Nicklas Bendtner - ST - Arsenal (1 Viewer)

Who would you rather sign?

• Bendtner

• Borriello

• I...I just can't

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
If Bendtner does as good a job as Marrotta has done in the transfer market, then he won't be a disappointment. I doubt he will though.
In his first summer, he failed to close DiNatale, Borriello on the last day panic bought Quag. In his second summer, he couldn't close Bruno Alves, a much needed cb on the last day of the summer, because he didn't want to pay the 10 or so m they were asking for. As things stood at the time, Juve had really needed a cb, coz Barzagli had simply come in as a replacement for Legro. Not to mention, the entire Aguero saga that ended with Vucinic, and even at that point in time he said and I quote "Vuicinic will not block the arrival of a top player" Everybody saw how this summer played out, except going from RVP to Bendtner is a whole other level. Marrotta's strengths are penny pinching and closing players in the sub 15m category. He cannot play with the big boys because he doesn't get into bidding wars, a big reason behind that could be his ability to negotiate. We are talking about how all the big players wouldn't move in the last week, but fact is, if we had persisted when their clubs had time and they knew we wanted them bad enough, it wouodve happened. Getting Llorente in Jan or next year is similar to the Krasic saga, where could only sign a relatively strong player because of his will than our own ability. In fact next year, this team is not going to need 10 new players like Marrotta has bought each of these three years. It's going to need 2 players who will probably be in the 20m plus category and he's going to struggle to get that kind of player. His work here is done, for all practical purposes. We need to find him a new portfolio to handle within the club.

kronos

Aug 16, 2011
I've watched him at Arsenal for A LOT of games, he might get a crucial goal here and there but he really sucks, I can't believe after all this we end up with Bendtner

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I've watched him at Arsenal for A LOT of games, he might get a crucial goal here and there but he really sucks, I can't believe after all this we end up with Bendtner
To put things in perspective, Zalayeta > Bendtner. Also, I hope Quag and Matri get a bit more playing time and find their form so Bendtner can be the Elia of the forward line.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
In his first summer, he failed to close DiNatale, Borriello on the last day panic bought Quag. In his second summer, he couldn't close Bruno Alves, a much needed cb on the last day of the summer, because he didn't want to pay the 10 or so m they were asking for. As things stood at the time, Juve had really needed a cb, coz Barzagli had simply come in as a replacement for Legro. Not to mention, the entire Aguero saga that ended with Vucinic, and even at that point in time he said and I quote "Vuicinic will not block the arrival of a top player" Everybody saw how this summer played out, except going from RVP to Bendtner is a whole other level. Marrotta's strengths are penny pinching and closing players in the sub 15m category. He cannot play with the big boys because he doesn't get into bidding wars, a big reason behind that could be his ability to negotiate. We are talking about how all the big players wouldn't move in the last week, but fact is, if we had persisted when their clubs had time and they knew we wanted them bad enough, it wouodve happened. Getting Llorente in Jan or next year is similar to the Krasic saga, where could only sign a relatively strong player because of his will than our own ability. In fact next year, this team is not going to need 10 new players like Marrotta has bought each of these three years. It's going to need 2 players who will probably be in the 20m plus category and he's going to struggle to get that kind of player. His work here is done, for all practical purposes. We need to find him a new portfolio to handle within the club.
First of all we did need those players and actually not evne that work is done, since a LWB next mercato would be nice.

Second, 99% of ALL transfers are done because of the will of the player. You think for instance the Van Persie transfer was different ?

Third, the reason we don't enter bidding wars is simply because wa can't compete anyway. Useless wasting of energy...

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
First of all we did need those players and actually not evne that work is done, since a LWB next mercato would be nice.

Second, 99% of ALL transfers are done because of the will of the player. You think for instance the Van Persie transfer was different ?
Exactly. The LwB be this season is going to be the man we brought in as depth for the cm role. So a position that needed to be filled this summer is going to still be vacant next summer. Two positions actually. I'm assuming Llorente will be one solution to the problem, if conte and the club still want him after an entire season on the bench. Or 6months, depending on when we get him.

Of course the will of the player is important, but that will is directly related to DS's ability to sell a project, create an attractive package for the player and convince him towards thinking in that direction. I'm not even talking about the RVP issue here because his salary would shatter our wage structure. ven though he would do well to create a more international image for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)