Nick Against the World (96 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yeah, I just failed that thermodynamics exam. There were in total six problems and it took me over 3 hours to completely answer all of them, haphazardly at best. When I left half the class was still there taking the test, and apparently some were even there until 11pm... basically 5 hours after the exam started. I don't have the patience for re-working such difficult problems, so I fucking left. Thanks for the wishes, Erik.

Now I'm having a few Stella Artois'. Andries, your compatriots sure make good beer... and waffles.. What else can a man need really.
Look for Duvel.

An exam shouldn't take 5 hours to be completed. IMO it's nearly impossible to stay focussed for such an amount of time. Perhaps it would have been a better choice handing out 4 problems.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I wish the army tried to recruit that way in Belgium too. The reactions would be hilarious.

I'm reading this book by a Belgian reporter about America by the way. I hardly agree with all she says, but there's one thing I found fascinating. She claims that most Americans, even if they don't agree with the foreign policy, will back up soldiers, because they are seen as true patriots. Which is why they will almost never insult the army.
That's the truth. There is a difference between supporting the government and the troops, as Burke already explained. The troops do not make the decisions and have families of their own in most circumstances, so apart from being killing machines they're just like us. I'm sure most of them believe their mission in Iraq is preposterous deep down inside anyway... but they continue on with their orders because that is what's asked of them.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Look for Duvel.

An exam shouldn't take 5 hours to be completed. IMO it's nearly impossible to stay focussed for such an amount of time. Perhaps it would have been a better choice handing out 4 problems.
I'll buy some Duvel sometime, but surely it will not even come close to Paulaner.

And in regards to exams, I suppose it's better for the professor to give us a test like that instead of giving four questions with a time limit. Thermodynamics is so difficult to understand as it is... no need to make it even more difficult. There is probably no such thing as an easy exam in this subject.

One of the questions on the exam asked you to explain why you feel absolutely no effect when an aircraft flies directly overhead of you, considering that atmospheric pressure is supposedly the "weight of the air above you," as described by imbeciles. That's probably the only question I answered correctly.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
That's the truth. There is a difference between supporting the government and the troops, as Burke already explained. The troops do not make the decisions and have families of their own in most circumstances, so apart from being killing machines they're just like us. I'm sure most of them believe their mission in Iraq is preposterous deep down inside anyway... but they continue on with their orders because that is what's asked of them.
Why would anyone support the troops? Just because they are Americans? Do you support Bush by the same token? Do you support every countryman regardless of what he does on the basis of being American? What kind of nonsensical argument is that?

If anything I sympathize with them. They are people just like we are, some of which drafted for a lack of opportunities in life, dissuaded by false promises and bs propaganda of "serving the country". Some of which drafted for actually drinking the koolaid from Washington in the first place. And so they undertake a crappy job with little reward (aside from the endless and invaluable moral support every human needs more than anything), in poor working conditions and high risk of serious injury if not death. Only to return home to nurse their poor health (depending on how well they fare) with bad compensation and wishing they never had seen what they saw and done what they were ordered to do.

If there was a soldier trying to learn a foreign language or apply for a job, sure I could be supportive of that and "support the troops". But in their day job of occupying other countries? Absolutely not.

Now if they were UN peace keepers, I'd certainly be much more inclined.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I always have facial hair, and I like it when there is a little patch downtown on the WOman. I feel like I'm not eating out a 6 year old then......not that there is anything wrong with that though.
well tbh my missus loves it when i have some heavy growth as is "tickles" and though i always used to love a little landing strip both my current and my ex used to be pretty much fully shorn and it was better when giving oral

on the beer:pint: i tried Duvel last night for teh last time and..............well i have tried better. amstel and budvar are superior. i have been drinking the new beer from artois, peeterman artois and it is great

