Next coach (7 Viewers)

Who do you want to see as our new coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It’s not like we havent fired coaches when results werent there. Ferrara, Del Neri, Ranieri. And Im sure board isnt happy how our CHL road ended. Id bet on Allegri leaving.
None of those coaches won a single trophy, did they?

Are you serious?

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I can totally see both sides of the coin for Allegri staying or going:

Stay:
We wanted to replace him with proven winner but Zidane went back to Madrid. Deschamps extended France and Pep is staying at Man City. So alternatives are questionable. Perhaps the best name left is someone like Jardim but he seems loyal towards Monaco. So we stick with Allegri for another year.

Go:
Its now what 5 years. Football goes in cycles. The days of Fergie/Wenger staying 20+ years are over. We have reached the maximum with Allegri. This season we got the best CL player and lost to some kids who were beatable as Tottenham showed. Our football is getting worse and certain players are regressing (Dybala/Costa/Sandro etc).

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I can totally see both sides of the coin for Allegri staying or going:

Stay:
We wanted to replace him with proven winner but Zidane went back to Madrid. Deschamps extended France and Pep is staying at Man City. So alternatives are questionable. Perhaps the best name left is someone like Jardim but he seems loyal towards Monaco. So we stick with Allegri for another year.

Go:
Its now what 5 years. Football goes in cycles. The days of Fergie/Wenger staying 20+ years are over. We have reached the maximum with Allegri. This season we got the best CL player and lost to some kids who were beatable as Tottenham showed. Our football is getting worse and certain players are regressing (Dybala/Costa/Sandro etc).
Well said

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Dude... Barcelona were going through a crisis... they were just a name... until the likes of Ronaldinho came in. Porto had one of the best players of that time Deco. And of course, Mourinho.

Mourinho arrived in Porto 2 and half years ago, mid-season, he smashed the table and said "Next year, in normal conditions we will be Champions, in anormal conditions we will also be Champions".

He went on to be 2 times Champions in one year taking UEFA and the next the Champions League. That was one of his peaks, definitely the highest peak playing some attacking football :lol2:

That Porto team was the basis for Portugal's Euro 2004 run that ended up in a unprecedented final a losing only to Greece.

Not even trying to defend Deschamps here.
Very well put
Anyway I think we are past it now - I am not Deschamps biggest fan as it feels to me that something is missing in his game but I definitely get and accept your well put opinion! Great post!

- - - Updated - - -

firing ranieri for us was about as stupid as milian firing allegri. but hey, it worked out better for us in the end
It wasnt stupid at all..
Ranieri was ok but he didnt take us where we belong and we could see its not going this way..
Allegri - He did very well with Milan and then had an awful season which made the atmosphere between Milan and Allegri unbearable... Should the atmosphere remain clear I`d say you might be right about it and should have given him another season but since the situation was very tense already it was inevitable.

Yeah it turned up great for us - Now we need Milan to get Klopp Guardiola or Pochettino so we could do the same with them..

Last edited:

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
Very well put
Anyway I think we are past it now - I am not Deschamps biggest fan as it feels to me that something is missing in his game but I definitely get and accept your well put opinion! Great post!

Thanks!

About Deschamps... well, when was the last he managed a club? I don't know his reasons but managers normally only go to a national team when they get older and are tired of a Club challenge. The level of pressure that you have on a NT in nowhere near a Club. What would be considered a normal month at a Top Club only happens from 2 to 2 years in a NT with the Euros and WC. Those are the only real moments of pressure.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Thanks!

About Deschamps... well, when was the last he managed a club? I don't know his reasons but managers normally only go to a national team when they get older and are tired of a Club challenge. The level of pressure that you have on a NT in nowhere near a Club. What would be considered a normal month at a Top Club only happens from 2 to 2 years in a NT with the Euros and WC. Those are the only real moments of pressure.
Now that I think about it Deschamps was also the coach in the Euro 16 tournament didnt he?! Really a finals machine..

Anyway I have regained some of the faith in Allegri - He seems to try to play a more attacking football now (although it doesnt work well) but now it seems he can adapt and if we get a proper midfield he might change our philosophy to a more attacking one.
Anyway midfield or not we really need one more thing - Either a capable defender or a midfielder who can really help defence
It might be related to wish list but we need
1. CB - Bonucci isnt it anymore and Chiellini cant carry it all on himself given he is alone there and will be 35 IIRC
2. CM - Defensive type like Kante or Casemiro - Someone with extraordinary defensive ability
3. CM - Attacking type - Someone who can really orchestrate attacks and do some damage on his own
4. Forwards - I dont know who is to blame here but Ronaldo is the only one who really does his job there... maybe the others just dont fit, maybe its the system..

