News that makes you say WTF! (69 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
They most often pan these guys as right wing extremists though. With or without mental illness.

The sad part of stuff like this is that society breeds these morons. As perverse as it is muslim extremism and fat logic are both byproducts of something far larger.
No, if it was the muslim extremist he wouldn't be referred to as frenchman and they won't bother to discuss his motives as if they were semi reasonable.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
[video=liveleak;58a_1464890232]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=58a_1464890232[/video]

:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Her EBT food stamp card was refused so she trashed the store. :touched:
which one of the Obama daughters is that again?
No, if it was the muslim extremist he wouldn't be referred to as frenchman and they won't bother to discuss his motives as if they were semi reasonable.
or would he just be a "French national" and they wouldn't be showing that picture of him or mentioning his name :boh:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
which one of the Obama daughters is that again?

or would he just be a "French national" and they wouldn't be showing that picture of him or mentioning his name :boh:
They do have to communicate in a language dumbed down enough for their audience to understand

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-of-action-dad-defends-stanford-sex-offender/

This is very strange. Is it normal for a judge to be concerned about how a "stiffer sentence could have a severe impact on the life" of a person who's done wrong?
Strange? Not so much, This very same interpretation of the power of judges to steer destiny is what legalized gay marriage in the US

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Strange? Not so much, This very same interpretation of the power of judges to steer destiny is what legalized gay marriage in the US
But it's different in the sense that here the judge acknowledges the wrongdoer and his crime. If a sentence (i.e., 6 months of jail) is appropriate, then it is and should be appropriate because the evidence suggests so. What does it have to do with the impact of this sentence on the life of the wrongdoer? Punishment is there to have an impact, isn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and lol at the "20 minutes of action" argument by the guy's father :lol2::sergio:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
But it's different in the sense that here the judge acknowledges the wrongdoer and his crime. If a sentence (i.e., 6 months of jail) is appropriate, then it is and should be appropriate because the evidence suggests so. What does it have to do with the impact of this sentence on the life of the wrongdoer? Punishment is there to have an impact, isn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and lol at the "20 minutes of action" argument by the guy's father :lol2::sergio:
That argument is just so cringe.

With regards to sentencing, judicial discretion is there within set guidelines... it allows for judge to take into account things like restorative justice, recidivism, rehabilitation, impact, etc.

I'm not saying I agree with the judge here. I'm not exactly sure. But there is an argument to be made that lighter sentencing with more emphasis on restorative justice and criminal rehabilitation is a far better way to prevent recidivism. There are obvious exceptions, and I don't know enough about this specific case, but I'd assume the focus on probation, education, and sex offender registry by the judge is due to his young age, the involvement of alcohol, his lack of priors, and so on.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

With regards to sentencing, judicial discretion is there within set guidelines... it allows for judge to take into account things like restorative justice, recidivism, rehabilitation, impact, etc.

I'm not saying I agree with the judge here. I'm not exactly sure. But there is an argument to be made that lighter sentencing with more emphasis on restorative justice and criminal rehabilitation is a far better way to prevent recidivism. There are obvious exceptions, and I don't know enough about this specific case, but I'd assume the focus on probation, education, and sex offender registry by the judge is due to his young age, the involvement of alcohol, his lack of priors, and so on.
I see. Although I don't understand why the guys' attorneys had to claim that the act was consensual if receiving such a light sentence was possible on the basis of the factors you mentioned. To me it seems that the fact that the guy was caught while assaulting an unconscious woman (hence being unable to claim otherwise) is what brought him even this minimal sentence.

And ironically enough, I think the attention this case is receiving and the hate this guy is getting due to the perceived inappropriateness of the punishment will have a bigger negative impact on his life than if he'd been sentenced to jail for a longer period of time.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-of-action-dad-defends-stanford-sex-offender/

This is very strange. Is it normal for a judge to be concerned about how a "stiffer sentence could have a severe impact on the life" of a person who's done wrong?
Normal? Kind of. There's the view that law is all lex talionis, and there it doesn't make sense. But if you're basically wanting to leave a window open that a one-time felon might actually have a shot at redeeming themselves and leading a socially productive life, then it's not unusual.

You can make the same argument for Lingchi.

Social media prefers eye-for-an-eye blood, no matter what cost to society.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
[video=liveleak;58a_1464890232]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=58a_1464890232[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Her EBT food stamp card was refused so she trashed the store. :touched:
A lightbulb went off in Oscar's head!

When one door closes, another one opens. And another thing that was being opened was the jars. All of them. Their entire contents being strewn along the floor. The jars of food his uncle would sell at his place at a low profit just to keep his family comfortable. The bags of chips he would give for free to some of the neighborhood kids if they had gotten good grades.

