Neymar - Forward - PSG (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
There's nothing more stupid than saying that the kid does what he does because Brazilian league is $#@!ty.

It definitely isn't. The most talented Brazilian players are playing here right now, and even though this isn't the best generation, Brazil still produces a lot of good players. And the clubs have the money to retain them.

Another point: we're talking about a country which is 5 times Champion of the World. How can people treat the league in such disrespect?

I'd rate it as the 4th best league in the world, along with Bundesliga.

Neymar is 20 now and already has scored more 100 goals in his career. For the NT, he's already the most important player (for sometime now) and scores 1 out of every 2 games. He was decisive winning Copa Libertadores for Santos, which is a very tough competition. He's NOT a show poney, he's not hype. He is truly amazing, and I wish he could go to Juve... Paying 40/45M for him would be good business, as he's unique, very healthy (he never gets injured), humble and young. Unfortunately, that's just not happening.
:agree: only problem is he's Brazilian, and Brazilian stars in recent years have serious discipline and professional problems (Ronaldinho, Adriano, Robinho...) they can go from being genius players to averages in a matter of months.

If he's as professional as most European or even Argentinian players Then he'd be a steal even for 45 millions.

England, Spain and Italy - the top 3

Brazil and Germany - 4th place

thats what I meant :)
French league is better, The Brazilian league is better than the Portuguese League. that's makes it 5th best league IMO.

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
I don't think we have a chance in hell to get him, even talking about it is ridiculous, assuming we're going to pay the mountain of cash that will be asked for him we might as well invest it in someone proven already in Serie A, Lavezzi for example.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Neymar is better then lavezzi, you will notice that by just watching both of them. For one, he scores way more easily then Lavezzi who struggles to score double digits over full season, while playing exact same position as Neymar. Even if its overhyping and overrating (in a too-soonish way), there is a reason he is compared to Messi and not Lavezzi. Talent wise comes after Messi and Ronaldo more or less.

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
Neymar is better then lavezzi, you will notice that by just watching both of them. For one, he scores way more easily then Lavezzi who struggles to score double digits over full season, while playing exact same position as Neymar. Even if its overhyping and overrating (in a too-soonish way), there is a reason he is compared to Messi and not Lavezzi. Talent wise comes after Messi and Ronaldo more or less.
Lavezzi is already in Serie A while Neymar is still just potential.
Lavezzi will probably cost half as much.
We won't be getting Neymar.....ever :)

Edit: Mind you, probably we won't be getting Lavezzi as well.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I'm not talking about wether or not we are getting him or can get him, but in this quoted bit of yours: "assuming we're going to pay the mountain of cash that will be asked for him we might as well invest it in someone proven already in Serie A, Lavezzi for example." You are putting it like if we could possibly get him, we should get someone like Lavezzi instead because he is proven in Serie A or such (there are tons of WC players heaps better then these "proven" in Serie A players, league only has handful of WC players). When the main relevant bit in this comparison is that Neymar is better then Lavezzi, and is exactly why he prolly will cost alot more.

Though getting Lavezzi will hardly be cheap for us, Napoli selling him to us for less then 30-35m I see as extremely unlikely, them selling to us in general as highly unlikely. Plus there are quite a few better options to get over him for such sums.

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
I'm not talking about wether or not we are getting him or can get him, but in this quoted bit of yours: "assuming we're going to pay the mountain of cash that will be asked for him we might as well invest it in someone proven already in Serie A, Lavezzi for example." You are putting it like if we could possibly get him, we should get someone like Lavezzi instead because he is proven in Serie A or such (there are tons of WC players heaps better then these "proven" in Serie A players, league only has handful of WC players). When the main relevant bit in this comparison is that Neymar is better then Lavezzi, and is exactly why he prolly will cost alot more.

Though getting Lavezzi will hardly be cheap for us, Napoli selling him to us for less then 30-35m I see as extremely unlikely, them selling to us in general as highly unlikely. Plus there are quite a few better options to get over him for such sums.
It all comes down to whether you are a risk taker or not, tbh i am not and i don't trust a lot of players outside of Serie A because i have seen tons of proven super stars and not just a ''soon to be'' who became utter crap after switching leagues besides i do not have faith in Brazilian players of all others for obvious reasons so for us since we're not Real Madrid or Barcelona who can afford to buy a player for 50-60 million only to turn out to be a flop Lavezzi is a better option, also note that Neymar is already overvalued and overrated and he could very well be the next Robinho.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It all comes down to whether you are a risk taker or not, tbh i am not and i don't trust a lot of players outside of Serie A because i have seen tons of proven super stars and not just a ''soon to be'' who became utter crap after switching leagues besides i do not have faith in Brazilian players of all others for obvious reasons so for us since we're not Real Madrid or Barcelona who can afford to buy a player for 50-60 million only to turn out to be a flop Lavezzi is a better option, also note that Neymar is already overvalued and overrated and he could very well be the next Robinho.
The best players in the world, whom alot of them are south americans, what were where they before they were bought to Europe?

Buying a 20 year old who has already scored 100 goals, be main reason why he's club won Copa Libertadores, scores consistently for the biggiest NT on the planet, is hardly the riskiest risk to take to say the least.

The same Lavezzi you want us to get, he was considered as someone who was "struggling" in Argentina with San Lorenzo, Napoli bought him fairly cheap and he instantly started performing for them (think he got first hattrick since Maradona days or something lol). So essentially you recommend we roll our thumbs and wait til they cost 20-40 millions instead? :p

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
The best players in the world, whom alot of them are south americans, what were where they before they were bought to Europe?

Buying a 20 year old who has already scored 100 goals, be main reason why he's club won Copa Libertadores, scores consistently for the biggiest NT on the planet, is hardly the riskiest risk to take to say the least.

The same Lavezzi you want us to get, he was considered as someone who was "struggling" in Argentina with San Lorenzo, Napoli bought him fairly cheap and he instantly started performing for them (think he got first hattrick since Maradona days or something lol). So essentially you recommend we roll our thumbs and wait til they cost 20-40 millions instead? :p
Exactly what i am trying to say, Neymar is not even here yet and he'd probably cost double that figure, besides as i told you i don't have much faith in Brazilians in particular so much drama so many prima donas. If you want to find the next Lavezzi or the next Messi for 5 million or even 10 million which is still a bit high for potential straight from SA be my guest but Neymar already costs as much as a super star and he isn't even one yet. :)

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
The preoccupation regarding Brazilian players' attitude is very understandable, there is a whole generation which was lost because of this.

But anyway, Neymar is a very hardworking young fellow. And if you take Ronaldinho, Ronaldo or Adriano's case, they all started to fall and lack motivation in their late 20s. Apart from Adriano (which is a unique case, IMO), they all worked hard at least till they were 27/28.

So, even if this happens to Neymar (who so far has been very professional - the kid has played more than 70 games last year), it will take around 7 or 8 years. He has a lot to give yet, and a lot of room for improvement.

People are afraid he could be the next Robinho, but it is very clear that he's better. He's more objective and has much, much better grounding in passing and shooting. Also, he's not a selfish player. Robinho's talent was more raw, with a lot of dribbling, but poor passing and shooting.

I'm pretty sure he's the next on the line after Messi and Ronaldo. But anyway, he's not leaving Santos until the 2014 WC, and he could even stay after that (he's earning around 3M/month in wages and sponsorship).

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I definitely can, because his game is not only based on his physical prowess, but also on skills and intelligence.

Also, he gets beaten bad pretty much every single game... the game in South America is tougher and much more unloyal and dirty than in Europe.. and he never had an injury so far in his career, if I'm not wrong. He's very strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)