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Pirlo: "He (Pochettino) has a Juve identity, he is a modern coach who has learned a lot in the premier league. 'Modern' does not mean only the construction of the game, but everything. It comes from Spanish football, it's a collection of things."

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I'd love Poch

Anyone who subscribes to the muh trophies argument against him is retarded as if it's not fucking easy to pad your stats at the likes of June or PSG.

Give any coach the injury riddled spurs team of the past few seasons and see if they can beat fucking City and friends to the EPL

The lack of trophies is only a valid argument if the manager in question is in charge of a club that can reasonably expect them.

I'd win lol 1 or the SPL with the PSG and Celtic ffs. Doesn't mean I'm a better candidate than Poch afterwards.

Last edited:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I'd love Poch

Anyone who subscribes to the much trophies argument against him is retarded as if it's not fucking easy to pad your stats at the likes of June or PSG.

Give any coach the injury riddled spurs team of the past few seasons and see if they can beat fucking City and friends to the EPL

The lack of trophies is only a valid argument if the manager in question is in charge of a club that can reasonably expect them.

I'd win lol 1 or the SPL with the PSG and Celtic ffs. Doesn't mean I'm a better candidate than Poch afterwards.
And look at how the shittiest Bayern team in almost a decade are about win the Bundesliga again with an absolute clueless coach. It is just too easy in Italy, France and Germany.

Juve, Bayern, PSG have two times the resources and quality compared to their next best competitors so naturally you are going to rack up trophies regardless. I refuse to believe that Allegri is some phenom and doing a job which most coaches would struggle to do. He has done a tremendous job here no doubt, but when it is time to move on, it is time to move on. The cracks are opening up and it is time for a change.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
if he's available, he's certainly one of the best option in case we go separate ways with allegri

odds are he'll stay with spurs though
I dont think he`ll stay with Spurs as he seemed to want to try a different atmosphere but I do agree with you as he is one of the best options without a doubt.
I`d even say he fits way more than Guardiola (We will need a complete revamp for Guardiola)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...I`d even say he fits way more than Guardiola (We will need a complete revamp for Guardiola)
guardiola is probably the less juve style coach we've been linked with. but after the new logo and that abomination of a jersey, maybe agnelli is chasing a complete shift of identity.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
And look at how the shittiest Bayern team in almost a decade are about win the Bundesliga again with an absolute clueless coach. It is just too easy in Italy, France and Germany.

Juve, Bayern, PSG have two times the resources and quality compared to their next best competitors so naturally you are going to rack up trophies regardless. I refuse to believe that Allegri is some phenom and doing a job which most coaches would struggle to do. He has done a tremendous job here no doubt, but when it is time to move on, it is time to move on. The cracks are opening up and it is time for a change.
Am totally agree with you ...

but list reasonable alternative to replace him .....

Guardiola salary is £15.3 million tell 2021 .... so if our management to bring him ..they need £18 million salary at least + £45.9 million city Compensation + 7.5m Euro Allegri Compensation

Pochettino Salary is £8.5 million tell 2022 ..and he wants £20 million +£25.5 million Suprs compensation + 7.5m Euro Allegri Compensation

We have to know first, the management are ready to fork these figures or not ... ???

in all cases ...new players are coming

so financially do we need to stick with Allegri which he can settle for 10m Euro ( because he wants a renew) + Spend money on market ...that we know minimum we are getting the scudetto and maybe another QF in CL ....

or go more crazy opting for new manager that sure will play attractive football but no scudetto guarantee + maybe we will reach the CL QF ....

It's very tough decision for AA .... I think this one one will be make or brake the club progress to be one of the elite ones .....because all these financial burdens and troubles we are talking and the results are same .....we will suffer in the long run ...Ronaldo salary + New fancy football Salary + his fancy players he will insiste to bring ....

or We could stay safe with Allegri and improve the team ....

or take a risk with new coach and any fail at that point ...definitely will have no U turn ....!!! it's very risky ...

remember , we already took Ronaldo risk and the results are not what we hoped for ....in CL i mean ....

based on all of this ....I think AA will stick with Allegri and clean the house ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)