Nick Against the World (145 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Jack, may I ask, what exactly is your problem? Don't tell me you could not see the parallel I drew between calling me a Barcelona fan and labeling you an imbecile. Both should be considered offensive as they don't apply to the given person... that was the whole point.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Hey, you're the genius here. I have no problem.

You called me a hypocrite for having a biased opinion and you insist that calling someone a Barca fan is the same as calling someone an imbecile. I cannot argue with such a brain capacity as yours, I'm such a Barca fan. And according to your logic, all our opinions should be objective.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Hey, you're the genius here. I have no problem.

You called me a hypocrite for having a biased opinion and you insist that calling someone a Barca fan is the same as calling someone an imbecile. I cannot argue with such a brain capacity as yours, I'm such a Barca fan. And according to your logic, all our opinions should be objective.
It is essentially the same thing as anything you're labeled that you know doesn't apply to you can be offensive. Who gives you the right to start generalizing the opinions of others and placing them in some catagory that you know would cause them to fight back? It reminds me of that whole discussion of deciphering whether a supporter is a real Juventino or not... highly nonsensical and unfair to the person under scrutiny.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Then do you care to explain to me what is wrong in me expressing my opinion on Barcelona (knowing it will be biased AND subjective) and at the same time expressing my opinions about Juve (also biased AND subjective)? Mind you, I am not on this forum because I want everything I say to be taken seriously, it is all for the fun, to express our opinions under the same umbrella.

Why would I be a hypocrite if I say that Juve deserves the European titles they got and Barca's last year success was a joke. It is my fucking opinion on the matter, I am not writing a test nor an application to become the next hot shot football reporter?

You keep on saying that I bash Barcelona because I am jealous, doesn't this fall into your same category of labeling someone something? Or is that fine?

And you kept on repeating today that what I say is biased but you intentionally did not answer my question on why are you biased in what you chose to like, care to enlighten me on this matter?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Then do you care to explain to me what is wrong in me expressing my opinion on Barcelona (knowing it will be biased AND subjective) and at the same time expressing my opinions about Juve (also biased AND subjective)? Mind you, I am not on this forum because I want everything I say to be taken seriously, it is all for the fun, to express our opinions under the same umbrella.
Like I said in another thread, just be prepared to face the consequences of what you say. I gave my opinion as well and you started calling me a Barcelona fan. That's about as immature as you can get on a football forum. I don't deserve such treatment as it was only my opinion Barca played good football and deserved the trophy last season... in which I have my arguments for.

Why would I be a hypocrite if I say that Juve deserves the European titles they got and Barca's last year success was a joke. It is my fucking opinion on the matter, I am not writing a test nor an application to become the next hot shot football reporter?
Look, Jack. I made that comparison just to refute what you were saying about Barcelona. There is indeed a difference between speaking objectively and subjectively on a matter, and a fan of a team can be objective on his/her own sides' matters despite being a supporter. Many people could formulate arguments regarding how we in some facet did not deserve our two European Cups, however what really constitutes deserving a trophy? To me, Barca played decent football, played their matches to win, and in the end took their chances which gave them the trophy. If we were to scrutinize every single aspect of their matches that perhaps gave them the advantage unfairly, we would essentially be trying to calculate the motions of every single molecule in the atmosphere in trying to find the simple pressure acting on earth. Instead, we take things on average to examine the atmosphere. And in relation to Barca, on average, they deserved the European Cup last season due to their performances and resolve in times of difficulty. That's it... game, set and match.

You keep on saying that I bash Barcelona because I am jealous, doesn't this fall into your same category of labeling someone something? Or is that fine?
It's quite different as that is the only conclusion people can assume regarding your bias and hate for the club. If you actually gave us reasons why you hate the club and continue to demean their success, it would be much more clear. Attributing something to jealousy by a hypothesis is different than flat out labeling someone a fan of something.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Actually, forget my question, you're entitled to your opinion as much as I am entitled to mine, no matter what it is. I don't like Barcelona, I wish they fail all the time and I will always see their triumph last season to be a joke because of the two incidents facing Chelsea and Milan. If you consider it offensive to call you a Barca fan, I apologize. Spare me more arguments, I am enjoying my late night dub now.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Why do you hate English football?
:howler:

Is this all you can come up with?

I do not hate English football because if I truly hated it I wouldn't be watching a review show regarding it right now. However, what I do hate is the biased press that overrates the league in this country and the continuing hype surrounding English football.

That said, at this moment the EPL is the strongest league considering the decline in Serie A, and as so my hate for the marketeers of the Premiership will not cloud my judgement on their football as a whole. Personally the style of play in England does not suit my taste, but that is a personal opinion and does not have any bearing on my opinion on their performances in Europe. As evidence, I rightfully admitted Arsenal played us off the park last season, and Liverpool did the same the previous year as well. Fair assessments must find their way through personal bias.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Actually, forget my question, you're entitled to your opinion as much as I am entitled to mine, no matter what it is. I don't like Barcelona, I wish they fail all the time and I will always see their triumph last season to be a joke because of the two incidents facing Chelsea and Milan. If you consider it offensive to call you a Barca fan, I apologize. Spare me more arguments, I am enjoying my late night dub now.
Fair enough. Enjoy the rest of the night.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
So I got my next two days planned out. I'm going to watch "The Last King of Scotland" tonight and then I'm going to watch Green Street tomorrow some time, and then I'll download another movie, any suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 143)