Next car poll...which would you pick? (4 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Depends on how unlucky you think you'll be. If you expect to use the car more than the average person (more mileage, more city wear-and-tear), these things are basically actuarial problems. It's always cheaper to be self-insured, but you can game the system a little if you think you'd be a higher risk example who would pay the same as a lower-risk person.

OP
AndreaCristiano

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
  • Thread Starter #43
    Depends on how unlucky you think you'll be. If you expect to use the car more than the average person (more mileage, more city wear-and-tear), these things are basically actuarial problems. It's always cheaper to be self-insured, but you can game the system a little if you think you'd be a higher risk example who would pay the same as a lower-risk person.
    my mpg is between 7K and 9500 a year. I also take care of my vehicles always keep them maintained, cleaned etc etc

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I would never buy a Ford.

What about the Toyota Auris Hybrid. I drove it when I was in Belgium a couple of weeks ago, it's pretty neat.

OP
    AndreaCristiano

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
  • Thread Starter #45
    I would never buy a Ford.

What about the Toyota Auris Hybrid. I drove it when I was in Belgium a couple of weeks ago, it's pretty neat.
    the auris is the Camry in the US? The new Fords are really improved they are number one in quality now in consumer reports and JD power

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    the auris is the Camry in the US? The new Fords are really improved they are number one in quality now in consumer reports and JD power
    Regardless of their ranks I will never buy a Ford and it is not their quality that is repulsive for me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Auris

Apparently the Auris is still a Corolla in the US. The Camry is the bigger car, it is the Avensis I think in Europe.

OP
    AndreaCristiano

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
  • Thread Starter #48
    Golf GTI > the rest.

I can speak from experience. It just doesnt get better.
    have you driven the rest, focus st?

---------- Post added 16.05.2012 at 17:39 ----------

Regardless of their ranks I will never buy a Ford and it is not their quality that is repulsive for me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Auris

Apparently the Auris is still a Corolla in the US. The Camry is the bigger car, it is the Avensis I think in Europe.
    Ahhh I see. In the US there is no corolla hybrid only the prius, prius C ( possibly based off Corolla? )and the Camry Hybrid ( Avenisis)

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
    Apr 12, 2009
    have you driven the rest, focus st?

---------- Post added 16.05.2012 at 17:39 ----------

Ahhh I see. In the US there is no corolla hybrid only the prius, prius C ( possibly based off Corolla? )and the Camry Hybrid ( Avenisis)
    The 2008 models I have. They're cheaper here than any Golf GTI. But the Golf GTI is in my opinion the most balanced car out on the market for its pricerange. You can have fun and you can have all the comfort at the same time. Dont know for sure but I think the GTI is actualy quite fuel efficient too.

But I'm a VW fanboy so i lack objectivity.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    No, the Auris hybrid came after the Prius, they started the hybrid technology with the Prius. Strange, in Europe the Camry was replaced by Avensis in 2004 but we don't have a hybrid Avensis.

OP
    AndreaCristiano

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
  • Thread Starter #53
    The 2008 models I have. They're cheaper here than any Golf GTI. But the Golf GTI is in my opinion the most balanced car out on the market for its pricerange. You can have fun and you can have all the comfort at the same time. Dont know for sure but I think the GTI is actualy quite fuel efficient too.

But I'm a VW fanboy so i lack objectivity.
    last line is awesome! lol when the focus ST gets here im gonna run that and the GTI the same days asap

---------- Post added 16.05.2012 at 17:50 ----------

No, the Auris hybrid came after the Prius, they started the hybrid technology with the Prius. Strange, in Europe the Camry was replaced by Avensis in 2004 but we don't have a hybrid Avensis.
    yea thats why I think its the prius C , thats a new model and its small like the corolla

OP
    AndreaCristiano

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
  • Thread Starter #56
    ok this is the order as of right now

1. VW GTI 4 door Autobahn edition with DSG
    2. Ford Focus ST
    3. Ford Focus Titanium with Fords DSG
    4. VW TDI Golf with 4Door

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    So I'm starting to look for my next car when my lease is up I am going to purchase a vehicle so in this purchase i want utility, fuel efficiency and fun here are the choices, if you guys pick the other please post in the thread. Thanks

Car 1. Ford Focus Hatchback titanium fully loaded
    Car 2. Ford Focus ST
    Car 3. VW GTI
    Car 4.VW Golf TDI
    Car 5. Other....
    Order in from europe? Our standard is better than your best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)