Next coach (4 Viewers)

Who do you want to see as our new coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Are there any links to the ajax coach?
Ten Hag bottled the 2nd half of that match. Seems like another total football cult member who can't be pragmatic for even 15 minutes and just see out a match. Find me the coach who can play total football but then have another philosophy to win matches consistently and I will hire that guy immediately.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Ten Hag bottled the 2nd half of that match. Seems like another total football cult member who can't be pragmatic for even 15 minutes and just see out a match. Find me the coach who can play total football but then have another philosophy to win matches consistently and I will hire that guy immediately.
That doesn't exist.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Miha was the guy if we didn't take Allegri.
i know, and it scares the shit out of me. i'd rather giampaolo or gasp than that mediocre nobody. out of the current 20 serie a coaches, mihajlovic wouldn't be in my top10. did he achieve anything in his career to be mentioned among the potential juve coaches?

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Right so im thinking stick with pragmatist as it is as juventus as the stripes.

- - - Updated - - -

Youre not bothered by his inter stint?
Not sure what he could do with 5 matches at a horribly mismanaged club. The fact he has never gotten a good chance at a big club almost goes in his favor considering who the "big" teams hire nowadays.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Youre not bothered by his inter stint?
that inda was a mess. anybody would have failed there at that time.

gasp is a very good coach. dunno whether good enough for juve, he's still a well prepared, serious coach. i'd gladly take him if juve wasn't the 500m war machine where you lose a match and fans wanna execute the coach.

Oct 23, 2011
People should stop hyping Ten Hag. He got crucified for his 2nd half against Tottenham, and rightly so. Bottling that game was totally on him, as much as Ajax's success was the previous two knock-out rounds. Tottenham played a very simple game, looking for the diagonal long ball to Llorente (who tried to create 1v1 situations against Blind as much as possible and could lay it down for midfielders). This is one of the most simple strategies but also one that should have been defended easily. Make your midfield drop deeper, get them closer to their defense so that laying down balls isn't as easy for the striker. That way Llorente has to drop deeper and get much farther away from goal. I was baffled by the fact Ten Hag didn't respond to this at all at any time during the second half. Very naive play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)