Neymar - Forward - PSG (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
a lot of people are saying "oh well..robinho was the same and look at him now"....robinho was never the same as neymar, these skills at 19 can only get better and he can't get any slim than he already is. he needs to fatten up ala c ronaldo style.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
robinho always had the skills but not at this level, or maybe i'm too biased on neymar, anwyays found this, excelent quality :p

oh and left foot, right foot, doesn't matter, plays the same, makes the same things with any of them

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Not in this level, similar style, but Neymar is by far another kind of beast.
Okay, but a flashy player does not a Cristiano make. This guy still strikes me as one of these countless players who are a little too amused by what they can do to focus on the bigger picture. What made Ronaldo special (overused word, yes) from early on was his passion to score by any means possible. He's a skillful midfielder, yet the number of goals he scored for the NT from headers..

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
blʘndu;3602901 said:
a lot of people are saying "oh well..robinho was the same and look at him now"....robinho was never the same as neymar, these skills at 19 can only get better and he can't get any slim than he already is. he needs to fatten up ala c ronaldo style.
fatten ? you mean buff up

wich he should or he'll be bullied of the pitch by equally fast, but ten times stronger players

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
fergie released the beast in him, playing him next to rooney in a 4-4-2... mou settled him and made him look up when he has the ball, playing with more brains, doing defensive duties, still he scores a lot but in that mickey mouse league it ain't bad + the team he has around him.

neymar can become something like a messi, more selfish but if he toys all kind of defenders even wc then he must not adapt his game...depends on his future transfer, a transfer at barca or real would kill him. he needs to be the star where he plays if not he will be just another robinho.

---------- Post added 05.04.2012 at 23:58 ----------

fatten ? you mean buff up

wich he should or he'll be bullied of the pitch by equally fast, but ten times stronger players
yes :) my english isn't very good

agreed, but he can get his fouls, not sure of how continuous his career would be with that body, he can very easily turn into an injury prone

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
All I'm going to say is you need to watch Neymar more, he is flashy and overly showy, but he brings everything else a real quality player needs regardless, he puts on a show, buts essentially just a fun style for him (very exciting to watch), at the end of the day he punishes these opposition defenders he "humiliates" with flashy moves but by dummying or dazzling them, but by also consistently scoring or assisting against them. He is just 20 years old and he has scored nearly 100 goals and assisted a third of that at the least. To say he is just a flashy player is being ignorant of the player he is. Let me put it in simple terms, 20 year old Neymar >>>> 20 year old Cristiano.

I get it if you said he needs to bulk a tad more (but not so he loses his insane quick footwork and reflexes, Ronaldo for example bulked up too much IMO for what he used to be), or that he needs to improve his decision making at times. But to dismiss him as a flashy player or as a "Robinho" is not knowing who Neymar the player is.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
All I'm going to say is you need to watch Neymar more, he is flashy and overly showy, but he brings everything else a real quality player needs regardless, he puts on a show, buts essentially just a fun style for him (very exciting to watch), at the end of the day he punishes these opposition defenders he "humiliates" with flashy moves but by dummying or dazzling them, but by also consistently scoring or assisting against them. He is just 20 years old and he has scored nearly 100 goals and assisted a third of that at the least. To say he is just a flashy player is being ignorant of the player he is. Let me put it in simple terms, 20 year old Neymar >>>> 20 year old Cristiano.
If you don't let me make snap generalizations then I have to study each case separately, which means my knowledge is zero and I have nothing to say. :D

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

I get it if you said he needs to bulk a tad more (but not so he loses his insane quick footwork and reflexes, Ronaldo for example bulked up too much IMO for what he used to be), or that he needs to improve his decision making at times. But to dismiss him as a flashy player or as a "Robinho" is not knowing who Neymar the player is.
Bulk up, thats alike 90ties ronaldo before his horror knee injury at inter.

before the injury, he was pretty buff, yet EXTREMELY quick and fast feet

after the injury, he was fat, yet still relatively fast, and still fast feet

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
that i agree...let's see where he'll be heading. the best club for him imo is united (after us of course :D)...a big powerfull club with no big wc talent to overshine him..he'll get played and he can follow a ronaldo career.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Martin: You made good comparison with Ronaldo (who is very driven yes, though Neymar would hardly be much less when he has carried a big clubs hopes, and now big nation, since he was 17), but yeah just saying you are off base on Neymar. Its too bad he wont be coming to Europe any time soon for you to watch him regurarly, but needless to say this mofo is a special kind of player, one not to be dismissed to soon.

---------- Post added 05.04.2012 at 23:06 ----------

Bulk up, thats alike 90ties ronaldo before his horror knee injury at inter.

before the injury, he was pretty buff, yet EXTREMELY quick and fast feet

after the injury, he was fat, yet still relatively fast, and still fast feet
I was referring to Cristiano Ronaldo, real Ronaldo is whole another story, and it was due to lifestyle choice and injuries. while Cristiano bulked up too robustly IMO and lost the flair and style he had in early days United due to it. Neymar needs to bulk up a little, but not too much, and certainly not like the real Ronaldo, who naturally had such type of physique, that wouldnt fit Neymar at all. You can more toned and stronger without building yourself up to kind of sheer power Ronaldo used to have since early teens.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
You made good comparison with Ronaldo (who is very driven yes, though Neymar would hardly be much less when he has carried a big clubs hopes, and now big nation, since he was 17), but yeah just saying you are off base on Neymar. Its too bad he wont be coming to Europe any time soon for you to watch him regurarly, but needless to say this mofo is a special kind of player, one not to be dismissed to soon.
Unless he'd be playing for the British School outside Leiden, which I go past every day on the train, there's no way I would be seeing him regularly anyway.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Martin: You made good comparison with Ronaldo (who is very driven yes, though Neymar would hardly be much less when he has carried a big clubs hopes, and now big nation, since he was 17), but yeah just saying you are off base on Neymar. Its too bad he wont be coming to Europe any time soon for you to watch him regurarly, but needless to say this mofo is a special kind of player, one not to be dismissed to soon.

---------- Post added 05.04.2012 at 23:06 ----------

I was referring to Cristiano Ronaldo, real Ronaldo is whole another story, and it was due to lifestyle choice and injuries. while Cristiano bulked up too robustly IMO and lost the flair and style he had in early days United due to it. Neymar needs to bulk up a little, but not too much, and certainly not like the real Ronaldo, who naturally had such type of physique, that wouldnt fit Neymar at all. You can more toned and stronger without building yourself up to kind of sheer power Ronaldo used to have since early teens.
I know you were referring to cristiano, but thats a hard comparison, because of the size of the player. with his lenght, he became a much more complete player, deadly from any range, still got his touch, remained incredibly fast, and is a huge treat with his head.

only thing that dropped was his flair and agility really. whilst that is sad, it technically made him more complete and better.now, if he had nedveds mind and lead the team instead of choke on big occasions....

I compared to old ronaldo, because in his teens, he wasent really buff. he went trough some hormone/anabolic treatment for something i forgot, ended up beeing pretty good physically, but still massively fast, burning acceleration, and still all those tricks and dribbels.

Neymar will never come close to the MASSIVE talent ronaldo was before his injury. best striker i ever saw play

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
ronaldo is unique...nobody will be the same like him...the best striker i saw...i soo wanted to do the triple and join us too :D but nobody is comparing neymar to him..atm neymar is nothing, just the biggest talent in brazil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)