Next coach (3 Viewers)

Who do you want to see as our new coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
No he didn't? We were linked with that PSG full back to replace Cancelo, Icardi as a striker and there was no concrete links for midfield. And Costas replacement was probably Chiesa.

If he wanted those players gone it wasn't to find similar replacements otherwise why bother

Allegri showed us time and time again he'd resort back to the same trusty technically average players regardless of who was fit

Cancelo benched for MDS, Matuidi untouchable on the left, Dybala frozen out and Costa when fit benched in big games

Allegri prefers steady players. This is not good.
Don't forget the reluctance to play Spinazzola.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Allegri: 'Great' Coach will replace me
by Football Italia19 minutes ago
Max Allegri says he had ‘five wonderful years’ in charge of Juventus, who ‘will choose a great Coach’ to replace him.
Satirical news programme ‘Striscia la Notizia’ caught up with Allegri on Friday after news broke of his departure to present him with the ‘Tapiro d’Oro’ – or Golden Tapir.

“It took five years to build this Juve, but that’s that. Life goes, comes and goes,” he said.
“I’m going home now, then I’ll have a little break by the sea.
“I don’t know [who will replace me], but Juve will choose a great Coach because Juventus are a great club.
“It’s been five years of wonderful love. Five years for me are so many!”
The gag prize is given to someone who has been notably embarrassed or defeated in the preceding week.
F1

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Don't forget the reluctance to play Spinazzola.
Yes that too. Even though he showed more promise in a few appearances than AS all season.

Allegri wanted defensive minded players everywhere on the field. This surely isn't up for debate after this season's team selections lol. He persevered with hideously out of form players because their alternatives were a completely different type of player. In no world did Allegri want to replace out of favour Dybala, Cancelo, Costa etc to bring in players just like them.

Peps wishlist would be the polar opposite of Allegris.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Getting rid of our last two coaches because they wanted input on transfer policy to sign freakin Pep.

Imagine being ignorant enough to think that will happen.
Conte had a point. Allegri is mismanaging one of the best attacks on paper in the world and sticking to the same old shit that seen us outscored by fucking Atalanta and CR getting beasted by Quagliarella and turned into Andy Carroll for headers. I'd be done too if I was Agnelli and my managers wishlist involved getting rid of any life we had left in the squad.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Getting rid of our last two coaches because they wanted input on transfer policy to sign freakin Pep.

Imagine being ignorant enough to think that will happen.
This is what doesn't make sense. If the last two coaches parted ways with you because you didn't want to invest the way they want too what makes Tuz think pep would come

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Conte had a point. Allegri is mismanaging one of the best attacks on paper in the world and sticking to the same old shit that seen us outscored by fucking Atalanta and CR getting beasted by Quagliarella and turned into Andy Carroll for headers. I'd be done too if I was Agnelli and my managers wishlist involved getting rid of any life we had left in the squad.
Absolutely, our midfield needs a lot of work, but even with the players we have, we can do so much better.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Yes that too. Even though he showed more promise in a few appearances than AS all season.

Allegri wanted defensive minded players everywhere on the field. This surely isn't up for debate after this season's team selections lol. He persevered with hideously out of form players because their alternatives were a completely different type of player. In no world did Allegri want to replace out of favour Dybala, Cancelo, Costa etc to bring in players just like them.

Peps wishlist would be the polar opposite of Allegris.
Yes, it's really hard to think that Allegri would be requesting the profile of players he never plays. Matuidi, every, single, game beside Ronaldo. Then Paratici goes out and buys Ramsey and says his best position is basically Matuidi's current position. That was when my interest piqued.

There's a disconnect between the board and the coach in the transfer market. The board simply won't give up the control of transfers because it will be a short-sighted disaster from Max just like it would have been from Conte.

I think their philosophy will always be, "We will buy the players and you coach them. Sometimes we will buy fucking Ronaldo, so just sit tight and do your best."

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
No he didn't? We were linked with that PSG full back to replace Cancelo, Icardi as a striker and there was no concrete links for midfield. And Costas replacement was probably Chiesa.

If he wanted those players gone it wasn't to find similar replacements otherwise why bother

Allegri showed us time and time again he'd resort back to the same trusty technically average players regardless of who was fit

Cancelo benched for MDS, Matuidi untouchable on the left, Dybala frozen out and Costa when fit benched in big games

Allegri prefers steady players. This is not good.
Wat rubbish. Dybala played the vast majority of big games every single year under Allegri, including this one.

Costa played all the big games under Allegri down the stretch run last season. This season he fucked up his own year. It’s not Allegri’s fault Costa went full retard in the autumn and attacked another player and spat in his mouth, fell horrendously out of form and lost his confidence after this, wrecked his car, then spent the majority of the rest of the season injured.

The only area where you have a point is FB. But even there Cancelo played most matches before his injury. He was very poor when he came back from injury after dominating in the fall. And let’s not act like Sandro is the defensively sound, non-technical LB. a year and half ago we all thought he was one of the top 2-3 LBs in the world.

What’s on Allegri is the fitness and injury issues. That’s his biggest failing by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)