Neymar - Forward - PSG (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I can see you're getting a bit excited and didn't really take in what I said.

He's obviously doing a good job living his life how he wants, but no one can really say how much better he would be if he was more of a strict professional. Impossible to gauge, but they can't all be like CR7.
Honestly I'm already satisfied with the squad we have now. But of course wouldn't want to pass on a deal like this, if rumors are true. I'm happy whatever the outcome.

But how much better could he get? I mean he reached a level that would put him in the top player position in the world if it wasn't for Ronaldo and Messi. But again it's impossible to know if he can stay at that level given the injuries and all. Ronaldo is hors concours, he's a beast physically.

- - - Updated - - -

I think his playing style influences his injuries more than his personal life. When you insist on holding the ball so much and goading opponents, you will take much more punishment.

If the injuries are not directly caused by tackles, the wear and tear of constant knocks will surely build up.
Agreed but not only because of his style but his personality as well. Some players hate him (For good reason) and will try to rough him up.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
I think his playing style influences his injuries more than his personal life. When you insist on holding the ball so much and goading opponents, you will take much more punishment.

If the injuries are not directly caused by tackles, the wear and tear of constant knocks will surely build up.
This he invites injury and bad tackles with the way he plays he hasnt learned since he was younger.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Isn't it common knowledge that alcohol consumption and lack of sleep hampers the body's ability to recover (from the rigours of training and matches in this case)? And could result in getting injured more easily?
I dont question the consequences of unhealthy life style, what I wonder is how he knows what Neymar is doing privately, to what excess etc. To the point of proclaiming it's the precise reason he is getting injured.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yes, it's pretty well documented now as well. Lack of sleep in particular causes a lot more health issues than people are aware of. For example heart attacks increase by about 25% during the spring loss of just one hour's sleep for daylight savings. Muscle and joint health are part of a long list that can be affected by lack of sleep.

There is a reason why pros in modern football are warned off partying, drinking, being out late etc, in excess. To what level Neymar is doing it I've no idea. The other thing is a professional attitude, because you can do it in down time but Juve are famously strict with these things. Dani Alves moaned because he couldn't play his shit music and dance around, ffs.

This is what he said recently.

So yes, while his stats might be good or very good, we really don't know for sure how detrimental his behaviour is to his fitness or stats. He might have fantastic stats instead, he might have less injuries, but it seems clear that he isn't going to change his ways. Lolzilian...
When has it effected his performances tho? I barely even hear he comes late to training or is absent (unless he is trying to force his way out like now), like we constantly used to hear for Ronaldinho, Adriano, Romario (he didnt give a fvck) fat Ronaldo etc. Only time I seriously heard he blew off his responsibilities is faking reasons to go to his sisters birthday.

Neymar is extremely consistent on the pitch, and seems dedicated enough to take care of himself to maintain that consistency.

If he is as unserious as the typical caricature he is compared to, it should have a bigger effect on his career and performances. Cant say we are noticing that, can we?

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Exactly. He is an insanely brilliant dribbler. Probably one of the top few best ever. And he likes to show it constantly. So his playful playstyle since he was a teen leads to getting kicked to bits ALOT (and besides just taking it, it leads to him diving alot). That wear and tear breaks you down a bit after a while. Just look up the kind of injuries he is suffering from lately.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
All we know for sure is that he has incestuous relationships with his mom and sister. That is definitely not healthy
Lol. I dont question the sis thing, they just close, and they dot on each other in pics and tattoos.

But sexually fondling his mother? Genuine wtf...

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Exactly. He is an insanely brilliant dribbler. Probably one of the top few best ever. And he likes to show it constantly. So his playful playstyle since he was a teen leads to getting kicked to bits ALOT (and besides just taking it, it leads to him diving alot). That wear and tear breaks you down a bit after a while. Just look up the kind of injuries he is suffering from lately.
Nobody gets kicked more than him.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
When has it effected his performances tho? I barely even hear he comes late to training or is absent (unless he is trying to force his way out like now), like we constantly used to hear for Ronaldinho, Adriano, Romario (he didnt give a fvck) fat Ronaldo etc. Only time I seriously heard he blew off his responsibilities is faking reasons to go to his sisters birthday.

Neymar is extremely consistent on the pitch, and seems dedicated enough to take care of himself to maintain that consistency.

If he is as unserious as the typical caricature he is compared to, it should have a bigger effect on his career and performances. Cant say we are noticing that, can we?
I''ve drank alcohol and I have partied but I never had issues with my knees.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Injuries are only issues if they consistently appear in the same area. The thing that concerns me is the fact he had had a few foot injuries although I am not sure if it was the same foot and the same part of the foot.

The idea that alcohol had anything to do with for injuries is absurd. If he drinks a lot of alcohol it would affect his performance more than anything else.

The one thing I will add about Neymar who in my opinion is when fit easily within the top 5 players in the world (and still a higher level than Dybala)...... Is that when PSG bought him... His global appeal and popularity was extremely high. These days and especially after his antics at the last world cup and rape allegations etc.... His image had gone down a lot.... That should affect his commercial appeal which is used to in part justify his cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)