however,i have seen heaven ladies and gentemen and it was in bavaira, no-one here has talked about this before but Andechs is the most amazing beer i have ever tasted. it is the one that is brewed in a small monestary and bothe the dark and light beers have to be tasted to be believed, if you ever go to munich you have got to go to Andechser which sells it, just top drawer.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
well tbh my missus loves it when i have some heavy growth as is "tickles" and though i always used to love a little landing strip both my current and my ex used to be pretty much fully shorn and it was better when giving oral

on the beer:pint: i tried Duvel last night for teh last time and..............well i have tried better. amstel and budvar are superior. i have been drinking the new beer from artois, peeterman artois and it is great

however,i have seen heaven ladies and gentemen and it was in bavaira, no-one here has talked about this before but Andechs is the most amazing beer i have ever tasted. it is the one that is brewed in a small monestary and bothe the dark and light beers have to be tasted to be believed, if you ever go to munich you have got to go to Andechser which sells it, just top drawer.
Amstel's about the worst you can get. Only Heineken sucks more. Last time I drank amstel my stomach actually hurt.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
lately, while I was watching a premier leauge game the german reporter said that Alex ferguson has said once about Inzaghi, who is often in offside. Sir Alex said: I think Inzaghi is born in off side..

I found that very funny, and could not stop to laugh.. :D

what do you think, please discuss

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
hate heini, love amstel but like i say nothing comes close to the beers in bavaria. do like the new peeterman artois though
There I was, hacking my way through the jungles of Munich. The last remaining Jew in Bavaria. I came upon a lost civilization of beer drinkers, each with a belly fatter than the next. When they discovered me hiding in the dense bush they dragged me out into a clearing and systematically laid their fat stomachs upon me, one after the other, until every Bavarian Beer Man had fat slabbed me. Fortunately for me I survived by offering the beasts use of my battery-powered sockpenis shaver and personal groomer, $19.95 + shipping through the J. Peeterman catalogue.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
There I was, hacking my way through the jungles of Munich. The last remaining Jew in Bavaria. I came upon a lost civilization of beer drinkers, each with a belly fatter than the next. When they discovered me hiding in the dense bush they dragged me out into a clearing and systematically laid their fat stomachs upon me, one after the other, until every Bavarian Beer Man had fat slabbed me. Fortunately for me I survived by offering the beasts use of my battery-powered sockpenis shaver and personal groomer, $19.95 + shipping through the J. Peeterman catalogue.
I don't know why, but any Jew joke cracks me up ever since that Simpsons-episode in which Milhouse asked Lisa: "but now we escaped the evil reign of the Egyptians, it's all good for the Jews, right?".

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Why would anyone support the troops? Just because they are Americans? Do you support Bush by the same token? Do you support every countryman regardless of what he does on the basis of being American? What kind of nonsensical argument is that?
People would support the troops as a whole because they are "protecting the nation." Despite all the politics and discussion of all worthless this current war is, citizens of this country respect those in uniform as they are doing the dirty work of protecting the country and fighting for us, no matter wrong or right. Somebody has to do this work, and I can assure you I wouldn't want to be there in Baghdad carrying my M4 around trying to decifer who the bad guys are. I'm too smart for that job... and also too weak. But the point is somebody has to do it and that is why we "support the troops" but not necessarily the government. I know... it sounds ridiculous and perhaps cliched, and even I cringe at the thought of it sometimes.

If there was a soldier trying to learn a foreign language or apply for a job, sure I could be supportive of that and "support the troops". But in their day job of occupying other countries? Absolutely not.
It's not about supporting their mission of occupying foreign lands. Rather, the common folk pay tribute to the soldier's stated job of protecting the nation. That is why my compatriots "support the troops."

The whole notion of this is very American and it probably doesn't make much sense to others around the world.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Actually, I find them to be quite similar.
Paulaner straight from the tap is the best beer I have ever had... no question my favorite beverage of choice, let alone brew.

Right now I'm sipping on a Labatt's straight from the beautiful neighboring country of Canada. It's not a bad beer for the price, that's for sure. Here they sell 28 for $19, which happens to be much less than a 30 pack of that shit called Coors Light. Makes me want to vomit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 96)