And this fucking bitch was throwing everything on the floor. It was hard to describe her with words, Oscar thought. When the cops would ask for a description eventually, he wouldn't be sure what to say. "This big fucking whale that looks like a bear"-was the first thing that popped in his mind. And facial expressions of disgust and repulsion. Maybe he'd stick his tongue out and make heaving noises.

But back to the thought! It was a pretty good one. All that training with his friends would come in handy. Jab, jab, right cross, left uppercut. The classic combination that he always wanted to perfect but couldn't quite pull off against his quick friends. But against this one, he was pretty sure he could. It would do wonders for his confidence in the next training day.

As he approached her to set up for the jab, she shifted in a clumsy manner. Her large and pendulous breast pressed against his hand. The softness! It made Oscar's thoughts of violence wash away. Maybe she was human after all. His brain was now awash with images of him caressing her body, her thick yet viscous flesh molding to his grip.

He could not control himself. As soon as he saw an opportunity, Oscar grabbed her from behind in one swift motion. He felt himself get sucked into her back like those mattresses he'd see in TV commercials but could never afford. His body merged with her but his hands were still free and he used them to grab on to the front of her torso. As he was preparing to take a euphorical deep breath of her neck and hair, his eyes went to his uncle.

There were tears in the old man's defeated eyes. Not because his hard work was being decimated to trash, but because he noticed what Oscar was doing. He knew. The world came crashing down on Oscar. He couldn't keep doing what he wanted to. And in the same swift motion he grabbed her, he somehow managed enough strength to spin around and guide her towards the exit. The blood that was rushing to his privates had now moved to his legs and arms. The adrenaline of not letting his family down made him push like he had never before.

And he was still able to give a parting gift of a very enjoyable hip thrust to the soft and squishy behind of this Namibian queen as she was falling out of the door.

But seriously, I would've shot the bitch.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

What? Is this the first time you heard about this? Obviously the wrongdoer's personality, past and future are always taken into account by a judge.

What's strange her is that the dude looks like a narcissistic fuck who, if anything, should have been punished more severely because of his personality and lack of feeling guilty.

I don't know the particular details of the case, but the girl's statement struck me as weird too. Why victimize yourself like that? Not saying she did anything wrong, but I'm not sure if it's the best way to go for her.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
What? Is this the first time you heard about this? Obviously the wrongdoer's personality, past and future are always taken into account by a judge.

What's strange her is that the dude looks like a narcissistic fuck who, if anything, should have been punished more severely because of his personality and lack of feeling guilty.

I don't know the particular details of the case, but the girl's statement struck me as weird too. Why victimize yourself like that? Not saying she did anything wrong, but I'm not sure if it's the best way to go for her.

My first time, yes. I thought law meant if you are an adult and you wrong another individual, you will be punished on the basis of your wrong action and its impact on the victim's life, regardless of your (potentially bright) future. To me, only then does law 1) near justice and 2) establish that every individual should be held accountable for their actions. But that's only me.

The girl is victimizing herself how?

- - - Updated - - -

Normal? Kind of. There's the view that law is all lex talionis, and there it doesn't make sense. But if you're basically wanting to leave a window open that a one-time felon might actually have a shot at redeeming themselves and leading a socially productive life, then it's not unusual.

I'm not sure receiving a 6 month jail time for assaulting an unconscious person does necessarily help leave that window open. I can argue that it tells him that it's easy to get away with his wrongdoings (given his dad's statement it seems his parents are assisting the judge in making this kid believe that it was only a 20 minutes of action, and that the window is still open).

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
My first time, yes. I thought law meant if you are an adult and you wrong another individual, you will be punished on the basis of your wrong action and its impact on the victim's life, regardless of your (potentially bright) future. To me, only then does law 1) near justice and 2) establish that every individual should be held accountable for their actions. But that's only me.

The girl is victimizing herself how?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure receiving a 6 month jail time for assaulting an unconscious person does necessarily help leave that window open. I can argue that it tells him that it's easy to get away with his wrongdoings (given his dad's statement it seems his parents are assisting the judge in making this kid believe that it was only a 20 minutes of action, and that the window is still open).
Is it really smart to stress over and over again what the perpetrator took away from you? Especially when all the psychological issues aren't exactly things he took. I don't blame her for feeling this way at all, but I think that to heal you should get away from thoughts like 'he completely ruined my life' - he didn't, he just raped you. It takes time to heal, it's tough and the guy is 100% to blame, but I doubt this letter made it any better for her. If anything it hands over power to the rapist.

