Nhl (10 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Nick, currently the Habs are in sixth place, and on a 3-game winning streak.

Michael Ryder may end up winning Rookie of the Year if he keeps up his pace, Theodore is playing out of his mind, and they bought out Audette's contract and may do the same to Kilger so that they can bring up some more young players.

Kudos to Gainey, he is doing this the right way.

PS- Ribeiro is actually playing pretty well. Remember, he's only 23

Buy on AliExpress.com

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Sergio

I heard that Ryder is on fire. I have not seen him play though. Theo really surprises me because I thought that a few years back with his Hart and Vezina trophy that it got to his head and the next year he looked like Mathieu Garon's back up. Plus this year wasn't there an issue with him and organized crime or something? Guy is surprising me. Ribiero..I just mention him because the Habs have insisted on trying to make something of these players year in and year out. I know they are trying the homegrown experiment but was all those years of the terrible Brisebois and all that money thrown at him (how else would give him that kind of $$) really worth it for his one or two years of solid playing. In any other team he would have been out of there long ago or back to the minors.
By the way, how is Saku doing??
Audette was a good move...
Gainey is the first GM post-Savard who actually has a vision and gameplan. The rest of those kids: Houle, Andre Savard were really rookie's and being taken for a ride at times. GOD the Roy trade! :down: Recchi! Ugh!

Sergio: Ever been to the Bell/Molson Center to watch a game??

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Nick, I've taken the 9 hour drive up to Montreal a few times.

The Bell Centre is absolutely stunning. A beautiful arena with a great view no matter where you sit.

Concession shops are a little pricey (What, you say?? 275.00 for an authentic Koivu jersey?? Like I have a choice??)

The city itself is wonderful, I fall in love with it every time I go there. Definitely the most "european" style city in North America, so that's probably why.

The best part of it are all the beautiful women who are walking around in cut-off tees in the middle of february, when it's -6 degrees celsius. (did I spell that right??)

We need to take a road trip, You, me, and our significant others up to Montreal if you ever come back to the states for an extended time. We usually get there around 11:30 at night and head right for the clubs,(Hard Rock Montreal, et al).

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If you want to listen to any of the games, you can go on CJAD.com, and download the media player that is required, or you can go on NHL.com and listen to it there as well.

God, I love the Canadiens.:touched:

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Sergio...
Yes I've been to Montreal many times. The city is "incroyable". Crescent street. St. Laurent Street...fuggetabdoudit! On my last trip I discovered Little Italy...its pretty authentic. Not as touristy as Canal ... its OLD SCHOOL. No English language spoken...Gazzetta dello Sport's all over the cafe's. Canoli's, Lobster Tail's, Napoletana Pizza ... The women! Man OH Man..you are correct Sir!
I haven't seen many Habs games maybe a hand ful in my life. The last one a few years back (first and only time at the Bell Center) vs. the Flames. Highlight was Quintal kicking ass.
There is one memorable game I saw: you might remember: Habs-Whalers Game 7 1986 ... Claude Lemieux scores in overtime. :touched: I was a semi-kid but I remember my Dad brought me along for a business trip and we got tickets for the game..standing room only! Ah man...the road to the Cup.

Sergio: What was the complete story with Theo and his family being in the Mob? What have you heard? I never got the whole story here.

P.S. Your wife must be pretty cool letting you go watch Juve games in NY...taking pics with Neddy...off to Montreal for Habs games.
Does she have any sisters ;) :D Only if they are as :cool:
eheheh

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Hell yes, I remember that game.

I also remember quite well Game 6, 1993 Cup Finals, as Paul Di Pietro (remember him?) and John Leclair were putting the final nails in the coffin to the Kings, and me sitting there in front of the big screen with tears just streaming down my face, as my wife (girlfriend at the time), just sat there next to me and put her hand on my shoulder. We had only been going out for 4 months at the time, but she could tell how special this was.

She goes with me to Montreal, and she went with me to the Juve matches, the tradeoff being that I go with her to Dave matthews band shows.

She's very special, and quite :cool: as well. Her sister gopt married a few months ago, bro. Sorry.

