Nick Against the World (91 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Martin said:
Help?? He's a chaperone, he's only there to assure that they don't get up to anything. :D

But seriously, saying France have been bad, well don't you think they had it somewhat tougher playing Spain, Brazil and Portugal than Italy taking on Australia, Ukraine and Germany? I mean that might just have something to do with it.

And Henry is playing as well as a celebrity asked to throw the first pitch.
You make good points in that France has had to play tougher competition, and thus their performances could seem more lackluster by comparison. But I still think the best teams in the tournament have been Italy, Germany, and Argentina -- and they have played each other and not looked so shaky as France had against their competition.

As for Henry, ITV quite rightfully named Torres, Klose, and Tevez as the best forwards in the tournament. And Henry hasn't excelled as a midfielder or winger either, so I don't know what the Golden Ball guys are thinking. ;)

I was wondering before the Cup if we will see the collapse of all the sponsorship stars as we did in Euro 2004 -- where virtually anyone who showed up in a Nike or Adidas commercial was guaranteed mediocrity at best during the tournament. Zizou, Vieira, Riquelme, and even the much-hated C Ronaldo have proven otherwise, with Henry and Ronaldinho being two of the underachieving star holdouts. (And I can't blame Cisse for snapping his leg against China.)

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
The new FIFA/Coca Cola Rankings:

1. BRAZIL - FIFA rules prevent any other nation from the top rannking.
2. FRANCE - Hey, they beat Brazil.
3. SERBIA - Without Montenegro holding them back, the "Brazilians of the Balkans" will fly.
4. CZECH - With Euro '96 still fresh in our minds.
5. ARGENTINA - Can't beat 'em without a fight, literally.
6. MEXICO - The Brazilians of North America.
7. USA - The Brazilians of Ohio.
8. ITALY - Less greasy and parasitic now that they are in the final.
9. GERMANY - Two years away from greatness.
10. POLAND - And you thought golf was boring?

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
The Pado said:
The new FIFA/Coca Cola Rankings:

1. BRAZIL - FIFA rules prevent any other nation from the top rannking.
2. FRANCE - Hey, they beat Brazil.
3. SERBIA - Without Montenegro holding them back, the "Brazilians of the Balkans" will fly.
4. CZECH - With Euro '96 still fresh in our minds.
5. ARGENTINA - Can't beat 'em without a fight, literally.
6. MEXICO - The Brazilians of North America.
7. USA - The Brazilians of Ohio.
8. ITALY - Less greasy and parasitic now that they are in the final.
9. GERMANY - Two years away from greatness.
10. POLAND - And you thought golf was boring?

that is fucking classic !!!!!!:agree: :D

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
swag said:
OK. So I finally saw the Portugal-France match. How lame and anti-climactic. And that penalty? Please. The ref did a great job overall, but that kind of contact would have been a "play-on" in most other parts of the pitch. It's just a waste of a match when neither team is challenged to take the advantage and a winner is pretty much chosen regardless. Penalty kicks would have been a better determination of a winner, and I would almost never say that. Neither side showed the initiative and skill to be worthy of winning this match, and at least a PK shootout would have been a preferable determinant than a sktechy ref call. Now that's pathetic.

WTF is up with Domenech? Wiltord in as the first sub every time? Then Govou? Both players have been absolutely worthless everytime they've been subbed in.

France has to be the gimpiest WC finalist I have ever seen in my life. Italy should do the WC a service and shellac this mockery of a WC final squad. That whole bracket sucked. This should have been an Italy-Argentina final all along. :(
i think domenech and trezeguet had some arguments but now he has to play trezeguet in the final, because saha is out. is it destiny? trezeguet gets his chanse against italy? i guess so.

about henry, imo ref should have given a freekick there, it was henry who got that penalty out of that situation moving his legs "in the right way". There was contact, but some refs would not have given penalty there. Anyway he has changed a lot imo in this season, already with arsenal, also his behaivor, oh and dont forget puyol "mistake" what outcome was france 2 goal. i hope he will cry in the final and not because of happiness and joy ;)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
swag said:
You make good points in that France has had to play tougher competition, and thus their performances could seem more lackluster by comparison. But I still think the best teams in the tournament have been Italy, Germany, and Argentina -- and they have played each other and not looked so shaky as France had against their competition.

As for Henry, ITV quite rightfully named Torres, Klose, and Tevez as the best forwards in the tournament. And Henry hasn't excelled as a midfielder or winger either, so I don't know what the Golden Ball guys are thinking. ;)

I was wondering before the Cup if we will see the collapse of all the sponsorship stars as we did in Euro 2004 -- where virtually anyone who showed up in a Nike or Adidas commercial was guaranteed mediocrity at best during the tournament. Zizou, Vieira, Riquelme, and even the much-hated C Ronaldo have proven otherwise, with Henry and Ronaldinho being two of the underachieving star holdouts. (And I can't blame Cisse for snapping his leg against China.)
his there because he has been involved with france goals, take a look:

his dive against puyol, freekick, goal
his offside/or not? against brazil, goal
france gets penalty against portugal, again henry involved.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Stephan said:
i think domenech and trezeguet had some arguments but now he has to play trezeguet in the final, because saha is out. is it destiny? trezeguet gets his chanse against italy? i guess so.

about henry, imo ref should have given a freekick there, it was henry who got that penalty out of that situation moving his legs "in the right way". There was contact, but some refs would not have given penalty there. Anyway he has changed a lot imo in this season, already with arsenal, also his behaivor, oh and dont forget puyol "mistake" what outcome was france 2 goal. i hope he will cry in the final and not because of happiness and joy ;)

The last thing I wanted to see was a Trezeguet with something to prove.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Mamma Mia.....now that Italians tought the german how the real Pizza tastes... It's French Fries time....

and thats right Captain, It's revange time....:agree:

:pint:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
ßömßärdîër said:
Dude, Pizza originated in Greek Colonies.
The real pizza Margherita, mother of the pizza as we know it today, is Neapolitan, mate. I ate in Italy's very first and oldest pizzeria :strong:

Whatever pancake the Greeks came up with might make for a nice story on National Geographic but they can shove it up their hairy Greek asses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)