News that makes you say WTF! (17 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I disagree. It might be hypocritical but i dont think what im saying is that confusing.

I don't think we should have the death penalty in law...but that doesnt mean that some people don't still really deserve it.
True but it means nothing if it's not considered in law. Personally, I see no difference between death penalty and life sentence, whichever is lest costly should be exercised (seems, rather counter intuitively, that death penalty is more costly in the US [definitely not in Iran, for example] so I'd be siding with life sentence). What I don't get at all is human rights arguments against death penalty regardless of the crime and criminal. The "only" argument that I can sympathize with is the fact that human judgment is never hundred percent flawless and death penalty is irreversible.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It's interesting how a 30 second clip of a bored kid goofing off can be turned into the face of terror.

- - - Updated - - -

Only problem is that it's going to cost millions between now and 10 years from now when we actually execute the guy. I'd be all about the death penalty if, directly after sentencing, they took them out back and shot 'em in the head.
because it is a face of terror

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I'm talking about coddling youths. Giving this chump a bullet between the eyes has nothing to do with nanny culture. He is a terrorist and deserves to meet his creator asap.
I agree with that completely. I'm indifferent to the death penalty. Though I find it economically painstaking.

But about the photo, using a split second out of a goof off session when you have loads of other incriminating evidence is lame. Let's be better than our enemies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I agree with that completely. I'm indifferent to the death penalty. Though I find it economically painstaking.

But about the photo, using a split second out of a goof off session when you have loads of other incriminating evidence is lame. Let's be better than our enemies.
I'm sorta in Kyles camp. I used to be gung-ho about the death penalty but some people deserve it. If it wasn't for our justice system and the ability to appeal on some cases he'd have been put down right after the sentence.

Some criminals I'd enjoy knowing they are in solitary confinement until they stop breathing. But as you said it's so expensive.

I think the picture the Drudge picked was to show a sense of irony: America is now saying "f-you" to that punk.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.eenews.net/stories/1060018646

:touched:
@Trequartista

- - - Updated - - -
@Enron can you hyperlink that for me because on my phone the hyperlink button crashes safari -.-

- - - Updated - - -

Even tho fox is on it. :touched:

We are screwed

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I'm sorta in Kyles camp. I used to be gung-ho about the death penalty but some people deserve it. If it wasn't for our justice system and the ability to appeal on some cases he'd have been put down right after the sentence.

Some criminals I'd enjoy knowing they are in solitary confinement until they stop breathing. But as you said it's so expensive.

I think the picture the Drudge picked was to show a sense of irony: America is now saying "f-you" to that punk.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.eenews.net/stories/1060018646

:touched:
@Trequartista

- - - Updated - - -
@Enron can you hyperlink that for me because on my phone the hyperlink button crashes safari -.-
You know that isn't a Drudge picture right? It's from TIME and it was used by the prosecution. Which was completely out of context if you've seen the jail footage.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You know that isn't a Drudge picture right? It's from TIME and it was used by the prosecution. Which was completely out of context if you've seen the jail footage.
Yes I know it's not a drudge picture it's the picture drudge had posted today after the sentence was given.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)