Nick Against the World (103 Viewers)

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
whats a douchejew?
A Douchebag that ran afoul of Mel Gibson.

Figo is quite the douchebag. I see he is still signing contracts for numerous clubs like he was doing in 1994 :weee:

From Football Italia:

Al-Ittihad have revealed that they will present Luis Figo to the Press on Thursday, despite Inter’s latest statement taking the player off the market.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I know, I can't believe it...I couldn't finish....my head was in my hands.
:D
think i found your problem there mate, you need to be holding something else in your hand to fap effectively

So much so, over the holidays, Dan, I invented the Maldini Martini.
maldini martini eh? like the sound of that. over the last week i have been busy perfecting a new puzzle game using a pink spongy area, the only problem is whether to call it the maldini matrix or a pubic cube

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
whatever you want to classify it as....like I said in the other thread, my neighborhood was made up of mostly Italian immigrants, and you could hear both Italian and English spoken at any given time

They brought their culture and customs with them, so its true I didnt grow up in Italy, but it was probably the closest you could come to it
Yes but they brought culture and customs with them from their generation, in the meantime the two cultures evolved down different paths. Which makes them distinctly different especially if you consider you were also under influences of American culture (inevitably).

A very clear example of that phenomenon is what happened in South Africa, where the Dutch settlers of the 17th century later ended up in a British-dominated country and the culture we now know as Afrikaans is Dutch only in its very origin. It's very different from modern Holland because the two peoples took a different direction through history.

Those people are Afrikaans. And though the roots of their language and culture are Dutch, they are anything but Dutch.

I have no problem being classified as an Italian American because thats what I am
I didn't mean for it to sound downgrading (it isn't, in fact), but I wanted to point out it's different from actually being Italian.

Regarding this post:

OK, so I guess that counts for everyone...KING ERIK HAS SPOKEN !!
Yawn. That's why I pointed out "in my experience", kindly finish reading sentences before you draw conclusions, it's the very least anyone can do.

The USA is my country, Italy is my heritage

maybe you guys cannot understand the fact that the USA has immigrants from all over the globe who come here for the American dream.
Oh get off the horse, Holland was the first real immigrant nation of the West so don't give me that.

Should families toss their culture and customs out the window, just because they moved to another country ??
No, I was only pointing out your culture and customs are no longer the same as those of the modern Italian Republic, despite them being Italian by origin.

Culture and customs are passed on to the next generations, and there is no reason you cant be a good American, and keep your culture

I grew up in an Italian family, in an Italian neighborhood, where you could hear people speaking both Italian and English on any given day.

If you asked anyone, be it old or young, where their allegiance lies, the answer would always be with the USA

But, anyone who's an Italian-American could also tell you that we were a little different than other Americans, just ask Pado, Sergio or Nick
I have no doubt it distinguishes you from other groups in American society. But what I've been trying to say is that it doesn't make you Italian.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Good news. Andy, I suggest you visit their dams after they're finished, it's massively interesting, especially in line with your studies et all.

Engineering giant Arcadis has landed a multi-million euro assignment to protect New Orleans from floods and storms.
A spokesperson at the headquarters in Arnhem said the order will most likely total to 114 million euro (150 million US dollars). Arcadis has teamed up with the American firm Bioengineering, which will keep track of the environmental consequences of major deltaworks. Arcadis said to be aiming for a 'flying start', the company is known for rebelling against bureaucracy if it thinks it's slowing down their projects and risking lives.

Trivia:
* New Orleans aimed for protection works suited for storms of a strength occurring once every century. The Dutch Water Management Ministry aims for protection against storms of a magnitude occurring only once every ten thousand years.
* Initial plans by Arcadis regarding protection from the sea are, so far, based on the Maeslandkering protecting Rotterdam. The two movable dams are the largest in the world and would overshadow the Eiffel Tower if put up straight.
* Arcadis said Dutch expertise would be very useful as Holland, like Louisiana, is a vulnerable river delta. Holland finds itself threatened by the Rhine, Meuse, Scheldt and Waal rivers, as well as Lake Yssel and the North Sea.

Source: Trouw

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
So no new Atlantis any time soon?

Though I doubt New Orleans would be hailed as an "advanced society" :D.

Advanced societies tend to fall, it's best to be a provincial society like Holland and Belgium :undecide:

I've seen those things may times on the History Channel.

They are bad ass.
They were built pre-global warming though :worried:

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
In holland the animal party has 2 seats in the parlament. I heared that this party is pro forigns in Holland. Does that mean that they think that forigns are animals:shifty: :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 102)