News that makes you say WTF! (26 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
US guards with guns to patrol British airports for the first time under controversial new plans being discussed by London and Washington
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...al-new-plans-discussed-London-Washington.html

Gun-toting US border guards with the power to search holidaymakers will be stationed at British airports for the first time, under controversial plans being discussed by Washington and London.

The US Department of Homeland Security wants to introduce the scheme at airports worldwide, including Heathrow and Manchester, to reduce the risk of Islamic State terrorists flying to America.

Guards from Customs and Border Protection would carry out immigration and customs checks before passengers board. They would be given diplomatic immunity so they could not be prosecuted for any crime committed on British soil

:shifty:

:sergio:

Democracy: coming to an airport near you
It is dailymail though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You know, I loved Alcatraz and all, but I'm not a big fan of San Francisco. What particularly annoyed me was this: http://store.boudinbakery.com/bread-c1.aspx.

Since Americans don't eat normal, tasty bread for some reason, they consider this to be a specialty. But the thing is.. This bakery just sells bread. Normal bread. Like the one we have over here. And then they have the audacity to present it as something exotic and act all fancy about it. Never mind that bread costs next to nothing to make. I suppose it would be the equivalent of a specialized donut shop in Antwerp.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
You know, I loved Alcatraz and all, but I'm not a big fan of San Francisco. What particularly annoyed me was this: http://store.boudinbakery.com/bread-c1.aspx.

Since Americans don't eat normal, tasty bread for some reason, they consider this to be a specialty. But the thing is.. This bakery just sells bread. Normal bread. Like the one we have over here. And then they have the audacity to present it as something exotic and act all fancy about it. Never mind that bread costs next to nothing to make. I suppose it would be the equivalent of a specialized donut shop in Antwerp.
Well, it is true that the climate here supports a sourdough culture that is genuinely unique to the area. (And by that I mean a microbiology culture, not a social one.)

That said, you only find those Boudin outlets in the tourist traps here -- the neighborhoods of which in SF are generally treated like concentration camps by the locals. You go to those areas because some foreigner has to -- you never go yourself to enjoy something. It also segregates the tourist population somewhat in concentration camps so we don't have to deal with them.

So I'm guessing if I go to the tourist traps in Antwerp, I would expect something not too dissimilar.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Well, it is true that the climate here supports a sourdough culture that is genuinely unique to the area. (And by that I mean a microbiology culture, not a social one.)

That said, you only find those Boudin outlets in the tourist traps here -- the neighborhoods of which in SF are generally treated like concentration camps by the locals. You go to those areas because some foreigner has to -- you never go yourself to enjoy something. It also segregates the tourist population somewhat in concentration camps so we don't have to deal with them.

So I'm guessing if I go to the tourist traps in Antwerp, I would expect something not too dissimilar.
Tourists don't go to Belgium. Even they aren't that mad :shifty: :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)