News that makes you say WTF! (70 Viewers)

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
I see. Although I don't understand why the guys' attorneys had to claim that the act was consensual if receiving such a light sentence was possible on the basis of the factors you mentioned. To me it seems that the fact that the guy was caught while assaulting an unconscious woman (hence being unable to claim otherwise) is what brought him even this minimal sentence.

And ironically enough, I think the attention this case is receiving and the hate this guy is getting due to the perceived inappropriateness of the punishment will have a bigger negative impact on his life than if he'd been sentenced to jail for a longer period of time.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
We prefer an eye for an eye justice when the crime is morally reprehensible or when we imagine it might happen to our family.

If a drugdealer is responsible for the death of another person and gets six months, most people wouldn't be too angry about that.
Nope. Social media is hurling death threats at that Ohio mom for her son falling into a gorilla cage at the zoo that ultimately ended up with a dead gorilla shot by the zookeepers. #GorillaLivesMatter sez they want her dead for retribution. That ain't eye-for-an-eye.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Nope. Social media is hurling death threats at that Ohio mom for her son falling into a gorilla cage at the zoo that ultimately ended up with a dead gorilla shot by the zookeepers. #GorillaLivesMatter sez they want her dead for retribution. That ain't eye-for-an-eye.
That's a false analogy. They are using hyperbole. No one really wants her to die. With a rapist the calls for the death penalty or castration are real.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
That's a false analogy. They are using hyperbole. No one really wants her to die. With a rapist the calls for the death penalty or castration are real.
Knowing how retarded people can be when it comes to animals, they definitely want her dead.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Knowing how retarded people can be when it comes to animals, they definitely want her dead.
Come on. Imagine you give them the actual power. I think everyone would reconsider. At least in Belgium, you guys can be crazy, that I admit.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think you give people more credit than I would here. They want da bitch dead alright. People get lynched just for suspicion of burning a Koran (see Farkhunda) ... this is how the world works.

:agree:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I think you give people more credit than I would here. They want da bitch dead alright. People get lynched just for suspicion of burning a Koran (see Farkhunda) ... this is how the world works.

:agree:
Yeah, I just can't believe that. Maybe I'm wrong. I definitely hope not.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yeah, I just can't believe that. Maybe I'm wrong. I definitely hope not.
There's surely a number in the hyperbole camp. Then there are the few that don't get that. They go off and kill people at abortion clinics, kill off NYC cops in their squad cars, and the like.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
There's surely a number in the hyperbole camp. Then there are the few that don't get that. They go off and kill people at abortion clinics, kill off NYC cops in their squad cars, and the like.
I realise there are idiots out there, but their ideas are mostly irrelevant.

Imo the public's reaction when it comes to rape or murder is something else and is completely understandable. But I still feel it is mostly wrong when it comes to adequate and intelligent punishment.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Sophia Miacova is vegan @Klin

- - - Updated - - -

So is Brady @acmilan

- - - Updated - - -

at least it's vegan and hasn't been tested on animals before. :stuckup:

seriously whats wrong with them? only the preachers trying to reeducate you are annoying.
Who told you it hasn't been tested on animals?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)