Nicklas Bendtner - ST - Arsenal (6 Viewers)

Who would you rather sign?

• Bendtner

• Borriello

• I...I just can't

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I was and still against this deal considering he's our top striker, but you guys are exaggerating a bit.

He's still 24 and has good CL and international experience with decent goal to minutes played ratio.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
conte has a track record of wanting a tank as forward ... just remember the boriello saga. he want's a striker who can bully and force his way into the penalty box and hold the ball up well.
What I meant was that signing Bendtner probably just an opportunity signing who just happens to fit Conte's description from Marotta's view rather than a signing Conte actually want which could be problematic because last season's competition has taught us that Conte is too picky when it comes to actually choosing a player to be on the filed. Let's be honest here, even though I acknowledge Borriello's contributions in a few last Serie A matches, (almost) no one saw it coming and it's a gamble on Marotta's part.

I don't mind Bendtner coming (as I did for Borriello's last season) as long as it's just a loan without no obligation, a safe(r) gamble. And of course, I do hope he'll do well.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I was and still against this deal considering he's our top striker, but you guys are exaggerating a bit.

He's still 24 and has good CL and international experience with decent goal to minutes played ratio.
If we get international Bendtner, I'm sure a lot of us will start to feel much happier about this deal. Sure he won't be the W.C player but if he can take chances and bag a few goals like ones against Portugal that's all we can ask of him.

Lets hope this club, one that is extremely proud of professionalism can bring out the best side in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)