News that makes you say WTF! (67 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
It's a horse$#@! article though. Imagine if every culture complained about the bastardization of their cuisine or the fact that simple dishes are being paid for at a premium. Ridiculous.
So what's the problem with that? It happens, doesn't it? And someone is unhappy about it. Maybe they didn't need to give her a column to complain about it publicly. But even if they did, big deal.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Dude, the guy fired on him after he was lying on the ground already. Plus after the cop got out of the car he wasn't making any moves to attack anyone, and still he got shot 16 (!) times. Unreal shit.
The cover up part didn't help either. I mean, he's getting a Murder One charge so justice will probably be served in some form.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
You can't make this up :lol:
It really does take someone with a higher education to write something this stupid:

http://everydayfeminism.com/2015/11/foodie-without-appropriation/
Oh man. I thought this was a parody.

Dude, the guy fired on him after he was lying on the ground already. Plus after the cop got out of the car he wasn't making any moves to attack anyone, and still he got shot 16 (!) times. Unreal shit.
Yes. And there's no excuse for that.

But I can't imagine this is the first 17-year-old kid high on PCP to go wandering in the middle of Chicago streets with a knife and ending up either utterly violated or dead -- and not by the hands of the police either. We just don't hear about them. There's a bigger problem to the picture here than a lone murderous cop.

That kid might have survived the police but not his fellow neighborhood residents.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Jesus fucking Christ. That isn't even well written. And as a foodie myself, that is offensive to me.

You dumb bitch, it's fucking food. I'm going to make a Peking turkDUCKen today for thanksgiving just to eat away at your disease.
I made my wife read it. She got so angry reading it should couldn't make it to #5.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
You guys really are wired to be outraged right now. That article is on the fastidious side, but it's hardly hair raising. It makes some okay points and exaggerates their importance is all.
It's just ridiculous. The fact that she thought sharing something like that with her readers makes me think she looks at her readers as a bunch of kids who need to be told what to think. That topic and the conclusion she comes to are just ridiculous. There's no correlation between food and whatever she's saying. Food from Asia is Asian, we don't need to know the history behind every single dish. The reason that people say ethnic when referring to food from "brown people" places is because America has European roots. She's just a vicitmizing crybaby who thinks she's culturally diverse but in reality she's a sheltered person. Ask anyone from different countries if they see what she sees and they won't. They'll be happy their food is enjoyed by others and that's it.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It's just ridiculous. The fact that she thought sharing something like that with her readers makes me think she looks at her readers as a bunch of kids who need to be told what to think. That topic and the conclusion she comes to are just ridiculous. There's no correlation between food and whatever she's saying. Food from Asia is Asian, we don't need to know the history behind every single dish. The reason that people say ethnic when referring to food from "brown people" places is because America has European roots. She's just a vicitmizing crybaby who thinks she's culturally diverse but in reality she's a sheltered person. Ask anyone from different countries if they see what she sees and they won't. They'll be happy their food is enjoyed by others and that's it.
What's even hypocritical is that she brings up Islamophobia around Middle Eastern food like hummus and falafel. Completely ignorant of the fact that food is cultural, not really religious, and that there's a lot of Israelis who will culturally lay claim to hummus and falafel as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)