Nick Against the World (32 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Atlantic? I was talking about the Mediterranean, which especially around its Israeli coast is probably one of the warmest seas in the world.

Also just about the least lively sea in the world, but that's a different topic.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Actually if I give you two points, Faraya - Mzar slopes to Jounieh bay, the trip takes 25 to 35 minutes, depending on the traffic and how fast one is driving :)
Yeah but I heard the driving in Lebanon is pretty much like it is in Naples and if that's true, 30 minutes will take the same effort as one hour on Dutch highways :D

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yeah but I heard the driving in Lebanon is pretty much like it is in Naples and if that's true, 30 minutes will take the same effort as one hour on Dutch highways :D
I don't know about the driving in Naples but I am sure driving in Lebanon can qualify as a new entry in the coming Xtreme games.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Rab and Jack, pardon my ignorance, but what is the name of the mountain range that runs through central Lebanon? And is skiing really big in said country? I have never really seen or heard a review from a Lebanese ski resort, nor even thought about top-notch skiing in Lebanon. I would sure love to make it a vacation though.
There are many mountains that range's through Central Lebanon... (Faraya, Cedars, Faqra, Zaarour etc) There are at least five skiing resorts in Lebanon.

There is also enough space on the slopes just around Faraya to build a mega-ski area like those of the Alps or Colorado. You probably wouldn't get to know what I'm talking about unless you experience It, Andy. It's really something worthy.

Not to also mention that the Sea is less than 20min away from you...You can it while skiin. I don't think you ever get to see this other than Leb.

Here are also some pictures I got of skiing in Lebanon, you might wanna see them.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Rab and Jack, pardon my ignorance, but what is the name of the mountain range that runs through central Lebanon? And is skiing really big in said country? I have never really seen or heard a review from a Lebanese ski resort, nor even thought about top-notch skiing in Lebanon. I would sure love to make it a vacation though.
Well, it is mainly called Mount Lebanon, it is stretches almost on the length of the country and has different peaks. Because there is a range parallel to that further inside the land on the Syrian borders, they two ranges are known by the names, Western Mountains and Eastern Mountains, but no one actually uses these names.

I would not say skiing is big or small, I know that the slopes are good enough for someone to enjoy the sport. Their uniqueness lies in the fact that they are the only ski slopes in the region and they used to attract many tourists before the civil war and became to attract more the past years until Nasralla took a subtle decision in the past summer.

A vacation in Lebanon, you would enjoy much more than just skiing, trust me on that. Top-notch skiing I am not sure about though :p

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm very good at multiple choice. I don't think I've ever failed such a test. Thing is, when you're studying history you almost always have to write answers in the form of short essays. Last year I got lucky several times, so I didn't fail an exam. But I have a very bad feeling about the one tomorrow.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
I'm very good at multiple choice. I don't think I've ever failed such a test. Thing is, when you're studying history you almost always have to write answers in the form of short essays. Last year I got lucky several times, so I didn't fail an exam. But I have a very bad feeling about the one tomorrow.
Multiple choice is a cakewalk, half the questions in the 2nd half answer those in the first half for you. If you have no idea as to what the question is about, you can typically narrow it down to 1 or 2 possibilities anyways.

Essay questions are significantly harder, but on history you can always throw in some really general themes and bullshit your way into getting an 80 or so

That is, of course, without factoring in the assumption that european uni's are much tougher than american high schools :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)