Neymar - Forward - PSG (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I'm not saying it's bad or not effective, specialy in this particular situation, but in general I don't like this kind of dribblers.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If you cant pull it off and lose possession doing "moves" then yeah your coach can tell you off, but Neymar pulls off alot of moves EFFECTIVELY so there is not a single reason his coach would even dream of forbidding anything. I mean he was standing around 1-3 defenders close by, and he managed to get past and get one of them sent off, as effective as it gets for a sitaution like that.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Got to say neymar is the last person (since the Brazilian Ronaldo) that I can think of who can use both his legs equally as good.

And that's a really hard skill to adapt specially in dribbling (those who played the game would know what I mean).

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yes, being able to use both legs makes a world of difference with direct dribbling. Whilst not the same skill level or position, Marchisio is another example of someone who has this ability.

When defending a one footed player you can position your body to deal with the threat from that area, but trying to defend someone who can come off both sides means that defenders are tempted to get too square-on and be left flat footed.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Yes, being able to use both legs makes a world of difference with direct dribbling. Whilst not the same skill level or position, Marchisio is another example of someone who has this ability.

When defending a one footed player you can position your body to deal with the threat from that area, but trying to defend someone who can come off both sides means that defenders are tempted to get too square-on and be left flat footed.
Always thought defenders should take Messi left leg out and force him right, but he's very good and especially quick at changing directions it's impossible to use that against him.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008

:agree: exactly

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah Messi has such low gravity and strength that he just wriggles to the right, but he'll most often try to come to his left side when he goes to the right anyway. He dribbles in such short bursts and touches he always seems to have time to open his body up to do that. Plus his right foot is hardly bad, at least good enough to hit into an empty net :D

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Yeah Messi has such low gravity and strength that he just wriggles to the right, but he'll most often try to come to his left side when he goes to the right anyway. He dribbles in such short bursts and touches he always seems to have time to open his body up to do that. Plus his right foot is hardly bad, at least good enough to hit into an empty net :D
:D His right foot isn't bad while shooting, but you'll rarely see him driving the ball with his foot, like you said even if he goes right he'll try to get back to his left foot as quickly as possible.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Anyone saw Santo's game last night?!! Damn this kid is $#@!ing amazing. And people saying he is overrated have never seen him play or are just hating for no reason.
You mean against Bhaia or sthing? nah but I saw their Game against Bolivar (And Their 2-2 Against Internacional). what struck me was that he's not that selfish. I think his 2nd goal was an OG while he was trying to pass the ball to Ganso or someone on an open chance.
The opponents get 5-6 yellow cards (and usually a red) per game just trying to stop him, I mean he can be useful even on his off days :D.
what he needs is good tough discipline. A team like Juve or Manure would turn him into a professional beast. not that I think he'll come here or we'll buy him.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
You mean against Bhaia or sthing? nah but I saw their Game against Bolivar (And Their 2-2 Against Internacional). what struck me was that he's not that selfish. I think his 2nd goal was an OG while he was trying to pass the ball to Ganso or someone on an open chance.
The opponents get 5-6 yellow cards (and usually a red) per game just trying to stop him, I mean he can be useful even on his off days :D.
what he needs is good tough discipline. A team like Juve or Manure would turn him into a professional beast. not that I think he'll come here or we'll buy him.
:agree: matured a lot the past year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)