioli (34 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Wanna see more of this kid - he seems fearless and inspired. Again, he can provide a creative outlet. Watching McNuggets and Fagiot trying to create anything is like walking into quicksand with sandbags tied to your body, or driving a car in a flood with the handbrake deployed - painful painful shit.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I swear I’ve spent way too much time thinking of ways to get both Miretti and Fagioli on the field at the same time while also keeping Kostic in the lineup. Best solution I came up with is a 4312 with Kostic at LB, Fagioli at LCM, and Miretti in his usual trequartista role. Kind of solves the LB issue if Kostic can play there. To balance it out you put Danilo at RB and that way in possession it’s more of a three man backline with adequate cover so Kostic can attack.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I swear I’ve spent way too much time thinking of ways to get both Miretti and Fagioli on the field at the same time while also keeping Kostic in the lineup. Best solution I came up with is a 4312 with Kostic at LB, Fagioli at LCM, and Miretti in his usual trequartista role. Kind of solves the LB issue if Kostic can play there. To balance it out you put Danilo at RB and that way in possession it’s more of a three man backline with adequate cover so Kostic can attack.
Kostic as lb and there are many many solutions

if one insists on Kostic as left winger:
paredes fagioli
Di Maria Miretti Kostic
Vlahovic

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
two main reasons I became a fan of him were his first touch and the way he constantly scans the field. It’s what separates the great midfielders imo. The ball just dies at his feet.
These attributes sadly cannot be utilised to a good extent as we rarely have more than 50% possession and a real lack of off the ball movement. It’s part of the reason why everyone has to take a touch, stop and look up. Rarely ever a quick intricate move.

His minutes are being stunted by the explosion of Miretti. I can’t see Allegri fielding Miretti-Paredes-Fagioli. He always wants at least one big physical presence in there.

Once Rabiot and/or Locatelli is back, at least one of the two will always start and that’s one of the few things I do agree with Allegri on.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
He has played a grand total of 54 minutes so far this season, how about we give him a game first?
yeah how do you evaluate a player in 10-20 min cameos when they’re chasing the game? Btw he hasn’t even done anything bad, actually the side has done better when he’s come on and he was the one that won that corner that should’ve won the game vs Salernitana. He’s also the only mid on the roster that has yet to be given a start. Knowing Allegri that opportunity will never come, especially as the pressure mounts on his job security. He’ll just double down on what he knows and continue to start McKennie and shit

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
He has played a grand total of 54 minutes so far this season, how about we give him a game first?
Thats a fair request but we had a team full of injuries and he still yet to get a game. Do you think he will get after we recover our midfielders? Thats what i mean , he should be loan out cause he really needs game time , meanwhile i can see Rovella coming in for some games whereby we have no one else in Paredes mould except for him.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Sounds like Lippi's 4312.
Zambrotta to push up as LM/LWB in attack and Biridindelli/whoever was RB to balance. Nedved as AMC in attack, LM in defence. Camoranesi when he arrived to stretch out wide. RW/RM/Mezzela. Midfield set up is role-wise different since we don't have pitbull Davids or a clear cut DM (Tacchinardi) but you could move Fagioli more towards a RCM so the LCM can balance/cover left flank.
Or forget it. Against Monza Kostic needs rest or I fear he will get a heartattack. He looked like he would die after 10 minutes during last game. Fagioli needs to play and we shouldn't have to worry so much about tactical fit since Paredes, Miretti and Fagioli in midfield should create fluidity that will be hard enough for opposition to break down. So long as the defence push high up and the whole team press high (not just one or two), the unbalance against small teams doesn't concern me. All in all. Fagioli Must Play.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Thats a fair request but we had a team full of injuries and he still yet to get a game. Do you think he will get after we recover our midfielders? Thats what i mean , he should be loan out cause he really needs game time , meanwhile i can see Rovella coming in for some games whereby we have no one else in Paredes mould except for him.
The way I see it, we're losing and looking like shit now anyway, what does it hurt to give him a start? How much worse could we get? It's not as if the time isn't there for him, he's just not being played.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 22)