News that makes you say WTF! (44 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
They should have thought about that before they decided to rob the house.

But you're not given the chance where everything is so easily considered self-defense and is justified and the guy is probably now a hero for doing what he did. It's such a screwed up mindset which shows itself in the more serious problems in the US; like when police feels comfortable shooting +10 bullets at a person who's running away from them when shooting once or twice at legs would suffice.
:howler:

One of the most inane posts I've ever read on any forum. What do you want him to do, offer them a glass of wine before shooting?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Just the tone of the article (like something Turk would write about Kurds) makes me want to side against it.

I still have a hard time understanding why all three had to get killed. Obviously when your friend is shot dead and the guy has an AR-15, you'd get the hell out of the place. But you're not given the chance where everything is so easily considered self-defense and is justified and the guy is probably now a hero for doing what he did. It's such a screwed up mindset which shows itself in the more serious problems in the US; like when police feels comfortable shooting +10 bullets at a person who's running away from them when shooting once or twice at legs would suffice.
This post here sounds like you dont really understand how fast something like this happens or how wuickly someone with a melee weapon can advance on a person holding a firearm. (Lookup the 20 foot rule) Its not a movie, it likely happened in a matter of seconds and was based purely off adrenaline. You make it sound like one was shot and the shooter chased the other two down the stairs through the house firing at their backs. I doubt there was time to do much thinking in this situation. Based off reports they likely burst into his room masked carrying weapons moving torwards him, the shooter was justified in firing in defense and when you do that you fire center mass and repeatedly. Shooting someone in the leg or firing warning shots is a myth. Nobody with any brains does that in a situation that actually justifys self defense with a firearm

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
They should have thought about that before they decided to rob the house.

:howler:

One of the most inane posts I've ever read on any forum. What do you want him to do, offer them a glass of wine before shooting?
I will have to reevaluate my sanity the day you share my opinion. Reading your posts boosts my self-esteem. Thanks for the free service.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Stupid kids made a stupid decision. It's terrible when life is lost at such a young age and I'm sure if anyone were in that Grandfather's shoes they would think similarly. But this is what happens when you come into someone else's home with the intent to harm.

After seeing the homeowner was 23 I had to go look up real estate prices there. If my family were to sell this house here we could buy something 5 times the size for half the price :lol:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
This post here sounds like you dont really understand how fast something like this happens or how wuickly someone with a melee weapon can advance on a person holding a firearm. (Lookup the 20 foot rule) Its not a movie, it likely happened in a matter of seconds and was based purely off adrenaline. You make it sound like one was shot and the shooter chased the other two down the stairs through the house firing at their backs. I doubt there was time to do much thinking in this situation. Based off reports they likely burst into his room masked carrying weapons moving torwards him, the shooter was justified in firing in defense and when you do that you fire center mass and repeatedly. Shooting someone in the leg or firing warning shots is a myth. Nobody with any brains does that in a situation that actually justifys self defense with a firearm
From my experience those who live their lives like it's a movie in which the person they KILL is an actor and one who kills more and better is braver and a bigger hero are in fact gun loving nutjobs whose only argument is self defense and protection.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
From my experience those who live their lives like it's a movie in which the person they KILL is an actor and one who kills more and better is braver and a bigger hero are in fact gun loving nutjobs whose only argument is self defense and protection.
But this was self defence. Pure and simple. They came into his home to do him harm and he defended himself by making sure they didn't. 3 against 1 and he defended himself only way he knew how at that point. Who are we to presume it was overkill? Maybe they would stabbed him to death if he had hesitated or didn't even try ? They were the aggressors here, it's unfortunate situation but he isn't in the wrong just because he is better equipped.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I really don't understand what you are tying to say here. Anyone who uses a firearm in self defense is never doing it for a justifiable reason and is only doing so because theyve seen too many rambo movies and just want to kill people? There is no possible justifiable instance...its all just based off of a hollywood induced bloodlust? :howler:

And im curious what experience are you basing this off of, reading Huffington Post clickbait?

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I wouldn't call danger to my life a 'low threshold' for killing. Obviously, I wouldn't shoot a wallet thief or if I see a fella running off with my TV or Playstation. But if there was the slightest chance to lose my life I would take his without remorse.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I really don't understand what you are tying to say here. Anyone who uses a firearm in self defense is never doing it for a justifiable reason and is only doing so because theyve seen too many rambo movies and just want to kill people? There is no possible justifiable instance...its all just based off of a hollywood induced bloodlust?
There are instances. Definitely. But very very few.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Way too little information for me judge here.

Could very well be that it was justified self-defence here.

And the argument of the families of the deceased "it wasn't a fair fight" is BS for sure, unless the article severely distorts what they really wanna say. Which wouldn't be unthinkable to me given the general tone the article is written in.

- - - Updated - - -

Not even, in that case you were a 100% at their mercy, you have no choice but to do what they ask, you are wholly dependent on their good will. The issue here is having more choices which the gun affords you. You say injure or contain, i say shoot to kill.
Again, that means placing a dangerously low value on human life.

But this is a matter of principle, not of pure logic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)