Neymar - Forward - PSG (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
What do you base this on? He is getting knee injuries because he drinks too much alcohol and doesnt sleep? You need to type it out, where did you get this from?
Isn't it common knowledge that alcohol consumption and lack of sleep hampers the body's ability to recover (from the rigours of training and matches in this case)? And could result in getting injured more easily?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Dani Alves recently offered himself back to Juve right? Which means something must be brewing :snoop:
Good point but Alves is also a nutcase so hard to draw conclusions from someone who isn't rational anyway

- - - Updated - - -

I have injured myself many times when I've been wasted. :think:
As long as you learned something each time it wasn't in vain

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yes, it's pretty well documented now as well. Lack of sleep in particular causes a lot more health issues than people are aware of. For example heart attacks increase by about 25% during the spring loss of just one hour's sleep for daylight savings. Muscle and joint health are part of a long list that can be affected by lack of sleep.

There is a reason why pros in modern football are warned off partying, drinking, being out late etc, in excess. To what level Neymar is doing it I've no idea. The other thing is a professional attitude, because you can do it in down time but Juve are famously strict with these things. Dani Alves moaned because he couldn't play his shit music and dance around, ffs.

"I do not think that my social life hinders my performance on the pitch," Neymar told Globo Esporte. "In fact, I even find it funny that what I do off the pitch gets compared with what I do on it.

"My statistics on the pitch are still very good. I said back during the [2016] Olympics that 'my personal life is my personal life.' I will keep going, doing what I think I should do, because it is me -- my business.

"On the pitch, I can be questioned -- [journalists] are there to talk about my performances. You can talk about that. Away from the pitch, I will take care of myself. If I want to do it, I will do it -- my life is mine, I am 27."
This is what he said recently.

So yes, while his stats might be good or very good, we really don't know for sure how detrimental his behaviour is to his fitness or stats. He might have fantastic stats instead, he might have less injuries, but it seems clear that he isn't going to change his ways. Lolzilian...

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Yes, it's pretty well documented now as well. Lack of sleep in particular causes a lot more health issues than people are aware of. For example heart attacks increase by about 25% during the spring loss of just one hour's sleep for daylight savings. Muscle and joint health are part of a long list that can be affected by lack of sleep.

There is a reason why pros in modern football are warned off partying, drinking, being out late etc, in excess. To what level Neymar is doing it I've no idea. The other thing is a professional attitude, because you can do it in down time but Juve are famously strict with these things. Dani Alves moaned because he couldn't play his shit music and dance around, ffs.

This is what he said recently.

So yes, while his stats might be good or very good, we really don't know for sure how detrimental his behaviour is to his fitness or stats. He might have fantastic stats instead, he might have less injuries, but it seems clear that he isn't going to change his ways. Lolzilian...
Who says he needs to? He's cunt and will stay a cunt. But if he can keep up his performances to the same level we're accustomed to it doesn't matter one bit. Like he said his personal life is his personal life as long as it doesn't interfere with his profession. Give me results and help us grab trophies, the rest is irrelevant. And lack of sleep, really? It's 2019 who the fuck sleeps well nowadays? I honestly don't know anyone.

Also are we really that strict anymore? Sarri?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I can see you're getting a bit excited and didn't really take in what I said.

He's obviously doing a good job living his life how he wants, but no one can really say how much better he would be if he was more of a strict professional. Impossible to gauge, but they can't all be like CR7.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
false

personal life becomes important depending on profession you maggot.

a soldier or politician, or police officer writing dumb shit on their facebook or being drunk and causing a public distrubance, is punishable because there is a certain code of conduct you adhere to. and when you job pays you millions of dollars the least you can do is respect that code of conduct from your employer..

notice most of the time the players that break this code is Brazilians ghetto trash. because they can't fathom what being professional means. once ghetto trash always ghetto trash

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I think his playing style influences his injuries more than his personal life. When you insist on holding the ball so much and goading opponents, you will take much more punishment.

If the injuries are not directly caused by tackles, the wear and tear of constant knocks will surely build up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)