News that makes you say WTF! (48 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
it's amazing how sheltered kids are these days
Awww honey, you got a trophy for 9th place? Great job, son.

We coddle kids/youth way too much. No wonder why the US is such a Nanny-state.

- - - Updated - - -

better ban all literature that deal with controversial or potentially offensive subject matter too. Just read Harry Potter instead
I don't believe in magic, only what the good Lord giveth and find Harry Potter offensive. Ban.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Awww honey, you got a trophy for 9th place? Great job, son.

We coddle kids/youth way too much. No wonder why the US is such a Nanny-state.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe in magic, only what the good Lord giveth and find Harry Potter offensive. Ban.
only a white christian privileged shitlord like you could be so insensitive to the plight of Wickens.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
i'm against the death penalty in principal but fuck that guy
You cant be against the death penalty then say someone deserves it.

The guy deserves the death penalty, and thats why you always have to have the death penalty, to deal with people like these.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Picture on the Drudge.

- - - Updated - - -

-----------------------

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-15/us-foreign-policy-one-photo

:lol:
It's interesting how a 30 second clip of a bored kid goofing off can be turned into the face of terror.

- - - Updated - - -

i'm against the death penalty in principal but fuck that guy
Only problem is that it's going to cost millions between now and 10 years from now when we actually execute the guy. I'd be all about the death penalty if, directly after sentencing, they took them out back and shot 'em in the head.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

The guy deserves the death penalty, and thats why you always have to have the death penalty, to deal with people like these.
Imo capital punishment should be applied for terrorists, mass murderers, school shooters and similar. For murderers life will do.

Semirelated: I've always wondered why American law differentiates between murdering cops and murdering others. As if a cop's life is worth more than anybody else's

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

We usually just stick them in ADX Florence, 'murica's version of the Arkham Asylum.

- - - Updated - - -

Semirelated: I've always wondered why American law differentiates between murdering cops and murdering others. As if a cop's life is worth more than anybody else's
It doesn't. It's a public opinion thing.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
It's interesting how a 30 second clip of a bored kid goofing off can be turned into the face of terror.
Lol exactly. As if what he did was not heinous enough so we have to be really really shocked and enraged by his showing finger.

Only problem is that it's going to cost millions between now and 10 years from now when we actually execute the guy. I'd be all about the death penalty if, directly after sentencing, they took them out back and shot 'em in the head.
Why do they have to wait so much? I read somewhere that earliest they have executed a criminal was 4 years after his conviction.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
It doesn't. It's a public opinion thing.
The Texas Penal Code specifically defines capital murder as murder which involves one or more of the following aggravating factors: murder of an on-duty officer or firefighter, in the course of committing or attempting to commit a certain felony offense, Murder for remuneration, while escaping or attempting to escape a penal institution, while incarcerated with a qualifying factor, Murder of an individual under ten years of age, or murder of a person in retaliation for, or on account of, the service or status of the other person as a judge or justice of any court
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Texas#Capital_offenses

for example
I bet other states have similar laws. Only checked Louisiana and Texas so far

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Why do they have to wait so much? I read somewhere that earliest they have executed a criminal was 4 years after his conviction.
A couple things. First off, the appeals process is incredible slow. We're entitled to a speedy trial, but not a speedy appeal. Second, the inefficiency of the prison system.

Granted I think only like 3 of the 80 people sentenced to Federal Execution have actually made it to their execution. Most die in prison while the rest commit suicide.

- - - Updated - - -

The Texas Penal Code specifically defines capital murder as murder which involves one or more of the following aggravating factors: murder of an on-duty officer or firefighter, in the course of committing or attempting to commit a certain felony offense, Murder for remuneration, while escaping or attempting to escape a penal institution, while incarcerated with a qualifying factor, Murder of an individual under ten years of age, or murder of a person in retaliation for, or on account of, the service or status of the other person as a judge or justice of any court
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Texas#Capital_offenses

for example
I bet other states have similar laws. Only checked Louisiana and Texas so far
Ah well, that's Texas. Pretty much all you need to know about that.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I totally can and am.
In what circumstances are you against it? I think this case is actually a very good one for those against death penalty to protest.
Like I said, I'm against it in principal. I don't think that it should be part of the criminal justice system of a first world nation, yet in practice, seeing this fool get the death penalty, I'm glad.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
We usually just stick them in ADX Florence, 'murica's version of the Arkham Asylum.

Isn't that the supermax prison in Colorado where they force you to listen to Florence and the Machine on the loudspeakers all day?

The Red Cross needs to host a new Geneva Convention for that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)