What, with your charm, you should be pulling in the honeys left and right.

What I love about Montreal, is you can get up and take a walk on Rue St. Catherines, walk past the Super Sexe strip club, and walk into a place like International news, grab a cup of coffee and a Cuban cigar in one swoop, and enjoy two of the finest examples of decadence in a gorgeous city.

BTW, I read your post in the awards thread. I just turn the other cheek now. If it gets too nasty on certain subjects, I'll just pass over it, and think with my head instead of my heart all the time. I don't harbor any ill will towards anyone here. I'm sorry I wasn't there to stick up for you, my friend, when they attacked. It's the least I should have done.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++

BTW, I read your post in the awards thread. I just turn the other cheek now. If it gets too nasty on certain subjects, I'll just pass over it, and think with my head instead of my heart all the time. I don't harbor any ill will towards anyone here. I'm sorry I wasn't there to stick up for you, my friend, when they attacked. It's the least I should have done.
nah don't do that Sergio...they would ostracize you even more. Let it go..don't worry about it. Its done.
Hey don't worry about the sister: My gf here wouldn't approve anyhow! :D All I have to do now is convince my gf to move to a country she doesn't understand a word and we can catch that Montreal game together!

yes I remember DiPietro well...what a playoff run...I remember one particular goal I think vs. Hartford as well..first round. Overtime goal and in one match he scored like 4 goals..last one celebrated sliding around on his knees.
Saint Pat was in the house then! I guess Brisebois is all we have left from those days. Right? Wow 10 years and + already!

I think if anyone will bring glory back to les bleu blanc et rouge it will be Captain Gainey! Go Habs Go!

P.S. Have you ever been to Montreal F1 Week-END? MAMMA MIA!!!

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
Last nights games:

NY Islanders -Calgary 2-3 (0-1,2-2,0-0)

Carolina - St Louis 2-0 (2-0,0-0,0-0)

Toronto - Nashville 2-1 (0-0,0-1,2-0)

Montreal - Buffalo 3-1 (2-0,0-0,1-1)

Ottawa - Tampa Bay 5-2 (1-1,3-1,1-0)

Colorado - Columbus 6-0 (0-0,4-0,2-0)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If they play like they did last night when they got whacked at home 7-1 against Ottawa, then it won't happen.

The Leafs, Uggghhhhh:yuck:

I have one word for you glenn.

1967 :D:D:D

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Yes 1967 that's why this must be our year ;)

When I used to live in Toronto, I remember people saying that they would go out naked in the streets to celebrate the Stanley Cup. Unluckily New Jersey were of a different opinion :(

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Yes 1967 that's why this must be our year ;)
People in Totonto have been saying that since 1968:D

Seriously , you do have a pretty complete team this year, but its VERY old. This may be the last chance

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Well yeah. I can't really discuss in detail NHL since I don't get too see many games here and obviously they're all films. But I follow the news so I know more or less what's happening.

To be honest though, I didn't know that Curtis Joseph had left the Leafs until I saw him in another gear! What a keeper that was.

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
If they play like they did last night when they got whacked at home 7-1 against Ottawa, then it won't happen.
Mats Sundin didn't play last night. Might be a reason for them losing.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
7-1? I doubt it. A lot of people don't like him, especially the 'true canadians' apparently cos they say that since he is not Canadian, he does not give his best especially during the playoffs.

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
7-1? I doubt it. A lot of people don't like him, especially the 'true canadians' apparently cos they say that since he is not Canadian, he does not give his best especially during the playoffs.
Are we talking about Sundin now?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Umm, with all due respect to Sundin, who has worn the Captain's "C" quite well over the years, he wouldn't have made much difference.

Ottawa's forwards were buzzing all around the net, and the defense did a poor job of clearing out the rebounds.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Loppan, very rarely do you see a foreign player excel in the playoffs, especially recently. It could be due to the fact that in the playoffs, the action is much more defensive and physical, and that doesn't suit a european's game too much.

The only notable exceptions lately have been Peter Forsberg, and Niklas Lidstrom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)