Next coach (13 Viewers)

Who do you want to see as our new coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Do you believe Pochettino is possible?
Juve would definitely be an option IMHO.

Yes. It is possible. And he does have Italian heritage.

Pochettino was brought in with a clear brief at Spurs. To develop and build a team capable of regularly qualifying for the Champions League once the new stadium was in place. This would require an investment in youth and only spending what was made available through player sales; whilst maintaining a system of modern attacking football to encourage the fans to come through the turnstiles. In addition he was asked to instil a family culture, breeding loyalty to the club, to such an extent that we could get away with paying less wages than our direct competitors so that money could go into buildings and facilities etc.

I think he was originally seen as a caretaker, whilst the club built for the future. But we got lucky. We struck gold with Poch. He did all this and more.

He's more than delivered on his brief (his target was not to get us to a CL final but just to get us in the tournament) and he has every right now to insist on investment in transfers and on the team to push the club forward. If Levy refuses, then Poch's head could be turned. The money is there, for instance: the new stadium is generating £800k per match on food/beer sales alone.

Barcelona is 0% (due to affiliation with Espanyol) and Man Utd and RM have already played their cards. PSG may be tempting.

Also, he might just be playing his hand sensibly. He'll never have a bigger stock with the board (and the fans) than he does right now. And I think we all listen very carefully to his demands.

Last edited:

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
My picks:

1. Didier Deschamps:
understands the club and knows how to manage big players. with france he used a 433 which switched into 442 with matuidi LM which is similar to what ancelotti used with real madrid when he won the champions league. He could be doing the same with our juve with either Matuidi or Ramsey on that LCM/CM box to box position. He could also persuade one of the french players such as Ndombele/Kante to come and strenghten our midfield. If we were to sign rabiot on a free that would be a problem as he dosnt have a good relationship with him.

2. Erik ten Hag
If he can do that with the ajax team imagine what he can do with our juve. High press and directly possession game. He played with a false 9 Tadic, and i think Dybala would fit that mold sooo perfectly.

3. Pochettino
Don't know if he is actually going to leave spurs but he has done an amazing job without even spending a dollar in the summer and playing the likes of sissoko in midfield. He's recruitement is kinda crap, sining the likes of lamela, sissoko, Clinton N'Jie, Wankyama, N'Koudou. But he makes the best of what he has and is not afriad to play youngsters. Imagine he develops Kean like he did with Kane.

4. Guadiola

Would bring the best out of players that fit his system. So players like mandzukic, matuidi, de sciglio would be out the door. He would have to spend big like he always done brining in players that fit his style of play. But he would bring the best out of the likes of Dybala, Costa and Pjanic and even bonucci because thats the type of player he likes.

5. Conte
Big gamble because he has dined in an expensive restatant like chelsea but not achieved much in europe. I guess we will win a couple more Scudettos.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Juve would definitely be an option IMHO.

Yes. It is possible. And he does have Italian heritage.

Pochettino was brought in with a clear brief at Spurs. To develop and build a team capable of regularly qualifying for the Champions League once the new stadium was in place. This would require an investment in youth and only spending what was made available through player sales; whilst maintaining a system of modern attacking football to encourage the fans to come through the turnstiles. In addition he was asked to instil a family culture, breeding loyalty to the club, to such an extent that we could get away with paying less wages than our direct competitors so that money could go into buildings and facilities etc.

I think he was originally seen as a caretaker, whilst the club built for the future. But we got lucky. We struck gold with Poch. He did all this and more.

He's more than delivered on his brief (his target was not to get us to a CL final but just to get us in the tournament) and he has every right now to insist on investment in transfers and on the team to push the club forward. If Levy refuses, then Poch's head could be turned.

Barcelona is 0% (due to affiliation with Espanyol) and Man Utd and RM have already played their cards. PSG may be tempting.

Also, he might just be playing his hand sensibly. He'll never have a bigger stock with the board (and the fans) than he does right now. And I think we all listen very carefully to his demands.
Thx for the reply, he'd definitely be an interesting coach to have. But is it possible he's aiming at a bigger contract/ambition from Levy? Now that Spurs are CL finalist he's going to want more backing and means to purchase the profiles he seeks.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Thx for the reply, he'd definitely be an interesting coach to have. But is it possible he's aiming at a bigger contract/ambition from Levy? Now that Spurs are CL finalist he's going to want more backing and means to purchase the profiles he seeks.
Yes. That's the more likely story at this moment.

He's also a honest person with firm loyalties, from what I've observed and read. I don't think he goes to another English club when his time with us is done. Real Madrid is likely to be too much of a short-term shit show whilst he's still relatively young and Barca is just no.

So, PSG is possible (as an ex-player, and he still spends time in Paris). And then, well, it's probably Juve. He already speaks the language and Italy is a home from home for Argentinans.

Just don't think it's this summer though, and those ships may have sailed by the time both Juve and Poch are looking for alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)