News that makes you say WTF! (14 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
First, I gotta take issue with this fallacy of "good businessman = good politician". Good luck firing your non-performing citizens. Good luck outsourcing your legislative branch to Malaysia for cost savings on non-essential BPOs. Good luck doing an M&A on Taiwan for their memory chip manufacturing in an information-driven economy.
I think you meant Commander in Chief. We don't want a good politician, we have too many of those. I call them freaks because that's what they are. As for the legislative branch, they might as well be in Malaysia now, in fact can we please give it a try? Sounds like a good idea to me.

More typical is the likes of Bloomberg: you got the job primarily because you could afford it.
Yeah, and Bloomberg is a complete nightmare, that is true.

Second, what makes you so sure Trump wants to see his competitors thrive rather than be crushed? Hopefully the corruption levels in this country haven't become so bad for us to adopt the Berlusconi Doctrine.
It's a valid point. But like myself and others said before, essentially all of the other candidates have business interests and competition, and they promote legislation and contracts that stifle competitors. So if we ask this of Trump, we should be asking it to all.

I'm not sure we were spewing gold-backed currency out of our collective asses when we were first putting the Statue of Liberty as a prostitute's siren song to immigrants on Ellis Island.
No, but we had savings and investment, entrepreneurship, and a need for a manufacturing base. Now we don't have any of that apart from a few folks in tech. Add in the already stricken climate of social programs and benefits, we simply can't handle anymore.

Instead of caring about people in other countries, it's time to worry about the folks already here legally and live in poverty. We already have 93+ million Americans not in the labor force; we don't need more and we don't need more of a labor supply.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
What about his opinion?

- - - Updated - - -

So was mine. He knew the only way to set his life right was to come back legally. And that's exactly what he did. Left to go back to Italy and came right through Ellis Island.
Why? Mine didn't :D. Worked as a longshoreman. It eventually killed him from working with all the asbestos, right after I was born.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Not even the thousands of screaming 12 year old girls that follow the USWNT watch women's soccer unless it's a World Cup and the US.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)