New smoking ban in Italy (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I'm surprised noone mentioned it, on Jan 10 a new smoking regulation came into effect in Italy, indoor smoking is now banned in all public places (like they did in Ireland not too long ago). This event is quite noteworthy, among the EU member states Italy is a country that has a percentage of smokers way above the average level.

According to wikipedia, a bunch of other regions will now also enjoy the effects of bans on smoking:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoking_ban

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #3
    No they can't stop you, but they can fine your ass for up to €200 per offence. :D

Send me a cheque and I won't turn you in :D

Mar 14, 2004
    I have a favourite caffe-bar in Trieste,we even acquainted the bartender good.....every time we pass by we go there to drink some coffe and that I can tease bartender for supporting such lousy club like Milan :D....smoking is forbidden.....but If you come with cigarets,he has few ashtrays behind the bar and he provides you one.....

So....im really not affraid of that.....nex time I'll go there....I'll report of the situation there.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    And I heard that the fine automaticly doubles if there is a pregnant woman in a 25 meter radius (or something like that)

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
    I have a favourite caffe-bar in Trieste,we even acquainted the bartender good.....every time we pass by we go there to drink some coffe and that I can tease bartender for supporting such lousy club like Milan :D....smoking is forbidden.....but If you come with cigarets,he has few ashtrays behind the bar and he provides you one.....

So....im really not affraid of that.....nex time I'll go there....I'll report of the situation there.
    See that's not so bad. Because a couple of people smoking in one place is infinitely better than the whole bar filled with smoke. If I were in that bar, I wouldn't sit with you but I could still be in the same room. It's not the way it should be but it's a big improvement.

Btw you realize of course that if you were to chew the tobacco instead of smoking it, the irritation and health hazard to people around you would be zero and they wouldn't give a shit about it? Why is that fact so readily overlooked by smokers? :D

Mar 14, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

See that's not so bad. Because a couple of people smoking in one place is infinitely better than the whole bar filled with smoke. If I were in that bar, I wouldn't sit with you but I could still be in the same room. It's not the way it should be but it's a big improvement.
    What? you consider smokers as nazi criminals or smoking just irritates you so much? :cool:

++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    Btw you realize of course that if you were to chew the tobacco instead of smoking it, the irritation and health hazard to people around you would be zero and they wouldn't give a shit about it? Why is that fact so readily overlooked by smokers? :D
    Dunno.....smoking calmes me down....I started in highschool during the breaks cuz I was nervous and besides beating idiots had nothing to do :D ..... nowdays it's not a addiction(due to a bet I quited for about 6 months) it's a habbit I like.....so what? chewing tobacco? No thanks...

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #9
    What? you consider smokers as nazi criminals or smoking just irritates you so much? :cool:
    It irritates me, I hate it.

Dunno.....smoking calmes me down....I started in highschool during the breaks cuz I was nervous and besides beating idiots had nothing to do :D ..... nowdays it's not a addiction(due to a bet I quited for about 6 months) it's a habbit I like.....so what? chewing tobacco? No thanks...
    Yeah but if you chew it instead, you still get the substance you want but you don't bother anyone.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #13
    :howler: So you won't stop bothering people until you know there is someone to replace you? :doh:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Its our lungs, let us do what we want with them.

If a non-smoker happens to get in our smoke cloud path, then they should just duck.:D

See, everyone's happy.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    There is nothing better than going out to a club and then coming back home and having your hair not smell like cigarette. Same when you go out to eat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)