Nick Against the World (66 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
OK. So I finally saw the Portugal-France match. How lame and anti-climactic. And that penalty? Please. The ref did a great job overall, but that kind of contact would have been a "play-on" in most other parts of the pitch. It's just a waste of a match when neither team is challenged to take the advantage and a winner is pretty much chosen regardless. Penalty kicks would have been a better determination of a winner, and I would almost never say that. Neither side showed the initiative and skill to be worthy of winning this match, and at least a PK shootout would have been a preferable determinant than a sktechy ref call. Now that's pathetic.

WTF is up with Domenech? Wiltord in as the first sub every time? Then Govou? Both players have been absolutely worthless everytime they've been subbed in.

France has to be the gimpiest WC finalist I have ever seen in my life. Italy should do the WC a service and shellac this mockery of a WC final squad. That whole bracket sucked. This should have been an Italy-Argentina final all along. :(

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
swag said:
OK. So I finally saw the Portugal-France match. How lame and anti-climactic. And that penalty? Please. The ref did a great job overall, but that kind of contact would have been a "play-on" in most other parts of the pitch. It's just a waste of a match when neither team is challenged to take the advantage and a winner is pretty much chosen regardless. Penalty kicks would have been a better determination of a winner, and I would almost never say that. Neither side showed the initiative and skill to be worthy of winning this match, and at least a PK shootout would have been a preferable determinant than a sktechy ref call. Now that's pathetic.

WTF is up with Domenech? Wiltord in as the first sub every time? Then Govou? Both players have been absolutely worthless everytime they've been subbed in.

France has to be the gimpiest WC finalist I have ever seen in my life. Italy should do the WC a service and shellac this mockery of a WC final squad. That whole bracket sucked. This should have been an Italy-Argentina final all along. :(

always respect your opinion but that was an obvious call for the penalty, as it clearly hindered his ability to score in the box; so it cant be compared to the same foul in other compartments on the field. France had no clear chances, but portugal were really dismal and their comical diving was just shameful, cant believe Scolari encouraged it. Domenech might be an idiot but he knew that Makelele was the key to this game, he completely neutralized Deco/Maniche

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Altair said:
always respect your opinion but that was an obvious call for the penalty, as it clearly hindered his ability to score in the box; so it cant be compared to the same foul in other compartments on the field. France had no clear chances, but portugal were really dismal and their comical diving was just shameful, cant believe Scolari encouraged it. Domenech might be an idiot but he knew that Makelele was the key to this game, he completely neutralized Deco/Maniche
There's no way Henry could have scored from that spot. As a result, the penalty was a gift to allow one team to avoid putting any serious effort to score altogether.

Both teams, as with the England-Portugal match, were crap and deserved to be ousted. A real ref should have put a bullet to the heads of both squads and done world football a favor.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
swag said:
Keeping the peace in the squad?

Nah, France were fairly anonymous in the Portugal match because they didn't bother to go full-throttle, especially not after they had 'scored'. If Portugal had scored first, it would've been a great match but I'm pretty convinced Zidane and Henry would still have found a way around that Portuguese defense, which didn't impress me too much this time around against a France in second gear only.

And Italy-Argentina would've been a semi-final ;)

ßömßärdîër said:
Erik, want to get together?

I think i may be off broads for a while.
Sorry, Burkey, I'm taken.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Fuck Portugal.

By far the dirtiest and most classless team in the tournament didn't even deserve to get this far, to be honest with you. I guess that's what happens when you hire Greg Louganis as an assistant coach. Hey, at least Figo and C. Ronaldo can qualify for the Portugese diving team in the next olympics.

I'm off to go meet Maria, Vinnie, Louie and Tony, at the local Papa Gino's for a large Rustic and a pitcher of Miller Lite.

I'll make sure I have my chain on so that I know where to stop shaving when I get out of the shower.

And since I can have my Whopper "my way", I think I'll have it with a huge slice of Gattuso, since he's so good at neutralizing german "superstars", such as Ballack, he's better than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol anyday.

Fabi,I still love you, and I still want you to have my baby.

Seven, Portugal didn't get robbed, they were, and always have been, very overrated. And I still love you.

Erik, sorry. I haven't decided to change teams. You'll be the first to know. :D

Martin, thanks for the post card, next time send pix of naked chix.

Burke, sorry about your loss on a football front (well, not really), and on a personal/relationship front (well, kinda)

Newsflash, son. YOU'RE WAY TOO YOUNG TOO BE COMMITTED TO ONE GIRL. Go out there and fuck, fuck, fuck, till your unit falls off. Follow my advice, and you'll be a happy little kraut.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
swag said:
Actually, I did mean final. The entire semi-final bracket from which France came should have been disqualified for lameness.
And Italy-Australia wasn't lame? Cmon now. At least France played two great matches vs Spain and Brazil, so they didn't bother last night, let it go :D

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Martin said:
And Italy-Australia wasn't lame? Cmon now. At least France played two great matches vs Spain and Brazil, so they didn't bother last night, let it go :D

A straight Red Card to the Matrix saw off that match in a hurry, but yes, it was not that great to begin with.

Hey Martin, the jerk store called and said they are all out of you.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Martin said:
Italy-Australia was lame because officiating determined the play.

France had one truly good, complete match against Spain. Against Brazil they showed some awesome defense and a virtuoso performance by Zizou. But other than that, their offensive output generally amounted to blown coverage on a free kick. :lazy: Henry has yet to do anything in this WC to impress me -- that he is up for the Golden Ball is criminal -- and Domenech has not helped matters.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
swag said:
Italy-Australia was lame because officiating determined the play.

France had one truly good, complete match against Spain. Against Brazil they showed some awesome defense and a virtuoso performance by Zizou. But other than that, their offensive output generally amounted to blown coverage on a free kick. :lazy: Henry has yet to do anything in this WC to impress me -- that he is up for the Golden Ball is criminal -- and Domenech has not helped matters.
Help?? He's a chaperone, he's only there to assure that they don't get up to anything. :D

But seriously, saying France have been bad, well don't you think they had it somewhat tougher playing Spain, Brazil and Portugal than Italy taking on Australia, Ukraine and Germany? I mean that might just have something to do with it.

And Henry is playing as well as a celebrity asked to throw the first pitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)