As for the rapist, almost any judge will look at the perpetrator too. And rightly so. The father's argument is ridiculous because he expressed it the wrong way, but it is obviously true that if his son is not a serial rapist he should not be punished like on.

What the father did wrong is referring to 20 minutes. Most violent crimes don't take a lot of time. He should have just said his son had a great track record, but made one horrible mistake while drunk. Then again I guess his lawyer should have told him that..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

We prefer an eye for an eye justice when the crime is morally reprehensible or when we imagine it might happen to our family.

If a drugdealer is responsible for the death of another person and gets six months, most people wouldn't be too angry about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine you give this guy 10 years. Ten years in jail. And as a rapist. I can't imagine other inmates being kind to a 20 year old college boy who is in for rape.

If you give him 10 years he is going to be a career criminal after. No doubt about it imo.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We prefer an eye for an eye justice when the crime is morally reprehensible or when we imagine it might happen to our family.

If a drugdealer is responsible for the death of another person and gets six months, most people wouldn't be too angry about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine you give this guy 10 years. Ten years in jail. And as a rapist. I can't imagine other inmates being kind to a 20 year old college boy who is in for rape.

If you give him 10 years he is going to be a career criminal after. No doubt about it imo
:agree:

And this is why restorative justice is such an interesting concept... even for the victim, as it can allow closure in the form of dialogue, reparation, and reconciliation... it doesn't forget the victim immediately after the crime. And it doesn't create career criminals by sentencing first-time offenders to absurd mandatory minimums because of public outcry. People make mistakes, some much worse than others, some catastrophic, but the throw away the key type mentality helps nobody, not the accused, not the victim, not society.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
:agree:

And this is why restorative justice is such an interesting concept... even for the victim, as it can allow closure in the form of dialogue, reparation, and reconciliation... it doesn't forget the victim immediately after the crime. And it doesn't create career criminals by sentencing first-time offenders to absurd mandatory minimums because of public outcry. People make mistakes, some much worse than others, some catastrophic, but the throw away the key type mentality helps nobody, not the accused, not the victim, not society.

It doesn't. But if you read the comments section on newspaper websites, you realize just how little people want to think about these things.

The only time when this throw away the key mentality is called for is with people like Anders Breivik or Timothy McVeigh. People who, to be honest, have zero chance of rehabilitation. But that is such an incredible minority that you can't base your penal system on it.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
A lightbulb went off in Oscar's head!

When one door closes, another one opens. And another thing that was being opened was the jars. All of them. Their entire contents being strewn along the floor. The jars of food his uncle would sell at his place at a low profit just to keep his family comfortable. The bags of chips he would give for free to some of the neighborhood kids if they had gotten good grades.

And this fucking bitch was throwing everything on the floor. It was hard to describe her with words, Oscar thought. When the cops would ask for a description eventually, he wouldn't be sure what to say. "This big fucking whale that looks like a bear"-was the first thing that popped in his mind. And facial expressions of disgust and repulsion. Maybe he'd stick his tongue out and make heaving noises.

But back to the thought! It was a pretty good one. All that training with his friends would come in handy. Jab, jab, right cross, left uppercut. The classic combination that he always wanted to perfect but couldn't quite pull off against his quick friends. But against this one, he was pretty sure he could. It would do wonders for his confidence in the next training day.

As he approached her to set up for the jab, she shifted in a clumsy manner. Her large and pendulous breast pressed against his hand. The softness! It made Oscar's thoughts of violence wash away. Maybe she was human after all. His brain was now awash with images of him caressing her body, her thick yet viscous flesh molding to his grip.

He could not control himself. As soon as he saw an opportunity, Oscar grabbed her from behind in one swift motion. He felt himself get sucked into her back like those mattresses he'd see in TV commercials but could never afford. His body merged with her but his hands were still free and he used them to grab on to the front of her torso. As he was preparing to take a euphorical deep breath of her neck and hair, his eyes went to his uncle.

There were tears in the old man's defeated eyes. Not because his hard work was being decimated to trash, but because he noticed what Oscar was doing. He knew. The world came crashing down on Oscar. He couldn't keep doing what he wanted to. And in the same swift motion he grabbed her, he somehow managed enough strength to spin around and guide her towards the exit. The blood that was rushing to his privates had now moved to his legs and arms. The adrenaline of not letting his family down made him push like he had never before.

And he was still able to give a parting gift of a very enjoyable hip thrust to the soft and squishy behind of this Namibian queen as she was falling out of the door.

But seriously, I would've shot the bitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)