Next car poll...which would you pick? (5 Viewers)

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
How much would a Scirocco cost? Is it available where you live? If its on your budget and available,I would recommend that,My friend just recently purchased one, and like you,he was also gonna get the GTI but then changed his mind when he test drove the Scirocco..

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Generalizing again, are we?
lol thats not generalizing that is just straight up wrong, and grossly to boot

I suppose my Dad working as chief engineer & deputy head of vehicle safety & emissions for the department of transport, NCAPP & charing comitees in the UN & EU counts for shit?

Probably does, but to quote him "americans know fucking nothing about cars".

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I don't know what you mean by your standard is better than our best. German cars for example only bring their top of the line cars in the US. You won't find any diesel 4 mercs or beemers here. They're six or turbo fours at best. Even VW only brings cars with 2.0 liters or more. The interiors tend to be of higher quality too.
The only car that Europe has that we don't, is the old Focus RS. So yeah, you were just generalizing and spouting off ignorant statements without backing them up with any facts. Compare the cars, don't tell us what your dad's job is.

I've been to both continents and US definitely has a bigger market with better options and even cheaper prices.

---------- Post added 16.05.2012 at 20:57 ----------

Btw, AC. What do you think about the WRX? Mileage isn't great but performance wise it's a beast. You can tune it to produce a lot more hp.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Oh, I'm the arrogant one here.

But seriously, better gas mileage doesn't mean the cars are better. US has a shitload of SUV's and trucks. People love them here. Plus, US also gets bigger engines and they're gas/petrol instead of diesel which gives higher mileage.

And I never thought of gas mileage as determining what makes a better car. I guess it would depend on the person and their needs, but if AC was that concerned about that, he'd just buy a Prius.

OP
AndreaCristiano

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
  • Thread Starter #72
    How much would a Scirocco cost? Is it available where you live? If its on your budget and available,I would recommend that,My friend just recently purchased one, and like you,he was also gonna get the GTI but then changed his mind when he test drove the Scirocco..
    love the scirrocco unfortunately its unavailable in the US

---------- Post added 16.05.2012 at 21:25 ----------

I don't know what you mean by your standard is better than our best. German cars for example only bring their top of the line cars in the US. You won't find any diesel 4 mercs or beemers here. They're six or turbo fours at best. Even VW only brings cars with 2.0 liters or more. The interiors tend to be of higher quality too.
    The only car that Europe has that we don't, is the old Focus RS. So yeah, you were just generalizing and spouting off ignorant statements without backing them up with any facts. Compare the cars, don't tell us what your dad's job is.

I've been to both continents and US definitely has a bigger market with better options and even cheaper prices.

---------- Post added 16.05.2012 at 20:57 ----------

Btw, AC. What do you think about the WRX? Mileage isn't great but performance wise it's a beast. You can tune it to produce a lot more hp.
    WRX is a beast mpg is a bit weak though and I would probably drive it like i stole it so i would get the low end of the mpg hehehehe

---------- Post added 16.05.2012 at 21:27 ----------

Oh, I'm the arrogant one here.

But seriously, better gas mileage doesn't mean the cars are better. US has a $#@!load of SUV's and trucks. People love them here. Plus, US also gets bigger engines and they're gas/petrol instead of diesel which gives higher mileage.

And I never thought of gas mileage as determining what makes a better car. I guess it would depend on the person and their needs, but if AC was that concerned about that, he'd just buy a Prius.
    Correct. Dont get me wrong MPG is important but i wont drive a lifeless toaster either, so I want a balance good to great mpg , with utility and fun/livability

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    talking to Tyrone and Jack not you. I'd value mileage as a damn important factor, given how 'high' (double in europe) petrol prices are and that they will only continue to rise.
    Oh ok, that I definitely agree with :agree:

love the scirrocco unfortunately its unavailable in the US

---------- Post added 16.05.2012 at 21:25 ----------

WRX is a beast mpg is a bit weak though and I would probably drive it like i stole it so i would get the low end of the mpg hehehehe

---------- Post added 16.05.2012 at 21:27 ----------

Correct. Dont get me wrong MPG is important but i wont drive a lifeless toaster either, so I want a balance good to great mpg , with utility and fun/livability
    Word.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    I suppose my Dad working as chief engineer & deputy head of vehicle safety & emissions for the department of transport, NCAPP & charing comitees in the UN & EU counts for shit?

Probably does, but to quote him "americans know fucking nothing about cars".

know nothing about cars? and i am an arrogant and egotistic fool? projecting must run deep in your family, anyhoos lemme just dismantle your idiotic preposterous argument like i always do, what is your standard for fuel consumption and in case you forgot whom you;re talking to or the english language, standard would be the median not the best.

---------- Post added 16.05.2012 at 22:17 ----------

Oh ok, that I definitely agree with :agree:
    butt.
    hurt.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    know nothing about cars? and i am an arrogant and egotistic fool? projecting must run deep in your family, anyhoos lemme just dismantle your idiotic preposterous argument like i always do, what is your standard for fuel consumption and in case you forgot whom you;re talking to or the english language, standard would be the median not the best.
    Based on how you've spoken to me recently and how you based an argument on gay marriage around the personal cost to you, which I still don't.

If you want to call me arrogant you can, but bear in mind - I do it ironically (Irony - The expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.), when I do, do it.

My car, which is about 15 years old, gets 12 miles to the litre -

1 US gallon = 3.78541178 litres

12 X 3.78 = 45.36 MPG

Thats on a 1.1 litre engine from 15 years ago.

A new focus in the uk accroding to dirrectgov http://carfueldata.direct.gov.uk/search-new-or-used-cars.aspx?vid=29590

On avg gets 58.9 to a British gallon, i can't be arsed with changing the maths (UK=4.45 L, US = 3.78 L)

But it works out at about 55 miles per US gallon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)